Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Upgrading to PowerDirector 15 Ultimate
Darcy Nascimento [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 24, 2012 15:48 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Should I uninstall previous PowerDirector versions when upgrading to PowerDirector 15 ?
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Should I uninstall previous PowerDirector versions when upgrading to PowerDirector 15 ?

If you ave a lot of space on your system drive, why?

Many of us have multiple versions on our computers because we like to answer question about functionality of various versions. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Bogdan_D [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Mar 30, 2014 12:49 Messages: 167 Offline
[Post New]
You can uninstall previous versions only if you want to.

Cyberlink products can run independently by each other, without software conflicts. So, you can have Power Director 14 and 15 installed on same computer without problems.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 11. 2017 13:06

[Post New]
My D14 got automatically uninstalled by the PD15 installer. All stuff created like projects, titles and so one was imporded back to PD15.
[Post New]
Quote Should I uninstall previous PowerDirector versions when upgrading to PowerDirector 15 ?

I just upgraded from 14 to 15 and as of now I can give you 3 reason to keep 14 around.

1- I discovered that Magic Music is no longer present if you use it.

2 - 15 does not seem to export back .PDS files back to version 14 if you share projects with other.

3 - 15 No longer exports .MOV format i.e. QuickTime (but, there is good reason for this)