Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Screen Capture Requires Registration?
[Post New]
I am trying to start my first project with PowerDirector 14, after testing my purchase for a few months. I need to create a screen capture video, however, it will not launch from within PowerDirector (the software crashes) & when launched as a stand-alone, it requests I register PowerDirector first.

PowerDirector was registered on purchase, way back in March 2016!
[Post New]
Quote I am trying to start my first project with PowerDirector 14, after testing my purchase for a few months. I need to create a screen capture video, however, it will not launch from within PowerDirector (the software crashes) & when launched as a stand-alone, it requests I register PowerDirector first.

If you logon to Cyberlink and go to My Account > My Products. Is your PD14 listed there? I just checked my install and I can open the screen recorder both as standalone and from ithin PD14.
[Post New]
Quote I am trying to start my first project with PowerDirector 14, after testing my purchase for a few months. I need to create a screen capture video, however, it will not launch from within PowerDirector (the software crashes) & when launched as a stand-alone, it requests I register PowerDirector first.

If you logon to Cyberlink and go to My Account > My Products. Is your PD14 listed there? I just checked my install and I can open the screen recorder both as standalone and from ithin PD14.

...yes, my PD14 is listed ...see attached.
[Thumb - Screenshot 2016-11-12 11.20.52.png]
 Filename
Screenshot 2016-11-12 11.20.52.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
150 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
30 time(s)
[Post New]
...disappointed I'm not getting any help from Cyberlink.
[Post New]
Looks like in my account. The only thing i can think of is if you are login in PD too?

Otherwise I think you might want to open a ticket with Cyberlink.
[Thumb - PD_logged_in.png]
 Filename
PD_logged_in.png
[Disk]
 Description
SC_PD
 Filesize
3 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
27 time(s)
[Post New]
I have opened a ticket but they are slow to reply.

I tried reinstalling the software but it seems as though the licence registration is embedded in my Registry now. I had hoped I would get the window pop up to re-enter the Product Code but this never happened. Without that I can't see how to fulfil the request Screen Capture makes to register PD14.