Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

:

As I failed in my first attempt I deleted it all. So I did never try it out yesterday. So I will try tagging it first. Thanks again!

Just to confir, tagging it as a 360 worked out.

Thanks again.
Quote Hello again,

Gosh I'm silly sometimes!

In PhD, if you right click on a 360° photo that isn't being recognised you can select "Tag as 360 Photo", which allows you to view & edit correctly.

For whatever reason, however, the tag is not embedded in the photo's EXIF data when exported. I'll make enquiries to the CL development team about this.

PIX

:

As I failed in my first attempt I deleted it all. So I did never try it out yesterday. So I will try tagging it first. Thanks again!
Quote Hello Håkan K,

This issue has come up previously, so you're not alone.

Fortunately, the fix is fairly simple. If you have a look at this thread you'll find an easy way to fix the EXIF data so that PhD recognises your photos/panoramas as 360°.

Unfortunately, I can't explain why that is necessary.

PIX

Thanks. I have a go.
I'm trying to create a 360 pano. I have used my Osmo to shoot the pictures. I have used Microsoft Image Composite Editor (ICE) to stich it together. Still I get that message. What am I missing?

Thanks
Sorry, deleted. Thought you applied a LUT
Sorry, deleted. Thought you applied a LUT
Quote Hi Håkan K -

I can't test that here because, even though I have CDR 2-6 installed, it's CDR6 that's triggered when round tripping. I do remember there was an issue with the LUT adjustment not sticking with CDR5.

What happens when you (a) apply the LUT in CDR5 then (b) make some other minor adjustment, before going back to PDR?

It's not an issue when using CDR6, that's for sure. It's equally not an issue becasue you can apply LUTs directly in PDR16!

Cheers - Tony

Hi.

Yeah I used the "apply LUT + make an edit" approach in PD15 to workaround that issue. But that dosen't work in PD16. I think there is a defect causing this to happen after implementing the LUT feature in PD16. So I have opened a case. Let's see what happens.

For whatever it's worth.

Upgraded to CD6 and problem is gone. It's even possible to apply a LUT in CD6 without making any additional change and back to PD16 and it's still there.
Quote Hi Håkan K -

I can't test that here because, even though I have CDR 2-6 installed, it's CDR6 that's triggered when round tripping. I do remember there was an issue with the LUT adjustment not sticking with CDR5.

What happens when you (a) apply the LUT in CDR5 then (b) make some other minor adjustment, before going back to PDR?

It's not an issue when using CDR6, that's for sure. It's equally not an issue becasue you can apply LUTs directly in PDR16!

Cheers - Tony

Hi.

Yeah I used the "apply LUT + make an edit" approach in PD15 to workaround that issue. But that dosen't work in PD16. I think there is a defect causing this to happen after implementing the LUT feature in PD16. So I have opened a case. Let's see what happens.
After some further debugging I found that adding a LUT in CD will cause thus issue. So this wont work:
PD16 > CD5 > add LUT and and other adjustments > back to PD16.
Doing my first edit in PD16 after upgrade from PD15. I'm using CD5 to color grade. Now i noticed my edits in CD5 won't stick when after going from PD16 > CD5 and back. I have a "I" in the timeline on the clip but the changes from CD5aren't visible. Is this a known defect?
Thanks.
Quote I was watching someone using an overlay, 2.35:1 in this case and within that overlay he moved the clip up and down and it looked so easy. (it was not PD). So question is. How do I in ithe most easy way move my clip inside an overlay in PD?

The attached pics should show what I mean, i hope. The overlay is visible as black frames up and down in the clip. And the other guy just moved the clip inside this frame ut and down..

Found it in zoom and crop. Easy peasy to move the whole clip. Pity I can't see the overlay at the sametime though. To being able to align correctly in one go..
I was watching someone using an overlay, 2.35:1 in this case and within that overlay he moved the clip up and down and it looked so easy. (it was not PD). So question is. How do I in ithe most easy way move my clip inside an overlay in PD?

The attached pics should show what I mean, i hope. The overlay is visible as black frames up and down in the clip. And the other guy just moved the clip inside this frame ut and down..
Working as a charm!!

Again, thank yu very much!

Quote Oh, you just made my day!!

I look forward to get the preset.

Thank you very much!

Quote Hello Håkan K,

It appears that what you've been told by "those who know" is correct.

Some photo apps do have a facility that automatically corrects lens distortion on import. Naturally, it crops out part of the photo. You can see what I mean in the attached screenshots.

Even though there's no Lens Correction profile available for the P4P, I just made a lens correction preset. You can download it from here & see if it works for you.

You can replicate what I did by (shown in the attached screenshot):

1. Applying the profile for Garmin VIRB XE

2. Setting Fisheye Distortion to ~-20

PIX
Oh, you just made my day!!

I look forward to get the preset.

Thank you very much!

Quote Hello Håkan K,

It appears that what you've been told by "those who know" is correct.

Some photo apps do have a facility that automatically corrects lens distortion on import. Naturally, it crops out part of the photo. You can see what I mean in the attached screenshots.

Even though there's no Lens Correction profile available for the P4P, I just made a lens correction preset. You can download it from here & see if it works for you.

You can replicate what I did by (shown in the attached screenshot):

1. Applying the profile for Garmin VIRB XE

2. Setting Fisheye Distortion to ~-20

PIX
Ok, I uploaded the DNG file to google drive were it was corrected. So I proceed to support.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B874uuv9DCHZdGtnY3VTMC1IZUU

Quote Well, it's claimed to be corrected in other editors. I have asked people to load the original in their editors to know the result. If it's corrected I check with Cyberlink support.

Quote "those who (supposedly) know" suggested just that. I tried that first thing when I saw that horizon but it does not make any change at all. There are two DJI profiles, none of them for P4 Pro/Adv. On the other hand, the ones available for DJI did change something but absolutely not the horizon .. .. I start wonder if it's something wrong with that camera. My P4 std is generating straight horizons with the same RAW format. I think I check with DJI support.

Quote Welcome,

First, it is not OUR software. We are users like yourself. Some have more experience. Contact Cyberlink Tech service directly to get their response.

Ask "those who (supposedly) know if they have suggestions. Have you tried the built in lens adjustments?
Well, it's claimed to be corrected in other editors. I have asked people to load the original in their editors to know the result. If it's corrected I check with Cyberlink support.

Quote "those who (supposedly) know" suggested just that. I tried that first thing when I saw that horizon but it does not make any change at all. There are two DJI profiles, none of them for P4 Pro/Adv. On the other hand, the ones available for DJI did change something but absolutely not the horizon .. .. I start wonder if it's something wrong with that camera. My P4 std is generating straight horizons with the same RAW format. I think I check with DJI support.

Quote Welcome,

First, it is not OUR software. We are users like yourself. Some have more experience. Contact Cyberlink Tech service directly to get their response.

Ask "those who (supposedly) know if they have suggestions. Have you tried the built in lens adjustments?
"those who (supposedly) know" suggested just that. I tried that first thing when I saw that horizon but it does not make any change at all. There are two DJI profiles, none of them for P4 Pro/Adv. On the other hand, the ones available for DJI did change something but absolutely not the horizon .. .. I start wonder if it's something wrong with that camera. My P4 std is generating straight horizons with the same RAW format. I think I check with DJI support.

Quote Welcome,

A raw file out from the P4 adv/pro get this very bad curved horizon. According to "those who knows": "your raw software is not reading the corrections built into the dng file by the phantom."

Is it something that can be done about this? As it's now I can't use PhotoDirector 8 for my P4 pro images ....
Thanks!
Except making the audio track bigger (to make it easier with the dots) you might concider put that clip on it's own videotrack (in sync with the others) and mute that track.

Edit: added a pic to clarify.
Go to: