Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Sean,

Your description of the problem is rather unspecific. It might help if you could provide some screenshot or describe the problem more specifically. The effects in Title Designer appear to be working fine on my computer. It is my observation that numerous posts on this forum are about problems that could be classifed as compatibility issues. Things that can't be easily reproduced on different computers although some problems seem to be shared by many.

Regards…

Jirka
Hey:

You do need to select the multiple clips concerned. You should be able to do so by clicking on each of them while holding down the CTRL key. This is a fairly standard feature in different applications and different operating systems. You can also deselect clips one at a time this way without deselecting the others (toggle selection of one clip while not affecting selection of the others).

It should also be possible to select a row of clips all at a time by clicking on the clip at one end of the row, holding down the SHIFT key, clicking on the clip at the other end of the row, and releasing the SHIFT key. It might even work across multiple tracks. Standard feature again!

If you want to group such selected clips more permanently, use the Group/Ungroup Objects item in the contextual menu (that pops up on right clicking on the selected clips). There doesn't appear to be any indication of clips having been grouped but when you click on any of the grouped clips at any later time, all of them get selected rather than just the one clicked on.

Jeff was faster than me but let me give one additional comment: you can group/ungroup clips that don's sit next to each other on the timeline; you obviously need to use the CTRL key approach to select them if there are other clips between them…

Jirka
Well, NewBlue is the name of a company that develops video software integrated in PowerDirector as plugin modules. I have quite a lot of them, different ones being installed with each new version of PowerDirector I have had: 9 through 14. That's why I didn't mention any specific one of them since you may not have the same one.

You should have, I expect, an effect called Blur when you click on Style in the list you mention in your last but one post above. That's the one I had in mind. You can either put it on the fx track below Track 1 or drag and drop it directly in the video clip on a track. To modify properties of the effect, use the Modify button when the effect is selected on the fx track or the Effect button if it's applied on the video clip directly (yellow letter i shown on the left of such a clip). One of the properties is Mask, which allows you to adjust the size, and location of the blurred region. Two shapes are available: box and circle. Then you can adjust some other parameters but you'll see for yourself once you get to the right window…
Hi:

In principle:

Put the two input videos on different tracks, one below the other.

Open the lower one in PiP Designer (Modify button).

Adjust Opacity in Object Settings on the Properties tab on the left of the PiP Designer window…
Go to the Effect Room (F4). You will see the Style category on the left and the effects are listed alphabetically by their name…
Hi there:

There are some NewBlue effects that can be used but using and modifying the Blur effect in the Style category is probably the most straightforward way. Modifying the mask is not working on my computer though, so I can't confirm this is really a solution…
Hi Lexar,

Could you provide any screenshots to illustrate the different stages of processing the video to get a better idea? Do you have any previous versions of PowerDirector to try if the issue is specific for PowerDirector 15?

I haven't purchased PowerDirctor 15 yet being on version 14 actually. I did some challenging greenscreen keying recently and I finally embarked on using NewBlue Chroma Key in effects rather than PowerDirector's native Chroma Key feature in the PiP Designer. One way or another, the result very much depends on uniformity of the color to be turned to alpha channel (transparent area)…
Hi there:

I suppose your problem is a blank space between clips. I wouldn't call it frame(s) at all, whatever its length. If I had this problem, I would select all the clips to the right of the naughty spot, moved them (altogether) to the right a visible distance, and them moved them to the left again until they touch the clip to the left of the blank space. This snap effect to make sure no blank space is left between the touching clips takes place as indicated with a thin blank vertical line running down all the tracks on the timeline at the touching point until you release the mouse button (or move the selected clips away from this safe position, which would cause either a blank space again [if moved to the right] or a four-item menu popping up to choose what to do with overlapping clips [if moved to the left]).

By the way, it is a convention in video edtiting to show the number of frames (not milliseconds) after seconds in digital time formats. This is how Current Time is displayed below the preview window in PowerDirectors as well: hh:mm:ss:ff. The number of frames per second depends on your Timeline Frame Rate setting (General section) in Preferences (Alt-C) in PowerDirector.

Regards…

Jirka
Hi there:

I understand you need to crop your video in order to get rid of blank/black space at all sides. You can achieve this by resizing the video. Just open the PiP Designer (Modify button) and you can, as one of the ways that are available, move the width or height slider under Scale in the Object Settings on the Properties tab on the left of the window. Make sure your project uses the correct aspect ratio. PowerDirector only supports 4:3 and 16:9.

Regards…

Jirka
CyberLink should put Tony (or anybody else behind PDtoots) on their payroll…
Hi Russel:

To get all the NewBlue effects, reinstalling all the older versions of PowerDirector worked for me. Luckily, I had all the installation files and was able to find the license keys. The other things, that is transitions, backgrounds, masks, menus, particles, and probably some others, can simply be copied as files/folders (disk://Program Files/CyberLink/&hellip.

Regards…

Jirka
Well, yes. I am not exactly worried but your comment, Longedge, has made me realize it is more than likely anybody skillful or motivated enough can find the installation files already available for download in various cyberspace locations…
Hi there,

The installation files are indifferent to the user. As long as you have the licence keys, it doesn't matter where or who you get the installation files from.

You do indeed need to install the older versions of PowerDirector to have the different NewBlue effects installed. Been there, done that.

I have all the installation files for PowerDirector versions 8 through 14. Any suggestions where I could upload them for sharing with you and other unfortunate souls? (I can't say how long it would take but I have a new fast(er) internet connection setup ordered for the upcoming Friday.)…
(I never use PowerDirector voiceover recording room. I record my voice recording using Audacity. That's not important though. Just to answer your question about the level slider position in your post scriptum.) If you use the Voiceover Recording Room (which I put in the screenshot attached to my previous post), one obvious suggestion is moving the volume adjustment slider all the way up to 100% while recording your voice. Have you tried that?

Another thing you can do is: go to the Audio Mixing Room (F9) when you are done with the voiceover recording and adjust the volume in the Voice track, perhaps by using the Normalize button. You can experiment adjusting all the audio tracks to achieve the right levels, relative to each other as well as the total volume.

P.S.: As regards my seeing your Malta video on YouTube so quickly, it was only a coincidence. I just tried to find your videos using the weblink in your user profile.
Hi there,

I am not sure if I understand your problem. Is it low volume when recording audio in PowerDirector using a microphone?

(1) Are you using the voiceover recording room (see attachment: my microphone is called Mikrofon because I am on a Czech version of Windows)?

(2) Have you only changed PowerDirector 12 to PowerDirector 14? Is everything else the same?

(3) Did you face the problem when making this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go9mT66xdMg ?

Regards…

Jirka
I would normally aim at the same output format as the input format, perhaps using the SVRT feature. Also, a bigger file doesn't necessarily mean less loss of image quality. If you're motivated enough, you could just experiment producing in different formats. You may want to create a custom profile in each format to set the highest bitrate available…
Hey Joe:

Something like this: ? It's not really fading though…

Jirka
Hi:

Do you press the Intelligent SVRT button in the Produce window at all? Its dialog box that pops up suggests the options that are available on carrying it an analysis. Clicking the Apply button therein is all you need to do but also all you can do: probably not all formats can be renderred using SVRT while the possibility also depends on what effects you may have applied. I suppose that SVRT basically just copies the sections of the original footage that have not been modified as long as the input format corresponds to the output format thus avoiding to actually render them.

Optionally, you can right click in an empty part of the track in the Edit window and check the Show SVRT Track option (at the top of the menu). This is also accessible from within the above mentioned Intelligent SVRT dialog box using the Details (Edit) button…
Well, you can crop (to zoom in on specific parts) without inflating resolution…
Hey:

Thera are a bunch of title templates in my PowerDirector but none like the one in your clip. They may have cummulated from all the versions of PowerDirector I have had; I don't really know as I don't really use them. If you're motivated enough, creating a title template like that shouldn't be extremely difficult in PowerDirector. I mean, if you want to have those flare circles and shadow-like duplicity; the title itself would be just a matter of selecting a font you like while you can install additional fonts from different sources.

There is a web-based repository of users' creations provided by CyberLink called DirectorZone. It's available to registered PowerDirector users (or maybe it works for anyone, I don't know: directorzone.cyberlink.com) and you can download all kinds of templates therefrom, titles included. There seems to be over 56,000 of title templates there now. There is some filtering but you may get overwhelmed by the choice or not like anything anyway.

Creating your own title template is the most rewarding way to go, in my opinion…

Jirka
Hi Anja,

Try to click on the Tools button above the timeline…

Jirka
Go to: