Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Did you ever resolve this issue? I have a large 3D Blu-ray collection & find this an issue mainly with Warner Bros titles like Gravity. I use PowerDVD 14 with up to date patches.

Yes, read a few posts back.
I think PowerDVD and pretty much all video software doesn't actually "see" the Pixel Format setting of the AMD drivers.

This setting dictates what the AMD hardware should output to at the final stage(s).

This probably doesn't help you but whatever software you use, you should pay attention to this setting.

I've calibrated using some test clips from AVS with madVR which I'm led to believe expands all 16-235 colour space to 0-255 for processing. So to avoid another conversion by the AMD hardware or software I have the Pixel Format set to 0-255. 0-255 is best for a PC desktop anyway.

If I get some spare time I might try my Disney Calibration bluray disc and PowerDVD but I'm unsure at this stage what AMD Pixel Format setting is best.
Quote If you set your desktop to RGB FULL, doesn't this fix the problem?

Thanks but may I ask what you mean "exactly" by setting the "desktop" to full RGB?

In Crimson, the only option is to set the "pixel format" to either full or limited RGB... Which PDVD doesn't seem to take into account as it has no effect on the blacks or whites... they both still get clipped.

Yes that's the option I was referring to.

Are you trying to calibrate from 0-255 (Full) instead of 16-235 (Limited)?

If so I have to ask why? Pretty much all video is in the 16-235 range.

What are you using to calibrate with?
If you set your desktop to RGB FULL, doesn't this fix the problem?
Perhaps the third party software Redfox AnyDVD HD might help.
I rip blurays to BD folder with Redfox AnyDVD HD and have the latest AMD video drivers installed and have never seen this problem.
I can confirm that the new 16.12.1 drivers fix this issue for me.

I am yet to try the even newer 16.12.2 drivers but will soon.
Quote: Hi stewart_pk,

Have you tried the new build 2011?
I would therefore send the files the support asked for.

Greetings
Hicham

Yes I have tried build 2011 and the problem remains.
Quote: Hi Stewart_pk,
Can I know your ticket number?
greetings
Hicham

Hi Hicham, here it is: CS001647334
Yeah and they asked a bunch of questions that I'm yet to respond to. Support needs to contact the software developers as it's seemingly something that needs software changes not "support" to fix.
I believe this is the same problem as described here:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/49293.page
Hi, I tried this and it did not have any positive effect at all. Just to be clear and this seems strange but after installing the 16.7.3 drivers PowerDVD Build 1907 actually works correctly, for a while. But then you suddenly start getting blank/black screens and the only way to stop it is to revert to the previous version of the AMD drivers which is 16.3.2.
Using the latest drivers from AMD ATI version 16.7.3 and using the latest version of Power DVD 16 Build: 1907 I get a blank/black screen when playing bluray.

Below is a link to the latest 16.7.3 drivers which cause the issue:http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+10+-+64
Quote: Hi,

You may contact our Support Team:

http://de.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp

Best regards
Hicham

May I contact them in English seeing as though I don't speak or write German?
I get the same thing.
Well I got told by DVDFab Support to do anything from burning it to a disc and re-ripping it to creating an ISO. Both of which I was trying to avoid so Redfox AnyDVD HD is looking even more attractive.
Quote: Hi,
I just took a look of the DVDFab and indeed there's an issue from DVDFab, the ripped folder doesn't contain the SSIF streams which is very crucial for BD3D to playback.
Maybe you can contact DVDFab as a customer (well if you bought it I assumed) to tell them this problem.

Cheers.

Thanks for your reply. I will contact DVDFab support and report back here the outcome.
Quote:
I do not have an experience with those softwares.

What software have you used rip a 3D bluray to a folder structure that works with PowerDVD 16?
Quote: Hi stewart_pk,
I guess something is wrong with the folder structure. Have you tried to play it with another software?
Cheers
Hicham

So what do you reckon, PowerDVD 16 is at fault?
Pretty much everything seems faster but most noticeable for me is:

Loading discs
Scanning library
Go to: