Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
2 Simple Questions
Edgar [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 20, 2010 19:34 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
1) How do I put transitions in between titles? Im trying to create an NFL draft video and I want to go from my opening title to #5 but i cant get a transition in there

2) How do i move a video? When i dragged it in, it went right to the front so the title is overlapping with it. How do i move it ahead? So it doesnt interfere?

Thanks in Advance!
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Most use a colorboard to make the space to hold the video in place. I use a black image just because that's how I have always done it. You can apply transitions to titles, but they are a little more limited than transitions between clips. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
TheShadowman
Member Location: St Albans, Herts, United Kingdom Joined: Dec 31, 2009 12:05 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Edgar

Question 1. The best way I have found of using transitions in the way you want is to incorporate them with a black colour board.

You will need to place your titles where you want them in the title track. And you will need your clips in the main track.

Highlight the first title so the scrubber is on the left of the title. Then, without moving the scrubber highlight the main track and "split" it at that point where the scrubber is.

Once split go to the media room (all content) and select "colour boards" drag the black board down and place it in the main track where the split was made.
Now go to the transition room and drag the "fade" transition down and place it to the right of the black board you slotted in previously. Just repeat this procedure with each title.

This should result in the following: Film - Black - Fade - Title - Film

You may have to experiment with exact positioning.

Question 2

Where the title ends split the main track and insert a black colour board and give it the same duration as your title. In other words, you want your title and black board to be under each other and have the same duration

This will give you Title - film

I hope this helps

Robert

This will give you

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 21. 2010 09:52