Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I just want DELETE
Steverd [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 05, 2017 19:00 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
New to PowerDirector 15, I currently use Videostudio and Premeire Elements.

The first thing I notice that I DO NOT like about PowerDirector is after I clip a video and

want to delete it, I hit delete and then given three choices. I just want to hit one button: Delete and the clip is

gone, I do not need this extra step. How can I assign DEL to delete the clip, that's all I need, no questions,

I don't want to hit Ctrl+Del, just delete. Can this be done and how.

Thank you so much!

Steve
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote New to PowerDirector 15, I currently use Videostudio and Premeire Elements.

The first thing I notice that I DO NOT like about PowerDirector is after I clip a video and

want to delete it, I hit delete and then given three choices. I just want to hit one button: Delete and the clip is

gone, I do not need this extra step. How can I assign DEL to delete the clip, that's all I need, no questions,

Thank you so much!

Steve
Delete will work without question if you are deleting the last clip on the timeline. Anytime you are removing a clip in the middle or start of the timeline, PD wants to know what you want to do after the clip is removed.

1. You have three choices, remove the clip and do not move the rest of the clips on the timeline (Leave Gap).

2. Remove the clip, and move the clips on just the one track.(Fill the gap)

3. Or Remove the clip, and move all the clips on all tracks after the clip you removed. (Fill the gaps). This option will keep the rest of your timeline in sync.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 06. 2017 06:47

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
Quote New to PowerDirector 15, I currently use Videostudio and Premeire Elements.

Thank you so much!

Steve

Might be possible to achive what you want by reassigning keys: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/44408.page;jsessionid=9727C2DCDFB7429A59551BFC41652427
[Post New]
I don't think assigning another key will make any difference, the command to delete will be the same. PD is seeing which clip you want to remove and giving you the choices based on where it lies, as noted, if it's the end clip then it's programmed to simply remove that clip. Anywhere else and it wants you to make a choice, that's why the option to use Ctrl/Alt is there. If it wasn't then you are asking the devs to make the code say wherever you are in the timeline you just want it removed and left with a gap, or not, that's the dilemma. They have given you the options.
If you press Del in VS and PE it automatically closes the gap, that may not be what you want every time either. I think PD's option is a smart one based on where the clip is.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 07. 2017 20:53

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 Mainboard : Intel i7 2700k @ 3.6ghz: 12 gb DDR3 Kingston ram:
2TB WD Black HD's: Asus GTX970 4gb ram: Windows 10 Pro 64bit: