Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
capture settings?
shedoc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 11, 2010 10:06 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi from Shedoc here, new to capturing moving pictures lol, my problem here i think is in my capture settings, or perhaps something else, here goes.

I am transferring vhs to dvd, most is just a straight burn, which i have no problems with, but if i want to edit it, and add features to it, i do not have single clips, its just one huge blob.

how can i get singe frames in my workspace to edit or add features?

im confused.

any help would be appreciated.....thanks
TheShadowman
Member Location: St Albans, Herts, United Kingdom Joined: Dec 31, 2009 12:05 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Shedoc

Get your huge blob into the media library by importing "media" from wherever you store it. Once in the library drag it down to the PD8 "timeline"

Once it is in the timeline, click on it to highlight it. Then in the row above the timeline you will see the word "split" - move the timeline indicator to anywhere you wish to add an effect, and click on "split". You can then place effects in the split that you have made. Repeat the procedure wherever you want put something into your film. If you want to remove a scene, split both sides of it, highlight the offending part and press "delete".

Try that for starters it should get you going.

Regards

Robert

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 11. 2010 12:47

shedoc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Robert I will give that a try, and hopefully I do it correctly.

Thanks again
shedoc [Avatar]
[Post New]
hello again, I dont think i explained myself as well as i could last time.

I have my captured vhs to my timeline, but it shows as only one frame. But if i play it the whole film is there.,

I just dont have single clips or frames, not sure of the terminology yet, in my time line.

So there fore i cant even see where i want to make the changes.

Sorry but i have never used this before and i am at a loss.

help

thanks shedoc
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Shedoc,

What Robert was pointing out to you will work very well. As you play your clip(blob) on the timeline you will see in the preview screen where you could press "pause" and then select "Split" to break the blob up into seperate scenes. Then you can add your transitions etc. But I know what you mean, it just shows a single frame as a representation of what is in the clip on the Timeline.
See Screen Shot: Timeline

Another method is to place the "blob" onto the timeline, select it(one click) the select the "Multitrim" button located above the timeline. This function can show each individual frame and might be easier or harder for you to split the video into chunks to work with.
See Screen Shot: Multitrim

You might need to read up on how to use Multitrim as it uses terms called "Mark-in and Mark-out points" to determine the Split points. You just need to dive in and experiment with it a bit to get used to using it.

I hope this helps.

Kevin

I personally use his method: It works for me and gives me enough accuracy.
[Thumb - MultiTrim.JPG]
 Filename
MultiTrim.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
91 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
126 time(s)
[Thumb - Timeline 1.JPG]
 Filename
Timeline 1.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
69 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
130 time(s)

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Mar 12. 2010 11:52

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.