Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Access Theme Designer templates from Slideshow Creator will replace the whole timeline when finished
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Highlight some images on the timeline and then accessing Theme Designer from Slideshow Creator causes the whole timeline to be replaced when OK is clicked. This issue has been reported in the FB PD forums by a user. The PD17 user manual page 10 thru 16 does not mention that Theme Designer templates are in Slideshow Creator and can be used like the Slideshow templates, but they are there.

Click on the timeline to place the cursor where you want the theme Designer template to start. Found that going to Plugins/Theme Designer it works like it should. The Theme Designer templates will be where one wants them on the timeline.

Go to Plugins/Slideshow Creator and select a Theme Designer template and get the same issue of having the whole timeline replaced. This is confusing some users that accessing Theme Designer in Slideshow Creator has this issue. I believe this issue is a bug that needs to be reported to Cyberlink Support.

Does any one else use Theme Designer and find this problem? I will write a support ticket if another user can confirm this issue.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I've tested this out with PD17/365 v2721 and I can confirm that I also see inconsitent behavior between the timeline and plugin tools. However, it's somewhat different than what the FB user reported.

When I use the plugin Slideshow Creator and choose one of the Theme Designer templates, my new content gets placed at the start of the timeline, regardless of where I had set the scrubber when I opened the plugin. My timeline content remains intact - it isn't replaced.

If I select timeline content and create a slideshow directly, the timeline placement of the slideshow content is correct. This is what I saw during my testing:

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi tomasc & optodata -

There's definitely an issue here!

From my observation, there's no difference between PDR17 365/subscription & PDR17 perpetual.

If photos are selected from the timeline, then Slideshow... choosing any of the Theme Designer templates will replace ALL content in the timeline.

[BTW - a couple of times during my testing, if I immediately followed that with Ctrl+Z (undo), the TD sequence was left in place and the other timeline content was returned. surprised Totally whacko, because I can't replicate that at will.]

When accessing SlideShow creator via Plugins, then choosing a Theme Designer template, it replaces all timeline content too...

The rotten thing is so unpredictable, I don't know if any of it is still going to be true after I hit Submit!

I can see how having the Slideshow & TD templates available together may be useful, but it's messed up the works.

Cheers - Tony

P.S. I can replicate optodata's screen capture exactly if I select a slideshow template (like Camera). Once a TD template is selected (e.g. Notepad), the issue occurs.
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote P.S. I can replicate optodata's screen capture exactly if I select a slideshow template (like Camera). Once a TD template is selected (e.g. Notepad), the issue occurs.

Thanks for that clarification, Tony. I've never used either tool and I was worried that I might have missed something in trying to recreate tomasc's issue. Sure enough I did! foot-in-mouth

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you Tony and Optodata for looking into this issue. I beleive that Theme Designer should never have been put inside Slideshow Creator for use as whatever images one highlights and then open a Theme Designer template as the highlighted images will not be used anyway.

Wrote a support ticket. Question ID = CS002024838.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Received a response from Cyberlink support. It reads in part: With reference to your query, we do appreciate for reporting the issue. We are able to reproduce the issue in our lab and an engineer is assigned to check the issue.

Hope that this can be patched soon.