Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Removal of the Empty Black Frames
[Post New]
I had several black frames (as confirmed in Story Board View) in between clips and was able to finally detect and delete all but one of them while in Timeline View. I didn't have any options for the black frames in Story Board View. The troublesome one was just 3 microseconds in duration and I never saw it no matter how I stretched out the timeline. So . . .

I changed the duration of the clip to the left of the empty black frame by adding the 3 microseconds to it. The little black frame vanished! After that, I readjusted that clip back to 00:00:04:00 seconds - mostly because I am picky!

wink SO HAPPY when I'm rocking right along with the software. SO FRUSTRATED when I can't find the answers but ON CLOUD 9 when I do!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
1/60 sec.=16.67 milliseconds. You possibly mean 3 frames or 50 milliseconds.
[Post New]
The reason I referred to the duration to be 3 microseconds (and I guess I should have said "milliseconds!) is because Customer Support gave me this information, and I quote:

"The format of duration is hh:mm:ss:ms."

Well, now I am confused. I guess this is something I need to do some research on. Thank you. SO HAPPY when I'm rocking right along with the software. SO FRUSTRATED when I can't find the answers but ON CLOUD 9 when I do!
Jirka.Bolech
Senior Member Location: Liberec, Czech Republic Joined: Aug 16, 2014 06:03 Messages: 158 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there:

I suppose your problem is a blank space between clips. I wouldn't call it frame(s) at all, whatever its length. If I had this problem, I would select all the clips to the right of the naughty spot, moved them (altogether) to the right a visible distance, and them moved them to the left again until they touch the clip to the left of the blank space. This snap effect to make sure no blank space is left between the touching clips takes place as indicated with a thin blank vertical line running down all the tracks on the timeline at the touching point until you release the mouse button (or move the selected clips away from this safe position, which would cause either a blank space again [if moved to the right] or a four-item menu popping up to choose what to do with overlapping clips [if moved to the left]).

By the way, it is a convention in video edtiting to show the number of frames (not milliseconds) after seconds in digital time formats. This is how Current Time is displayed below the preview window in PowerDirectors as well: hh:mm:ss:ff. The number of frames per second depends on your Timeline Frame Rate setting (General section) in Preferences (Alt-C) in PowerDirector.

Regards…

Jirka

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Sep 23. 2016 03:39

Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Nov 08. 2016 11:24