Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
audio problems with voice over and file audio with PD14: too low
lunasiatica111 [Avatar]
Member Location: Swizterland Joined: Jul 23, 2014 16:04 Messages: 93 Offline
[Post New]
hi, some months ago i bought PD14, first I had PD12 and was happy with it and no problem with voice registration or audio files: all worked okay and immediately the tone of the voice was perfect.

now i am editing with PD14 a film and i decided to use the voice register, when i heard the file in the project just after spoken the sound is so low!! impossible to heard, and the voice over is okay, also they are nothing to regulare so easy to used, and with PD12 I used many times so i have to increase maximun to heard me!! it's not normal at all

this problem never happen before with PD12 so why now with 14?

I decided to register the file with sound pad recorder but it's the same when put on the editing it's always so low. I have to increase it with audio director

for me the PD14 have a problem?!

but also when the file make with voice over are increased with audio director, when i heard with audio director they are okay i heard weell, tone is good, but when make the rendering and heard at the TV (TV is new 1 yera old) the sound is okay but the registration make a wawe up and down

so someone have same problem: too low the voice on voice register? or when ad audiofile? and wawe when heard after rendering in TV?

it's semmes a joke or a mystery but if someone have an idea...

welcome!

PS we reapaired the PC as we thought the audio system was broken , I could do a project with succes (audio file, no used voice over) and jsut after having finished all start again

hope have been clear as difficult for me to explain

thanks to everybody
Jirka.Bolech
Senior Member Location: Liberec, Czech Republic Joined: Aug 16, 2014 06:03 Messages: 158 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there,

I am not sure if I understand your problem. Is it low volume when recording audio in PowerDirector using a microphone?

(1) Are you using the voiceover recording room (see attachment: my microphone is called Mikrofon because I am on a Czech version of Windows)?

(2) Have you only changed PowerDirector 12 to PowerDirector 14? Is everything else the same?

(3) Did you face the problem when making this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go9mT66xdMg ?

Regards…

Jirka
[Thumb - PowerDirector_voiceover_recording_room.jpg]
 Filename
PowerDirector_voiceover_recording_room.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
35 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
37 time(s)
lunasiatica111 [Avatar]
[Post New]
hi, it wasn't easy with my poor english to descrive the problem.

and yes low volume when I use microphone with PD14! when I used 12 never happened, it was perfect immediately.
now when I use voice over with my microphone M-audio usb producer, always used this and same PC when the capture is on the line on the editing project is so low that you can't heard it!

what I have to try hoping maybe tomorrow is to open 12 and try to register in same condition and see what's happen.
i make so many profs that can't remember if I did it or not.

and yes with this small film about Malta! how could you see it , I just uploaded and time I go to see my friend you see it, you have been surely the first!

well yes I register direct with PD14 and voice over, then to be able to heard me have to go to audio director6 and increase first +8 and then +10 and then used equalization with soft effect. soft effect added a little more increase.

tesi version you can see on youtube is not the first one I did last night: maybe because i was tired, bored and heard bad everything and wake effect. i did again out put , correct just one comment (the one after the traditional boat, by just increase the level direct on the sound line as this comment result always a little low compare the others, but after at TV the wake effect i couldn't heard it as last night.

by the fact I am not of course a good reader, but i tried to give sense to the comment and no have a monochord voice (same level)

in any case i want to change PC by making another one, i used only for editing, and must be powerful for 4K so maybe after this problem can desapear?

before that I had the same problem with my film IRAN italian version, the guy who register italian comments send me the file and always so low... it was incredible as it's different years we work together and always first time his comments are okay, I mean for the level. we were desperate, suddenly he send me file I could heard better and with soft effect better it was. (first he register with audacity and changed with garage band, we thought could be this change the problem, but surely not...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlYBSkLTXxQ French version register with audacity and upload in PD12 without problems

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzk3qYkY9Ho italian version with the problem I describe before.

i changed for PD14 because on PD12 impossible to heard the audio file in it lain he send me, so i thought it was PD12 too "old"

now you know all....

thanks for all....

PS ONE QUESTION: when you use voice over room where do you place the level? in the middle: 50 less? more? (number under the column)

Jirka.Bolech
Senior Member Location: Liberec, Czech Republic Joined: Aug 16, 2014 06:03 Messages: 158 Offline
[Post New]
(I never use PowerDirector voiceover recording room. I record my voice recording using Audacity. That's not important though. Just to answer your question about the level slider position in your post scriptum.) If you use the Voiceover Recording Room (which I put in the screenshot attached to my previous post), one obvious suggestion is moving the volume adjustment slider all the way up to 100% while recording your voice. Have you tried that?

Another thing you can do is: go to the Audio Mixing Room (F9) when you are done with the voiceover recording and adjust the volume in the Voice track, perhaps by using the Normalize button. You can experiment adjusting all the audio tracks to achieve the right levels, relative to each other as well as the total volume.

P.S.: As regards my seeing your Malta video on YouTube so quickly, it was only a coincidence. I just tried to find your videos using the weblink in your user profile.
lunasiatica111 [Avatar]
[Post New]
yes i used the moving level, it was just in case i did or didn't do...

but you when you use audacity and then upload the voice in your ending project it's okay with the level immediately? or also in audacity you have to increase your voice?

i used audacity once but honest like so much because at the beginning there is always a small noise, i mean you heard your breathe and impossible to cut it! in my version of Iran, the only time I used audacity I tried to hidden this defect under the music, it's okay fro all comments except 2 or 3 . by the fact this film has been chosen by traveller festival in paris at 1+2 october!

and editing room never used it as i always forgot this exist! but can try of course next time if again problems!

hope not

thanks for all
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
There is a playback volume adjustment below the preview window. Make sure that is on full volume!

P.S. Your videos are fantastic!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 10. 2016 17:47

Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
lunasiatica111 [Avatar]
[Post New]
hi, i never seen that??!! can you maybe take a photo? I am not home and will be back only tomorrow to try to see this window /adjument paly back

thnaks so much
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
It's the small speaker symbol below the preview window. Click on it to adjust the playback volume. (I have to leave now and I can't remember how to include a photo). If you don't find it, I'll try to post a photo later. Regards,
Dan
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
(10 core, 20M Cache),
lunasiatica111 [Avatar]
[Post New]
okay!
will see that as soon as possible

keep in touch

have nice day, here it's time to go to sleep!
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 09. 2016 03:14

lunasiatica111 [Avatar]
[Post New]
hi everybody

surely need to control my eyes but I am not able to see the famous small speaker symbol you talk about Dan and Longedge.

if you see the photo posted by Jirka Bolesh at the beginning of this topic (couldn't also understand how to post a photo here!!) I have exactly the same view when I open PD14 and want to use voice over

so... if someone show me where is this famous symbol... maybe can understand better and why not find the solution?

thanks so much
lunasiatica111 [Avatar]
[Post New]
to Richmond Dan

thanks for your comment about my videos!!

i am glad if you liked them even maybe difficult to understand the comments as French or and Italian

lunasiatica111 [Avatar]
[Post New]
hi!

just now got an idea:
1. open PD12
2. upload a photo
3. open voice over
4. use same microphone (the only i have) with same PC!
5. register my voice
6. listen and...
7. the voice is hight and good as must be

so this means my PD14 have a bug o anything else with voice over????

I think so...

PS never touch /change... something in voice over in PD12 since I have it

START just after to do same with PD14... and sure nobody can or will beleive it.... but my voice is okay : hight same as PD12!!!!!!

I can't understand because I changed nothing, do nothing different...in PD14

the only difference I can see is about the line of the registration:

when the caputure of voice over end on PD14 the line don't show the spectral of the voice I mean a line who make up and down according the words you pronunce (graphic line) , it's a big line where you only can only guess the pause between words, so impossible or with real difficuties to regulate a word by example, as it's impossible to distingused something in the line . it's so difficult to explain sorry!

with PD12 for voice over (or audio file register by ex with audacity.).. you have a graphic spectral line

that means something is not really well working with voice over in my PD14?

pity I have no idea how to upload video in this forum as I could send you the 2 proff I make with voice over with 12+14

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 11. 2016 04:53

Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 09. 2016 03:14

lunasiatica111 [Avatar]
[Post New]
okay thanks for the hint to attachement
Richmond Dan
[Post New]
Here is the preview volume control:
[Thumb - PD14 preview volume control.JPG]
 Filename
PD14 preview volume control.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
51 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
28 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 11. 2016 08:24

Regards,
Dan
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
(10 core, 20M Cache),
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 09. 2016 02:45

lunasiatica111 [Avatar]
[Post New]
thanks Dan, never think could be this symbol as only think it was inside or below the window of voice over!!!
now not at home to control it

but this morning when I did the 2 proofs i touch nothing and in any case I never touch for sure this micro symbol.... so what to think... maybe as Longedge the problem is the sound card as I thought it could be at the begining of the problem...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 11. 2016 14:53

lunasiatica111 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Longedge,

now not at home to wrote you about my audio card.

at the begining indeed I thought could be this and ask to reparator to see and clean or repair the PC explaning about the problem of the audio.
also bewcause when by example usng sound recorder voice i couldn't heard me in the PC

then after the cleaning i could heard also on PD but low and ahve to increase in any case

now as told before after the proof of this morning seems the sound okay... hope for ever?!

but when I used PD2 more than 3 years always same sound card and never problem! of course maybe getting older as now after 2 years all is old!!!!

Always when I used voice recorder I shut down all traks as really impossible to register when you heard the music or noice, you can't be concentrated at all!

now I decided in any case to improve my PC who si usde only for editing because need to have more momory especially if we uses 4K, so will ask also for sound card...

keep on touch
lunasiatica111 [Avatar]
[Post New]
hi Longedge

sound card NVIDIA VIRTUAL AUDIO DEVICE

(wawe extensible) (WDM)

i hope I look in the right place!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 12. 2016 12:58