Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Minor PD15 > ColorDirector5 > PD15 defect
[Post New]
Just updated from PD14 to 15 and trying it out. I found that if going from PD15 to CD5, adding a LUT and then back the LUT won't stick. And if i go back to CD5 my previous applied LUT is unselected.

To workaround I have to make a change, it appears no matter what change, in the left pane among the regular CD color grading tools.

I can't recall if this was the case with PD14 too. But anyhow, the issue is still there.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Håkan K -

Yes - that's what happens. As far as I can recall, it's been that way for some versions (at least back to PDR13).

In the PDR > CDR > PDR cycle, the application of any LUT is lost unless some other adjustment is also applied. I'm not explaining it or excusing it - just making an observation. I'm not a massive user of LUTs so I haven't noticed it much.

I typically avoid "round-tripping", except for very minor adjustments, so I haven't noticed that as an issue. If clips require serious colour correction, I generally open them in CDR, make the adjustments then produce to the same format/profile... then bring those produced files into PDR for further editing within the project.

Anyway, there are a couple of ways around it.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Quote Hi Håkan K -

Yes - that's what happens. As far as I can recall, it's been that way for some versions (at least back to PDR13).

In the PDR > CDR > PDR cycle, the application of any LUT is lost unless some other adjustment is also applied. I'm not explaining it or excusing it - just making an observation. I'm not a massive user of LUTs so I haven't noticed it much.

I typically avoid "round-tripping", except for very minor adjustments, so I haven't noticed that as an issue. If clips require serious colour correction, I generally open them in CDR, make the adjustments then produce to the same format/profile... then bring those produced files into PDR for further editing within the project.

Anyway, there are a couple of ways around it.

Cheers - Tony

I'm recording with a flat profile (DJI LOG) and apply a suitable LUT to correct. I haven't thought about revert my process as you are doing it. Will try it out.

Thanks!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Håkan K -

Coincidence! It was a DJI P4 D-LOG clip I used when I was checking the PDR > CDR > PDR results in previous versions.

A while back I had downloaded some LUTs from the DJI downloads page & found the .cube formatted LUTs weren't recognised by CDR, even though it works fine with other .cube LUTs I've tested.

This doesn't resolve your question, but you may be interested in the attached ZIP which includes the original .cube LUTs and the same ones converted to .mga (which CDR seems to like better).

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
P4DeLOGCube.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1517 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
427 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Quote Hi Håkan K -

Coincidence! It was a DJI P4 D-LOG clip I used when I was checking the PDR > CDR > PDR results in previous versions.

A while back I had downloaded some LUTs from the DJI downloads page & found the .cube formatted LUTs weren't recognised by CDR, even though it works fine with other .cube LUTs I've tested.

This doesn't resolve your question, but you may be interested in the attached ZIP which includes the original .cube LUTs and the same ones converted to .mga (which CDR seems to like better).

Cheers - Tony

Thanks a lot Tony!

Although I purchaced LUT's I'm sure it will help others with running DJI.

/Håkan