Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to reduce audio volume quickly
surfer10k [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 20, 2013 01:46 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
When I want to reduce the overall audio volume of a clip, I am not clicking the begin point, reducing it and then doing the same for the end point of the audio clip.

Is there a faster way to do this?

I have tried using the audio mixing room but this them places a point instead of reducing overall volume.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote When I want to reduce the overall audio volume of a clip, I am not clicking the begin point, reducing it and then doing the same for the end point of the audio clip.

I have tried using the audio mixing room but this them places a point instead of reducing overall volume.

Consider Normalize - all audio to the same level and then in the Audio Mixing Room select the horizontal slider to set the gain up or down. The gain control looks like an elongated down arrow. It moves only horizontally. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
surfer10k [Avatar]
[Post New]
That moves all audio in the total project, right? I only want the one clip

Quote When I want to reduce the overall audio volume of a clip, I am not clicking the begin point, reducing it and then doing the same for the end point of the audio clip.

Consider Normalize - all audio to the same level and then in the Audio Mixing Room select the horizontal slider to set the gain up or down. The gain control looks like an elongated down arrow. It moves only horizontally.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Yep, I misread yopur original question. How difficult is it to adjust the audio volume for one clip? Read the help files. That is pretty simple. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
surfer10k [Avatar]
[Post New]
Deleted by author

Quote Yep, I misread yopur original question. How difficult is it to adjust the audio volume for one clip? Read the help files. That is pretty simple.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 29. 2017 11:15

surfer10k [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks, I have read the help files (maybe not well enough) and the decribe th eprocess as I stated in the original qustion.

Adobe Prem Elements for example allows you to grab the audio line itself and pull it down or push it up.

Using the dots in the audio line in PD 15 is fiddly, that is why i asked the question.

Thx for your reply

Quote Yep, I misread yopur original question. How difficult is it to adjust the audio volume for one clip? Read the help files. That is pretty simple.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You are actually doing it the way required for PD15. There is no faster way.
stevek
[Post New]
You didn;t like my suggestion to get all of the clips "Normalized" and then adust them all at once?

You could do that multiple times if you have to add clips later. .
[Post New]
Except making the audio track bigger (to make it easier with the dots) you might concider put that clip on it's own videotrack (in sync with the others) and mute that track.

Edit: added a pic to clarify.
[Thumb - mute.png]
 Filename
mute.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
34 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
32 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 01. 2017 12:15