Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do you move clips along the timeline
nick [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 25, 2010 11:49 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
The very top of the timeline thingy where your clips go. Well.. i cant move my main clips around.. Its the Master Video Track..

But below it on the PiP Track 1 i can move stuff around in that.

Anyone know how to get around this problem?

Thanks

Nick
TheShadowman
Member Location: St Albans, Herts, United Kingdom Joined: Dec 31, 2009 12:05 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Nick

To move a clip in the timeline just click on it to highlight it and then drag it to its new position. If you are placing it within a movie clip you will need to split the clip to make room for it.

Clips in the timeline default to the left, therefore all clips must sit next to another or in other words you cant have a clip then a gap.

I hope this helps

Robert
nick [Avatar]
[Post New]
Umm.. Right. I understand what you mean. but say i want to put a title clip at the start of a video.. or before a clip. How do i put it infront of the clip? i seems to just go over the clip that is playing if you understand me?

Thanks

Nick
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Nick -

Watch Kevin's Colour Boards Tutorial at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38k4Y7k1wiU

If you notice what he does at about 1:45, it will help to answer your question, along with Robert's suggestion.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
nick [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks tony ill take a look at it now

Cheers

Nick
nick [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ah mate your a star! Thanks soo much.. It was making me really stressed

Thanks

Nick
TheShadowman
Member Location: St Albans, Herts, United Kingdom Joined: Dec 31, 2009 12:05 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
OK Nick

With your video in the timeline. Go to the media room (clapper board) you will see a button saying "all content" click on this button and select "colour boards". When you see a black colour board, drag it down and place it to the left of your movie.

Then put your title in the title track, exactly under the blackboard. Then click on the colour board that you have just inserted and go to "duration" just above the timeline. Make the duration the same as your title duration.

The result will be BLACK SCREEN WITH TITLE - VIDEO

I hope this helps

Robert
nick [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks shadow. Done it now.

Thanks for everyones help.

Nick