Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Microphone not recognized [ Solved ]
Phil [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 03, 2010 09:09 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Microphone is working with all other software ( I use my microphone all the time !! ), But PD8 does not recognize it.

The Microphone tab ( below Device tab ) is not highlighted when I mouse over it. The other 3 are highlighted with a nice sexy blue .

When I click on Device tab,Audio device does recognize my microphone but the Audio Input is grayed out I click on Mixer tab and Windows shows that all is well.

When I click on Profile tab, Name: gives me Untitled as the only option and Format: as PCM the only option

Preferences tab, I am not adjusting.

I am loving using PD except for this niggle. To do a voice over, I am having to record with other software while I am using PD which is ok but wish I could do it all within PD especially as the option is there

Help me out please geeks/non geeks

Windows 7/64[b]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 07. 2010 00:41

TheShadowman
Member Location: St Albans, Herts, United Kingdom Joined: Dec 31, 2009 12:05 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Phil

When you go to the "capture" (left of edit) page, is there a white microphone and does it turn purple when you click on it? If this is the case you should be able to record.

Are you actually trying to capture your recording through the "capture" page or from somewhere else. In your post you dont actually say so can you clarify please

Regards

Robert
Phil [Avatar]
[Post New]
Oooooops

Followed your suggestion and working fine when I tested through "Capture" mode.

Obviously, I was attempting to record while I was watching/editing my production, so I guess there is a way to enter "Capture" mode while I am editing/previewing my work.

I will try experimenting more in the next day or so.

Thanks so much for heading me in the right direction Robert

EDIT: I have been attempting to record in "edit" mode and using the microphone picture to the left ( with the 10 options ) and this is where I am unable to record while I am monitoring the video.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 06. 2010 12:03

TheShadowman
Member Location: St Albans, Herts, United Kingdom Joined: Dec 31, 2009 12:05 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Again Phil

The following setting worked fine for me in the "voiceover recording room"

Under "device" I had "USB microphone" selected. Audio Input "Microphone" was selected. It also worked with the "soundmax HD audio" selected, but I had to unmute the microphone in the "mixer"

If you have the correct setting you will see the "volume slider" change to about 80. and when you speak the volume indicator should change colour with changes in volume.

As you are recording you should see a red dotted outline being created on the voice track and when you cease recording you should see the track being created.

nb. you do have to have a clip in the timeline or in a PIP track to record a voiceover

I hope it works for you

Regards

Robert

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 06. 2010 12:52

Phil [Avatar]
[Post New]
Another OOoooop's and egg on my face

I was sure I had set everything as best I could within PD8, so I looked into other options-------

Until now, I had chosen NOT to install Nvidia high definition audio. After installing this AND Conexant high definition smart audio 221, everything is perfect.

Microphone is functioning correctly with BOTH "Capture" tab and "Edit" tab in PD8 .

Thanks Robert for your assistance. Reading your last post, our settings are very different. Also, my microphone is not a USB input, but connects straight into the front microphone input.

I am still very new to this software, though my impressions to date leave the competitors in the distant rear. PD8 is very very user/computer friendly.

Cheers members and thanks again Robert