Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Scott

Sometimes TVs are fussy which flash drives they work with, try another one.
So far as I know, and I am sure somebody will correct me here, TVs prefer the M2TS file format.

And lastly, I just had a look at a Phillips 42" spec, and it says "USB for fantastic photo and music playback" No word about video playing so you had better check.

I hope you find a solution

Regards

Robert
Hi Shedoc

Get your huge blob into the media library by importing "media" from wherever you store it. Once in the library drag it down to the PD8 "timeline"

Once it is in the timeline, click on it to highlight it. Then in the row above the timeline you will see the word "split" - move the timeline indicator to anywhere you wish to add an effect, and click on "split". You can then place effects in the split that you have made. Repeat the procedure wherever you want put something into your film. If you want to remove a scene, split both sides of it, highlight the offending part and press "delete".

Try that for starters it should get you going.

Regards

Robert
Hi Again Phil

The following setting worked fine for me in the "voiceover recording room"

Under "device" I had "USB microphone" selected. Audio Input "Microphone" was selected. It also worked with the "soundmax HD audio" selected, but I had to unmute the microphone in the "mixer"

If you have the correct setting you will see the "volume slider" change to about 80. and when you speak the volume indicator should change colour with changes in volume.

As you are recording you should see a red dotted outline being created on the voice track and when you cease recording you should see the track being created.

nb. you do have to have a clip in the timeline or in a PIP track to record a voiceover

I hope it works for you

Regards

Robert
Hi Phil

When you go to the "capture" (left of edit) page, is there a white microphone and does it turn purple when you click on it? If this is the case you should be able to record.

Are you actually trying to capture your recording through the "capture" page or from somewhere else. In your post you dont actually say so can you clarify please

Regards

Robert
Hi Kenneth

You get extra title templates and other effects already downloaded, but that's about all

Regards

Robert
Hi Jeff

Have a look at this patch, it has SVRT support for Canon AVCHD and could be what you are looking for. Who knows what else it might do.

http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/patches_en_US.html

Regards

Robert
Hi Newbie. You need to give yourself a name before you ask questions on the forum. Just edit your profile and you can be any name you like as long as it's decent.

In the meantime have a look at this thread, I think it will answer your query

http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/posts/list/1429.page

Robert
Hi John

When you say "thumbnails" are you referring to the thumbnails used when producing a DVD menu - Or are you talking about the duration of "effects" and "transitions" used in clips?

I only ask, because if you are using PD8 for the first time, there may be some confusion.

I am not aware of any way to set a duration to a DVD thumbnail.

Regards

Robert
Hi MikeFromMesa

You need to use the "DVD Video" setting. When burning discs AVCHD is primarilly for BluRay.

Regards

Robert
Hi again, Joey

Have a look at Tony's comments on this link. They may help if you haven't already solved the problem.

http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/posts/list/1208.page

Regards

Robert
Should be OK then, Pippo

I hope that you enjoy using PD8. It's a super package.

Good luck

Robert
Hi Joey

Not sure if this help very much, but have a try.

Firstly, using the "capture" page never seemed to work for me. Is there any way you can get your movie files into a folder on the hard disc? If so, try copying them to, say, My docs.

Then in the "edit page" of PD8 go to the yellow folder next to the clapper board and import the files from my docs. In my experience this works well and it may for you.

Regards

Robert
Hi Pippo

These are the MINIMUM requirements to run PowerDirector 8. Remember that the more power you have, the better it is. You can never have enough RAM and processor power.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Robert

Screen Resolution 1024 x 768, 16-bit color or higher

OS Windows 7/Vista/XP (Windows XP Service Pack 2 is required for HDV capture).

