Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
.ISO file support not working in Ultra Version 16?
sbondi65 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 02, 2014 00:04 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,

Just upgraded to PowerDVD Ultra Version 16, and the .ISO file support no longer seems to be working Is this a known bug being worked on?

I use a command line like:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD16\PDVDLP.exe" "\\10.0.0.23\Media-HD\Videos\Discs\3d_disc.iso"

And I just end up with the TV mode default screen with a "Play" button that does nothing (actually most of the time it does not even bring up a "Play" button, but rather defaults to the "TV Mode" ribbon). Version 15 would automatically load the .ISO file and automatically start playing. Also note, that this syntax works fine for Version 16 for a network Blu-ray folder (as opposed to an ISO file) - that is, it automatically plays the Blu-ray.

Please help,

Steve

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 17. 2016 23:23

eaglenv [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 06, 2010 02:34 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Same problem here...was able to play some iso's but most DO NOT work. Never had this issue with 15.
sbondi65 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Has not worked for any of my ISO's yet, so I was just thinking that they had not gotten to implementing .ISO support in Version 16 (like you, I had no problems in 15). But if it works sometimes for you, I am baffled what the problem is
stewart_pk [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 10, 2014 06:36 Messages: 130 Offline
[Post New]
I found that uninstalling version 15 did not remove the Cyberlink Virtual ROM device from Device Manager. If you show Hidden Devices in Device Manager you should find it there and if so delete it and re-install version 16.
sbondi65 [Avatar]
[Post New]
As you suggested, there sure were a few copies of the Cyberlink Virtual service under Devide Manager, but after I unstalled all of them, and then reinstalled Version 16 (and it uninstalled the current 16 first), the problem persists and now there are NO Cyberlink Virtual services under Device Manager. It seems like the Version 16 Ultra installer does not install this device driver.
stewart_pk [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: It seems like the Version 16 Ultra installer does not install this device driver.

I'll check mine later and see if it works. Have you tried importing an ISO file into the library and playing it from within PowerDVD as opposed to sending PowerDVD a command line argument?
sbondi65 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Not sure how to import an ISO file (adding a video folder does not capture it), but right clicking the file and selecting "Play with Cyberlink PowerDVD 16" yields the same results as the command line.
stewart_pk [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Not sure how to import an ISO file (adding a video folder does not capture it), but right clicking the file and selecting "Play with Cyberlink PowerDVD 16" yields the same results as the command line.

Hmmm, if my memory serves me correctly of version 15 by importing the folder of the ISO file it should be detected and added to the library.
eaglenv [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Has not worked for any of my ISO's yet, so I was just thinking that they had not gotten to implementing .ISO support in Version 16 (like you, I had no problems in 15). But if it works sometimes for you, I am baffled what the problem is

Yep....7 movies have worked. The Last Witch Hunter, Maze Runner (both), Jurassic World, The Martian, MockingJay 2 and Minions...all others that I have tried (probably 20 in total) have failed.
sbondi65 [Avatar]
[Post New]
From the "CyberLink Virtual driver" suggestion, best I can figure is that Version 15 did not uninstall the driver properly, and Version 16 is unable to install the driver properly. After manually uninstalling the driver via Device Manager as suggested, I no longer have the "Cyberlink Virtual ..." hidden device under Device Manager ("DVD/CD-ROM drives" section), and after many uninstall/reinstalls it does not come back. I even tried reinstalling legacy hardware manually ("CyberLink PowerDVD Virtual CDROM Bus Enumerator"?) via Device Manager to no avail.

Any suggestions on how I get this driver properly installed to hopefully solve my ISO problem?
stewart_pk [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Any suggestions on how I get this driver properly installed to hopefully solve my ISO problem?

Uninstall.

Delete all remaining Cyberlink and PowerDVD files and folders.

Remove all Cyberlink and PowerDVD registry entries.

Restart.

Install.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 20. 2016 01:59

eaglenv [Avatar]
[Post New]
So I figured it out. Seems to be a issue with the Cyberlink Virtual Drive Driver. This is what I did to fix my .iso issue. 1st I deleted the Cyberlink Virtual Drive and its software in the device manager under system devices. I rebooted and installed Virtual Clone Drive from Elaborate Bytes (RedFox) then rebooted. If I mount my .iso's with Virtual Clone Drive.... all iso's work flawlessly. Hope this helps.

NOTE: I had to delete Cyberlinks Virtual Drive before Virtual Clone Drive worked.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 21. 2016 15:25

sbondi65 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks, that would be my "worst case" plan, since that was the less clean way I had my Videos Portal app interface with PowerDVD before PowerDVD had ISO support.

FYI, I had already tried the "full" uninstall approach with no improvement, but in that try, I was unable to delete 2-3 keys in the registry that were tied to the Cyberlink virtual driver. So I am going to retry the full uninstall approach, ensuring all keys are deleted (hopefully using the "Run as System" app or something will let me delete those problematic keys
sbondi65 [Avatar]
[Post New]
After many tests, here is what I learned:

1. "TV Mode" currently masks prompts:
- Initial prompt to install virtual driver
- Prompt that ISO load failed

2. The CyberLink virtual driver has issues working with Version 16 (reacts differently for different ISO files) - when I uninstall Version 16 and reinstall Version 15, the Cyberlink driver works fine (although it looks weird with Version 15 in Device Manager with 2 visible occcurences and 1 hidden)

3. The CyberLink virtual driver is much slower than the VirtualCloneDrive and the built in Windows virtual driver - CyberLink should just use the built-in Windows 10 driver when applicable - it is much faster

I will wait for a release with improved ISO support. Until then, I reverted back to my scripting with VirtualCloneDrive.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 22. 2016 16:30

bor [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 23, 2016 19:03 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Windows 10x64
Powerdvd 16 ultra
As on the home network without use of hdmi of a cable to look from the PC on the TV set
the movie mounted in the virtual Ray 3D Blu drive in an ISO format
Thanks