Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD15 > PhotoDirector8 > PD15 > Time lapse issues....
[Post New]
Hi.

I was trying to create a time lapse using a combination of PD15 and PhotoDirector8. The latter to edit the color and make some cropping. So I import the sequenze of photos and add them to the time line. I pick the first one in the time line > enhance > PhotoDirector. In PhotoDirector I crop and add a preset + some more adjustment to the picture. I click back and get back into PD15. In PD15 I right click on the edited photo and copy keyframe attributes. I select all, it dosen't matter if I select all or just try one in the line, and paste keyframe attributes. Nothing happens. I get the warning box telling me I will paste in the kayframe, I click OK but as said. Nothing happens. The rest of the pictures are unchanged.... Is it a limitation, PD can't handle this use case or am I stupid doing something wrong?

Thanks!
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
This is mostly a guess on my part.

You should do your PhotoDirector edits to all of your photos. Then add the edited photos to the Powerdirector timeline. You would need to edit the Photos as standalone in PhotoDirector then export (save the file) to a new edited file. Import those Edited photos to Powerdirector.

I think what may be happening, Keyframes from PhotoDirector Edits do not transfer to Powerdirector. Only the keyframes that represent actions in Powerdirector will be copied and pasted.

Your keyframes were copied, then pasted, nothing happens if there are either no keyframes or there are no changes to the keyframe on the pasted photos.

You can save your edits in PhotoDirector and apply those edits in PhotoDirector to other photos. There is a method to save actions in PhotoDirector.

Presets can be saved and/or downloaded from Director Zone. In PhotoDirector help, Contents, Adjustments, 'Using Adjustment Presets". Expand the header there is more.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 06. 2017 09:53

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
Quote This is mostly a guess on my part.

You should do your PhotoDirector edits to all of your photos. Then add the edited photos to the Powerdirector timeline. You would need to edit the Photos as standalone in PhotoDirector then export (save the file) to a new edited file. Import those Edited photos to Powerdirector.

I think what may be happening, Keyframes from PhotoDirector Edits do not transfer to Powerdirector. Only the keyframes that represent actions in Powerdirector will be copied and pasted.

Your keyframes were copied, then pasted, nothing happens if there are either no keyframes or there are no changes to the keyframe on the pasted photos.

You can save your edits in PhotoDirector and apply those edits in PhotoDirector to other photos. There is a method to save actions in PhotoDirector.

Presets can be saved and/or downloaded from Director Zone. In PhotoDirector help, Contents, Adjustments, 'Using Adjustment Presets". Expand the header there is more.

Second option was spot on, thanks! Apperently the workflow to follow creating time lapse's with some editing. I made several other attempts edit directly in PD15 but the options were very limited not to say almost nonexistant.

Where in Texas are you living? Just curious as I had the oppertunity drive through parts of it at one of my US road trips. Up from Dallas and down to San Antonio and from there eastbound.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Second option was spot on, thanks! Apperently the workflow to follow creating time lapse's with some editing. I made several other attempts edit directly in PD15 but the options were very limited not to say almost nonexistant.

Where in Texas are you living? Just curious as I had the oppertunity drive through parts of it at one of my US road trips. Up from Dallas and down to San Antonio and from there eastbound.
I live in East Texas, small town of about 7500, Jasper, TX 75951. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.