Memory 512 MB required

2GB DDR2 or above recommended for editing HD videos

CPU AVI Capture/Producer: Pentium II 450 MHz or AMD Athlon 500 MHz

VCD Quality (MPEG-1) Profiles: Pentium III 600 MHz or AMD Athlon 700 MHz

DVD Quality (MPEG-2) Profiles: Pentium 4 2.2 GHz or AMD Athlon XP 2200+

High Quality MPEG-4 and Streaming WMV, QuickTime, RealVideo) Profiles: Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz or AMD Athlon XP 2400+

AVCHD and MPEG-2 HD (for BD/HD burning) Profiles: Pentium Core 2 Duo E6400 or Athlon 64 X2 5000+

Video Capturing Device PCI or USB1.0/2.0 capture device compliant with WDM standard (i.e. PC Camera and TV tuner with WDM driver)

DV camcorder connected via OHCI-compliant IEEE1394 (check CyberLink web site) for supported model list)

DVD camcorder connected via USB2.0 (check CyberLink web site for supported model list)

Sony MicroMV/AVCHD/HDV camcorder (check CyberLink web site for supported model list)

JVC Everio camcorder (check CyberLink web site for supported model list)

Hard Disk Space 5 GB required (400MB for SmartSound Quicktrack Library)

10 GB (20 GB recommended) required for DVD production

60GB (100GB recommended) required for BD/HD/AVCHD production

Burning Devices A CD or DVD burner (CD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW or DVD-R/RW) is required to burn VCD/DVD/SVCD/AVCHD* titles

A Blu-ray Disc recordable drive is required to burn Blu-ray Disc titles*

Microphone A microphone is required for recording voice-overs

Hi Again Nick

Highlight your video in the timeline and then go to "power tools" above the timeline. You can then adjust the speed as necessary

Robert
OK Nick

With your video in the timeline. Go to the media room (clapper board) you will see a button saying "all content" click on this button and select "colour boards". When you see a black colour board, drag it down and place it to the left of your movie.

Then put your title in the title track, exactly under the blackboard. Then click on the colour board that you have just inserted and go to "duration" just above the timeline. Make the duration the same as your title duration.

The result will be BLACK SCREEN WITH TITLE - VIDEO

I hope this helps

Robert
Hi Nick

To move a clip in the timeline just click on it to highlight it and then drag it to its new position. If you are placing it within a movie clip you will need to split the clip to make room for it.

Clips in the timeline default to the left, therefore all clips must sit next to another or in other words you cant have a clip then a gap.

I hope this helps

Robert
Hi Edgar

Question 1. The best way I have found of using transitions in the way you want is to incorporate them with a black colour board.

You will need to place your titles where you want them in the title track. And you will need your clips in the main track.

Highlight the first title so the scrubber is on the left of the title. Then, without moving the scrubber highlight the main track and "split" it at that point where the scrubber is.

Once split go to the media room (all content) and select "colour boards" drag the black board down and place it in the main track where the split was made.
Now go to the transition room and drag the "fade" transition down and place it to the right of the black board you slotted in previously. Just repeat this procedure with each title.

This should result in the following: Film - Black - Fade - Title - Film

You may have to experiment with exact positioning.

Question 2

Where the title ends split the main track and insert a black colour board and give it the same duration as your title. In other words, you want your title and black board to be under each other and have the same duration

This will give you Title - film

I hope this helps

Robert

This will give you
Hi Karp

With your movie in the timeline. Go to the "media room" and click on all content. Select colour boards. You will see a black colour board, drag this down and place it to the left of your film.

You can stretch the board to the length you require.
Place your title in the title track on the far left.

The result will be Title first then movie

Regards

Robert
OnTheWeb

I wish I knew what you are talking about??????

Robert
Hi Andy

I use a Logitec headset for PD8 with very good results. It's the same one I use for Skype.

What I did find was that the quality of the sound was far better when plugged into the front of the PC against be plugged in the rear input.

I hope this helps

Robert
Hi Adriano

The Macho man suggests you have used the "power tools" button above the timeline. Only you know what you have done.

Go back into "power tools" and see if one is ticked. If there is and you dont want it, just untick it

The flashes above machoman's head say that you have also used the "fix/enhance" button - Again if you dont want them just untick them

Robert
Go to: