Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Pretty much everything seems faster but most noticeable for me is:

Loading discs
Scanning library
From further experimentation I've found that 3D bluray disc folder structures created by DVDFab 9 do not work. So I tried Redfox AnyDVD HD and they do work!
For me it was worth it because:

1) It's faster.
2) The new TV mode in 16 is a great improvement on the Cinema mode in 15.
3) Audio delay set in Classic mode seems to take effect in TV mode. I wonder if any other and possibly all the settings you can set in Classic mode that aren't available in TV mode actually take effect in TV mode.
It happened again with another new 3D disc. I think the problem is a little different than I first thought. PowerDVD fails when it tries to display the Bluray Menu with the error "Cyberlink PowerDVD could not read a file on this disc. Playback will stop.". My other software players only attempt to play the movie (with success) and they do not attempt to display the Bluray Menu.
Yes, the same folder structure plays with JRiver Media Center. I will try another disc and report back.
Quote: Hi stewart_pk,
Can you explain more? on my side I cannot reproduce this.
Kind regards
Hicham

I rip a 3D bluray with DVDFab to a folder structure and the movie does not work properly in PowerDVD 15 and 16. Some parts of menus do work but never the actual movie itself. Ripping the same 3D bluray again with DVDFab to an ISO file and it plays perfectly in PowerDVD 15 and 16.
Quote: On bug five, there is no longer PDVD15 as it was uninstalled as part of the PDVD16 upgrade. What is left, is cruft, unwanted artefacts that did not install correctly. Windows 10 knows that PDVD15 is no longer installed so when a user tries to click on the open with PDVD15 command verb right mouse click option, Windows 10 goes into the select which application to run this file process because PDVD15 is no longer installed.

Yep I had to painfully remove all over those PowerDVD 15 registry entries.
They don't work but ISO files of 3D movies do. The problem has been around for a while; at least since PowerDVD 15. Anyone else notice this?
Do you have Redfox AnyDVD HD or DVDFab Passkey running?
Quote: I have recently purchased powerdvd and I am just curious if it auto adjusts refresh rate to 24Hz because I cant seem to make it work, it does auto adjust to 50hz but not to 24 is this normal behavior?

Yes it does for 2D and 3D. Are you sure you aren't testing with 50Hz content on the bluray disc? Discs such as these are rare but they do exist. Of course the vast majority are 23.976Hz but PowerDVD switches to 24Hz. It should prompt you asking if you want to switch when detected. If not try resetting the first time prompts and there is a Reset button in the General settings section to do this.
Quote: Any suggestions on how I get this driver properly installed to hopefully solve my ISO problem?

Uninstall.

Delete all remaining Cyberlink and PowerDVD files and folders.

Remove all Cyberlink and PowerDVD registry entries.

Restart.

Install.
Quote: Not sure how to import an ISO file (adding a video folder does not capture it), but right clicking the file and selecting "Play with Cyberlink PowerDVD 16" yields the same results as the command line.

Hmmm, if my memory serves me correctly of version 15 by importing the folder of the ISO file it should be detected and added to the library.
Quote: It seems like the Version 16 Ultra installer does not install this device driver.

I'll check mine later and see if it works. Have you tried importing an ISO file into the library and playing it from within PowerDVD as opposed to sending PowerDVD a command line argument?
I managed to change it to a negative number.
I found that uninstalling version 15 did not remove the Cyberlink Virtual ROM device from Device Manager. If you show Hidden Devices in Device Manager you should find it there and if so delete it and re-install version 16.
DSD files downloaded from the internet.
Quote: Stevek, 3D is not part of the UHD-BD specification, so they can't be 3D. tongue-out

It might not be part of the specification but from what I understand there's nothing to stop them from putting it on them ableit at 1018p.
How many speakers do you have your sound device configured for in Windows playback devices? If it's only 2 then try it with 5.1 or 7.1.
You could uninstall it and install it again and it might work.
I know what you mean. It asks you if you want to turn the feature on when you seemingly playback something that isn't the same rate as your desktop for the first time. If you say YES or NO it appears to be your only chance because after that the setting can't be found anywhere. But it's most likely in the registry or a config file somewhere.
Quote: Many bluray drives wont be able to do the bitrates for it. Just doing simple maths should have answered your own question. With 128 Mbps in the spec for UHD bluray, many readers on the market now simply cant keep pace. Thats 16 mega bytes per second read. Then add ontop everything else it has to get data for in real time. My current drive struggles to do 7 MB a second sustained.

Hi, I've noticed my external-powered USB 3.0 bluray drive pumping out 30 megabytes per second plus while ripping so it will be interesting to see if it's up to the task in the future.
Go to: