Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: Many bluray drives wont be able to do the bitrates for it. Just doing simple maths should have answered your own question. With 128 Mbps in the spec for UHD bluray, many readers on the market now simply cant keep pace. Thats 16 mega bytes per second read. Then add ontop everything else it has to get data for in real time. My current drive struggles to do 7 MB a second sustained.

Hi, I've noticed my external-powered USB 3.0 bluray drive pumping out 30 megabytes per second plus while ripping so it will be interesting to see if it's up to the task in the future.
I sometimes get this issue. From memory logging off Windows and logging back on again fixes the problem.
Turn off as many "enhancements" as you can such as the Truetheater ones.
I can't think of anything else other than contacting technical support.
Try disabling all TrueTheater Enhancements and if that doesn't work try disabling Hardware Acceleration.
Also do you think your display drivers have changed since the last time you used it? Have you installed the latest patch version of Power DVD?
Try disabling all Trutheater Enhancements and if that doesn't work try disabling Hardware Acceleration.
Have a think about what settings you've changed lately.
Quote: No more news from tech support so I guess that's it...

I would have bet considerable money that was going to be the case.
Quote:
3D bluray sorta works, after allot of hassle with nvidia drivers and using microsoft windows 10 insider builds, with remaining bugs.

It seems generally that AMD ATI video cards give much less grief in this regard.

Cheers.
Quote: Mate it depends what you want to do with it. For example if someone wants to play high frame rate 4K content (like me) than its a GTX 950 at minimum and a GTX 960 at most. Theyre the GPUs that have the right version of nvidia pure video in their graphics video engine hardware to do full hardware decoding.

Sure, but I don't think the OP has the same requirements as you (a non typical power user of PDVD)
Quote: When they say 4K, when they say Bluray 3D...

They've said 4K, they said 3D, but have they ever said them together?

I've always taken 4K playback to mean 2D in the context I've read them in regarding PDVD.

Even the new UHD bluray disc will still only support 1080P 3D I believe.
Quote: but as I say, there's no real alternative for working full menu blurau playback and 3D bluray on a windows PC.

You don't need to keep telling me as it's the reason I've been using it for years.
Well I play 3D bluray with a second hand silent HTPC that cost me $600 AUS and an ATI 6450 video card that cost me $50 AUS. You don't need to spend what you have to get his thing to work.
I think so, have you tried the trial version?
Fair enough, but the cost of a modern PC system is very cheap and might be worth saving many of hours of tinkering that may lead to nowhere.
Honestly out of all those listed not one affects me. I never use PDVD for 2D playback. There are better alternatives for that.

I only use it for 3D playback of Bluray and Bluray ISO's at 1080P rather than 4K. Is their any point as there is no 3D 4K content I would have thought? Can't you just switch your desktop to 1080P and then let your 4K display or projector upscale it?
Quote: I'll be happy when/if PDVD15 is finally patched to remove my outstanding bugs.

Just out of interest what are they?
It sounds like good advice, but you're saying that his issues may be caused by stress to the video card but accelerating 3D shouldn't be stressing it anyway
I run with hardware acceleration turned off with a 3 year old I3 3220 processor from 2012 and it plays smoothly with no stutter. I think it's a little faster than your CPU. Perhaps a computer upgrade of some sort is in order.
I deleted previous Cyberlink devices, not disabled. And left the latest installed Cyberlink devices alone.
Go to: