Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PDR15 v2805 beta patch now available
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Members,

A new beta patch is available, PDR15 v2805 beta patch can be downloaded from here:

Downloader link:

http://update.cyberlink.com/Retail/Patch/PowerDirector/DL/TR170405-015/CyberLink_PowerDirector_Downloader.exe

Direct download link:

http://download.cyberlink.com/ftpdload/cs/patch/PDR15/PowerDirector_2805_GM5_Patch_Patch_VDE170224-02.exe

Release notes:-

• Improves SVRT production of trimmed video.

• Improves compatibility of MPEG-4 and AVI video clips.

• Improves AMD graphics card compatibility when using OpenCL accelerated effects.

• Improves compatibility of projects from previous versions of PowerDirector.

• Fixes variable opacity when previewing in Title Designer.

• Fixes crashing after selecting “Maximize” in the Motion tab if no path is selected in PiP Designer.

• Enables keyboard input of Color Temperature and Tint.

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Apr 24. 2017 11:21

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
[Post New]
Quote Hi Members,

A new beta patch is available, PDR15 v2805 beta patch can be downloaded from here:

Downloader link:

http://update.cyberlink.com/Retail/Patch/PowerDirector/DL/TR170405-015/CyberLink_PowerDirector_Downloader.exe

Direct download link:

http://download.cyberlink.com/ftpdload/cs/patch/PDR15/PowerDirector_2805_GM5_Patch_Patch_VDE170224-02.exe

• Improves AMD graphics card compatibility when using OpenCL accelerated effects.

• Fixes crashing after selecting “Maximize” in the Motion tab if no patch is selected in PiP Designer.

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator

Will it be possible to apply the GA release ontop of this patch? I.e I can install this and then just install the GA when it arrives and don't have to reinstall anything?

Thanks
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Will it be possible to apply the GA release ontop of this patch? I.e I can install this and then just install the GA when it arrives and don't have to reinstall anything?

Yes, typically, but nothing is 100% guaranteed. They are beta and the user accepts any associated risks of the install and post effects. It's been noted before that at times these beta patches contain something that did not become part of the next GA release. In which case one can have somewhat a half breed install with some program dlls coming from a beta patch and others from a GA release or original install. There is no version control validation as part of the beta or GA packages. These unique dlls, if they would occur in a release cycle, may lead to some unique experiences vs the general population of users.

So to be safe, one either has to use imaging to recover pre beta computer condition prior to doing the GA install, or do anther full install of base package and then the GA update.

Jeff
[Post New]

Yes, typically, but nothing is 100% guaranteed. They are beta and the user accepts any associated risks of the install and post effects. It's been noted before that at times these beta patches contain something that did not become part of the next GA release. In which case one can have somewhat a half breed install with some program dlls coming from a beta patch and others from a GA release or original install. There is no version control validation as part of the beta or GA packages. These unique dlls, if they would occur in a release cycle, may lead to some unique experiences vs the general population of users.

So to be safe, one either has to use imaging to recover pre beta computer condition prior to doing the GA install, or do anther full install of base package and then the GA update.

Jeff

Thanks!
Alexmia305 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 29, 2014 01:14 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
hi what is the difference from patches relased here from the update website in cyberlink for instance

build 2509 vs V2805?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
v2805 is a beta patch so one can infer it's not met CL quality testing and it's released to those users that would like to experiment with it and provide any feedback prior to official release. Applying the beta patch may have some unintended consequences that have not been fully ironed out yet.

The update website and build 2509 is a production release improvement to PD15 that one can infer has passed all CL quality testing and is a official updated release.

Jeff
Naisu [Avatar]
Newbie Location: PH Joined: Dec 10, 2015 05:44 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Just for clarification this beta patch has the AAC audio encoding improvement in the v2702 Beta patch right?

Quote Hi Members,

Downloader link:

Direct download link:

• Fixes crashing after selecting “Maximize” in the Motion tab if no path is selected in PiP Designer.

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Just for clarification this beta patch has the AAC audio encoding improvement in the v2702 Beta patch right?

Not exactly from what I have seen, it's got a newer release of the Direct Show Filter file for the AAC audio issue compared to 2702 beta. 2702 beta had the same fix as the hotfix CL released for the issue but it appears beta 2805 got yet another fix.

Jeff
Naisu [Avatar]
Newbie Location: PH Joined: Dec 10, 2015 05:44 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Just for clarification this beta patch has the AAC audio encoding improvement in the v2702 Beta patch right?

Not exactly from what I have seen, it's got a newer release of the Direct Show Filter file for the AAC audio issue compared to 2702 beta. 2702 beta had the same fix as the hotfix CL released for the issue but it appears beta 2805 got yet another fix.

Jeff

So, it's still an overall improvement. Thanks for the heads-up Jeff!
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
PLEASE NOTE that after installation of the 2805 patch the Color Enhancement (in Fix/Enhance) does not work anymore but gives a message that this feature is not available in this version. (I have PD 15 ultimate so that should not be the issue). The advise is to upgrade.

I have re-ran the latest final patch 2509, and then the color enhancement does now work again.

I have windows 10 Creator (if that makes a difference)
Andrew - Wales, UK
Contributor Location: Wales, UK Joined: Jan 27, 2009 19:16 Messages: 545 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Moderator,

Any progress with this, or are Cyberlink going to remove hardware acceleration when creating a disc for good?

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/49917.page

Cheers,

Andrew Alienware Aurora ALX R4 - Intel i7-4820 4.2 GHz - 32GB DDR3 RAM - Crucial 512GB SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - 3TB WD Green HDD - 4TB WD Green HDD - MSI NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB

Sony HDR-PJ810 and HDR-PJ530