Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Except making the audio track bigger (to make it easier with the dots) you might concider put that clip on it's own videotrack (in sync with the others) and mute that track.

Edit: added a pic to clarify.
Thanks!!
Thanks!

A comment re LUT's. To being able to apply them CoroDirector is needed. (Or any other color grading software) And they can't be applied directly in PD, at least not to my knowledge.

Thanks again for a gret and very good looking publication.
Quote This is mostly a guess on my part.

You should do your PhotoDirector edits to all of your photos. Then add the edited photos to the Powerdirector timeline. You would need to edit the Photos as standalone in PhotoDirector then export (save the file) to a new edited file. Import those Edited photos to Powerdirector.

I think what may be happening, Keyframes from PhotoDirector Edits do not transfer to Powerdirector. Only the keyframes that represent actions in Powerdirector will be copied and pasted.

Your keyframes were copied, then pasted, nothing happens if there are either no keyframes or there are no changes to the keyframe on the pasted photos.

You can save your edits in PhotoDirector and apply those edits in PhotoDirector to other photos. There is a method to save actions in PhotoDirector.

Presets can be saved and/or downloaded from Director Zone. In PhotoDirector help, Contents, Adjustments, 'Using Adjustment Presets". Expand the header there is more.

Second option was spot on, thanks! Apperently the workflow to follow creating time lapse's with some editing. I made several other attempts edit directly in PD15 but the options were very limited not to say almost nonexistant.

Where in Texas are you living? Just curious as I had the oppertunity drive through parts of it at one of my US road trips. Up from Dallas and down to San Antonio and from there eastbound.
Quote New to PowerDirector 15, I currently use Videostudio and Premeire Elements.

The first thing I notice that I DO NOT like about PowerDirector is after I clip a video and

want to delete it, I hit delete and then given three choices. I just want to hit one button: Delete and the clip is

gone, I do not need this extra step. How can I assign DEL to delete the clip, that's all I need, no questions,

I don't want to hit Ctrl+Del, just delete. Can this be done and how.

Thank you so much!

Steve

Might be possible to achive what you want by reassigning keys: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/44408.page;jsessionid=9727C2DCDFB7429A59551BFC41652427
Hi.

I was trying to create a time lapse using a combination of PD15 and PhotoDirector8. The latter to edit the color and make some cropping. So I import the sequenze of photos and add them to the time line. I pick the first one in the time line > enhance > PhotoDirector. In PhotoDirector I crop and add a preset + some more adjustment to the picture. I click back and get back into PD15. In PD15 I right click on the edited photo and copy keyframe attributes. I select all, it dosen't matter if I select all or just try one in the line, and paste keyframe attributes. Nothing happens. I get the warning box telling me I will paste in the kayframe, I click OK but as said. Nothing happens. The rest of the pictures are unchanged.... Is it a limitation, PD can't handle this use case or am I stupid doing something wrong?

Thanks!
Will it be possible to apply the GA release ontop of this patch? I.e I can install this and then just install the GA when it arrives and don't have to reinstall anything?

Yes, typically, but nothing is 100% guaranteed. They are beta and the user accepts any associated risks of the install and post effects. It's been noted before that at times these beta patches contain something that did not become part of the next GA release. In which case one can have somewhat a half breed install with some program dlls coming from a beta patch and others from a GA release or original install. There is no version control validation as part of the beta or GA packages. These unique dlls, if they would occur in a release cycle, may lead to some unique experiences vs the general population of users.

So to be safe, one either has to use imaging to recover pre beta computer condition prior to doing the GA install, or do anther full install of base package and then the GA update.

Jeff

Thanks!
Quote Hi Members,

A new beta patch is available, PDR15 v2805 beta patch can be downloaded from here:

Downloader link:

http://update.cyberlink.com/Retail/Patch/PowerDirector/DL/TR170405-015/CyberLink_PowerDirector_Downloader.exe

Direct download link:

http://download.cyberlink.com/ftpdload/cs/patch/PDR15/PowerDirector_2805_GM5_Patch_Patch_VDE170224-02.exe

Release notes:-

• Improves SVRT production of trimmed video.

• Improves compatibility of MPEG-4 and AVI video clips.

• Improves AMD graphics card compatibility when using OpenCL accelerated effects.

• Improves compatibility of projects from previous versions of PowerDirector.

• Fixes variable opacity when previewing in Title Designer.

• Fixes crashing after selecting “Maximize” in the Motion tab if no patch is selected in PiP Designer.

• Enables keyboard input of Color Temperature and Tint.

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator

Will it be possible to apply the GA release ontop of this patch? I.e I can install this and then just install the GA when it arrives and don't have to reinstall anything?

Thanks
A little bit odd is the reference to:

PDR12.exe in:+++ WER8 +++:Fault bucket 129347415434, type 5 Event Name: AppHangB1 Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: PDR12.exe P2: 12.0.3617.0 P3: 5490ff33 P4: 9552 P5: 134217728 P6: P7: P8: P9: P10:

Did you have a previous version of PD installed?
My D14 got automatically uninstalled by the PD15 installer. All stuff created like projects, titles and so one was imporded back to PD15.
Quote Hi Patsy -

lilia's transitions on DZ work as expected here. Here's one of them, Håkan.

After installing, you'll find them under Transitions > Downloaded.

Patsy - to check what's happening, try making the duration (say) 2-3 seconds. Each one I tested works fine.

Cheers - Tony

I tried out "Spring mood 52" and from what I could see it was working OK for me too. Patsy, if you elaborate more around:

"But they barely show up then disappear all together or don't even show up anything at all. "

we might get a better understanding about your issue.
Quote Good evening all,

I have PD 15 and none of the transitions I download from DZ will work for me. I do know how to load them correctly, I have been using PD for years now. I have downloaded alot of lilia's transitions, which appear that they may be very nice ones, but it's not just hers that won't work for me. But they barely show up then disappear all together or don't even show up anything at all. Any ideas why? I am working on a Dell pc with W10. It is a few years old now with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 and Intel Core i5-3350P@3.10 Ghz, if that's important to know.

Thanks,

Patsy B

Do you have something to search on to get a transition and I will try it in my PD. I searched for "lilia" but found no transistions.
Quote Hi Håkan K -

Coincidence! It was a DJI P4 D-LOG clip I used when I was checking the PDR > CDR > PDR results in previous versions.

A while back I had downloaded some LUTs from the DJI downloads page & found the .cube formatted LUTs weren't recognised by CDR, even though it works fine with other .cube LUTs I've tested.

This doesn't resolve your question, but you may be interested in the attached ZIP which includes the original .cube LUTs and the same ones converted to .mga (which CDR seems to like better).

Cheers - Tony

Thanks a lot Tony!

Although I purchaced LUT's I'm sure it will help others with running DJI.

/Håkan
Quote Hi Håkan K -

Yes - that's what happens. As far as I can recall, it's been that way for some versions (at least back to PDR13).

In the PDR > CDR > PDR cycle, the application of any LUT is lost unless some other adjustment is also applied. I'm not explaining it or excusing it - just making an observation. I'm not a massive user of LUTs so I haven't noticed it much.

I typically avoid "round-tripping", except for very minor adjustments, so I haven't noticed that as an issue. If clips require serious colour correction, I generally open them in CDR, make the adjustments then produce to the same format/profile... then bring those produced files into PDR for further editing within the project.

Anyway, there are a couple of ways around it.

Cheers - Tony

I'm recording with a flat profile (DJI LOG) and apply a suitable LUT to correct. I haven't thought about revert my process as you are doing it. Will try it out.

Thanks!
Quote Note for existing users. M+PD will continue working but only with the MagicYUV ver 1.x codec. Please continue using it.

Magic+PD was user developed as a simple means of transcoding compressed camera formats to the Magic YUV codec for 4k editing.

Magic+PD will not work with the newer 2.x versions of the MagicYUV codec and therefore user support has been withdrawn.

MagicYUV is rapidly gaining popularity as a fast intermediate edit codec and they will release a new converter which will include all versions of the codec and replace the current M+PD version. We will post a link to the new converter/transcoder as soon as it is released.

Thanks to all who participated in the project.

Al

I look forward to the new version and hope it will arrive somewhat soon.
Quote Note for existing users. M+PD will continue working but only with the MagicYUV ver 1.x codec. Please continue using it.

Magic+PD was user developed as a simple means of transcoding compressed camera formats to the Magic YUV codec for 4k editing.

Magic+PD will not work with the newer 2.x versions of the MagicYUV codec and therefore user support has been withdrawn.

MagicYUV is rapidly gaining popularity as a fast intermediate edit codec and they will release a new converter which will include all versions of the codec and replace the current M+PD version. We will post a link to the new converter/transcoder as soon as it is released.

Thanks to all who participated in the project.

Al

When I click on the link to the Magic+PD thread it is not there. Were the threads removed?

It appears if you google "MagicYUV" it's still possible to download version 1. And then you need the instructions to set it up..
Just updated from PD14 to 15 and trying it out. I found that if going from PD15 to CD5, adding a LUT and then back the LUT won't stick. And if i go back to CD5 my previous applied LUT is unselected.

To workaround I have to make a change, it appears no matter what change, in the left pane among the regular CD color grading tools.

I can't recall if this was the case with PD14 too. But anyhow, the issue is still there.
Looks like in my account. The only thing i can think of is if you are login in PD too?

Otherwise I think you might want to open a ticket with Cyberlink.
I expereinced the same problem with my 4k material. In the end I found out it happened if I first went into ColorDirector for some color grading, back to PD power tools > video speed > time shift > render. No issues were seen in the timeline before rendering. Now i do it the other way around and it seems to work out OK.
I just did that with my last project. As Steve mention my clips were all pre-produced in the same format and so on. It seems to have worked out well.
Quote I am trying to start my first project with PowerDirector 14, after testing my purchase for a few months. I need to create a screen capture video, however, it will not launch from within PowerDirector (the software crashes) & when launched as a stand-alone, it requests I register PowerDirector first.

PowerDirector was registered on purchase, way back in March 2016!

If you logon to Cyberlink and go to My Account > My Products. Is your PD14 listed there? I just checked my install and I can open the screen recorder both as standalone and from ithin PD14.
Go to: