Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
A way to get all of the premium FX from previous installs
Russell1967
Senior Member Location: Kissimmee, Fl USA Joined: Aug 10, 2013 23:35 Messages: 165 Offline
[Post New]
Well, a few months ago I had to reinstall Windows 7 Professional. Since, at the time, the most current version of PD that I had was PD 13, that was the version that I re-installed, before upgrading to PD 14.

I started using PD at version 11, I believe, and have updated to every new version through 14. In order to have all of the various plugins and FX from those previous versions (which I assume are still compatible with PD 14), do I need to uninstall PD 14, then re-install 11, then 12, then 13 and then 14? I went to the software update page and they are not listed there.

It's not a huge big deal, but it would kind of be nice to have "everything".

Russell1967 System specs: Windows 7 Professional x64; Gigabyte Z77-DS3H motherboard with i5-3579K 3.8Ghz processor with 32GB RAM; Zotac GTX 760 w/4GB; 1xWestern Digital 1TB 10,000RPM HD; 1x Samsung 840 Pro SSD System Drive
Jirka.Bolech
Senior Member Location: Liberec, Czech Republic Joined: Aug 16, 2014 06:03 Messages: 158 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Russel:

To get all the NewBlue effects, reinstalling all the older versions of PowerDirector worked for me. Luckily, I had all the installation files and was able to find the license keys. The other things, that is transitions, backgrounds, masks, menus, particles, and probably some others, can simply be copied as files/folders (disk://Program Files/CyberLink/&hellip.

Regards…

Jirka
Russell1967
Senior Member Location: Kissimmee, Fl USA Joined: Aug 10, 2013 23:35 Messages: 165 Offline
[Post New]
Ok, cool. I can't really copy folders over because I don't have those earlier versions installed on my PC. Maybe some day when I have a few hours to kill, I'll just start with PD11 and re-install everything up to PD14 from there.

It would be cool if I could just log into my Cyberlink account and just re-download those FX packages, though.

Russell1967 System specs: Windows 7 Professional x64; Gigabyte Z77-DS3H motherboard with i5-3579K 3.8Ghz processor with 32GB RAM; Zotac GTX 760 w/4GB; 1xWestern Digital 1TB 10,000RPM HD; 1x Samsung 840 Pro SSD System Drive
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Ok, cool. I can't really copy folders over because I don't have those earlier versions installed on my PC. Maybe some day when I have a few hours to kill, I'll just start with PD11 and re-install everything up to PD14 from there.

It would be cool if I could just log into my Cyberlink account and just re-download those FX packages, though.

Russell1967

Probably not even that simple. Certain installs/upgrades remove features of previous versions so just doing all PD installs in order will not work with all NewBlue FX. CL acknowledged that here, http://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=18601&prodId=4&prodVerId=-1&CategoryId=-1&keyword=newblue and with other versions too.

A simpler approach for end users was put in the suggestion pile for PD14 but did not make the feature list in 14 or 15. http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/75/40351.page#221090 The list I provided there helps identify what version you might need to reload to get the missing FX after a install/upgrade.

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 16. 2016 15:55

Russell1967
[Post New]
Thanks! This caught my eye, though:

"If you want to keep using the NewBlue Essentials effects that came with PowerDirector 11, you must reinstall PowerDirector 11. They will then be available in PowerDirector 14."

So if you reinstall PD 11 AFTER installing PD 14 (or whatever version), then according to them they should be available. I will try this.