Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Try running PD13 ""as administrator" even if your user has administrator priveldges.

or try running PD13 as a different user

or make a new user and run PD.

Might be worth a try ?

Rgds

UK 19:20 17 Mar 15
Summat a bit like this ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Eci_xM4Hsk

Rgds
The best I can come up with is to Ctrl-Click each fade, store to clip board and set the duration to what you want.

Rgds
Ref no 2.

You are not alone with Magic music problem.

If you can get your hands on a copy of Sonic Fire, you can produce Smart sound as mp3 or wavs.

But you probably knew that ;

Rgds
A random thought, and may be an idea.

Could you use a high definition web cam, and import straight into PD thus cutting out the DV camera ?

Rgds

Unless I am way off beam, You can produce a rendered file and import it, or save the clips as a pds file, and import that .
Rgds

I have a copy of PD13 on my home computer (apply named Big-Vid !). I was wondering, can I get another licence for a copy on a laptop or do I have to purchase another fully (and expensive ? copy)

I have Motorhome (Camper / RV /Campingcar, depending where in the world you guys are) and it would useful to download video as temp backup to a laptop. It occured to me that I could do some preliminary editing on the hoof so as to speak.

Rgds

Only to add;

M2TS Files are produced by Panasonic Video footage from most of the "Pany" Range. (Maybe Sony video as well ?)

If you produce M2TS files using SVRT and Panasonic video cameras. PD will cut down the processing time by not renering the file, but copying the frames. (but I could be corrected here ?)

Rgds

Now have a Plan B

Decide length of slideshow and make / produce an audio file of the required time.

Use the audio file in the slideshow wizard, which will be made to the correct timig

If you do not want the audio track, either reduce it to zero, or split the video / audio track and delete the audio.

Rgds
Quote: They sent me a set of links to the software but it was identical to that on the CD. Uninstalled, reinstalled then applied patch. Same error.

Cyberlink sent me link with the patch applied. PD 13.2064. So I ddi not have to re patch.

Rgds
There was a response to my ticket within 24 hrs with links to new software and content packs.

Followed advice, basically uninstall and reinstal downloaded software, and all seems to be running as it should.

Good response from the techies @ Cyberlink

Rgds
Quote: The update is complete if you ignore the message, or stop the installation with error?

In my case the patch upgrade runs oK but comes up with a message ""Unable to install patch update, your system must have a non trial version of PD13, Installation will abort , contact Customer service."

Although the phrasing of "must have a non trial version" could be read either way ;

Rgds

For the record I have the identical problem with PD13 Ultimate purchased last week, boxed direct from Cyberlink Site.

Logged a ticket for the problem,

Is this a more frequent problem, but not yet reported on the forum ?

Rgds
Hi,

Many thanks, that is a useful tip.

Just for the record, I tested 6 images, each of 5 seconds duration, giving a 30 second clip.

I found that depending on which slideshow I used, the 30 seconds was shortened. On average, to 25 seconds and on one slideshow to 17 seconds.

Using your suggestion, its a an easy way to extend the image display times.

Thx & Rgds
Many thanks

That is what I thought, I was hoping there might be lazy alternative. ;

Another suggestion for the Cyberlink Box

Rgds
Is there any way that the length of time an image displayed in Slideshow be changed ?

I would like to increase the time the images are displayed before dissolving to another image or view.

Thx
FWIWorth I produce in MT2S files as it suits all my Panasonic HD gear and TV output.

To make backup copies of my produced files, I load them into PD on the timeline and burn the copy from there.

I used to make AVCHD DVDs (needing a file structure) but by chance I found that my TV would read native MT2S files straight from the DVD.

I produce a file which I copy to a memory card / stick and view it on the TV, If all the editing is OK, I make a file copy on the HDisk then use the copy on the timeline to burn a disc on PD, seems no slower than trying to make duplicates by other burning methods.

Rgds

16:12 UK / GMT
Just a suggestion but have you tried installing by running as administrator and / or running PD13 as administrator ?

Aithough my user has admin rights, Win7 fails to run some bits of sofware, I have to run them as administrator.

Some hang as your description of PD13, does, some fail to open photos.

Win7 seems very fussy about who owns what and the access privilages that are needed.

When I posted my problems on the Forum, I was advised to make another user with admin rights and see if the problems were resoolved. To some extent they were, but I still have to change the exe files on some to run as administrator.

Rgds

PS I have also found the hard way that SSD drives have a problem sometimes with setting restore points in Win7. They seem to want to do there own thing, and the PC comes to fast braking halt. It maybe worth trying by switching off the Win7 Restore widget / thingy and see what happens ?

There is advice on the web regardind SSDs and the problems with the Win7 Trim command and restore points.

Rgds

PS I leave this message at 21:15 UK Time , not wot the forum clock says !

Rgds
Hi,
You are correct about the user profile, I created a new profile as standard user and using it, all worked as it should.

I changed the original profile from administrator to standard and problem remained, changed it back to Adminstrator and PD12 was working with the "bad" files.

I now find that Wave editor has a problem, (solved by running as Administrator). Ir would seem that somehow that file permissions have changed.

Only "bad" thing I have done is load Office XP on Win 7, I should know better !

Thanks
FWIWorth I always copy the source files into a separate folder and use those files,. Any Mishaps do not affect the original files.

Also if video recording by date, I use subfolders with dates that match the folders on the import media section of PD12.

Might help someone !

Rgds
After getting the black screen of death, I searched for a number of days on the web, chasing registry entries, new codacs and re-installing PD12. The problem suddenly occurred after a year or so of editing .mts files with no problem (Source error 2)

Solution.

For some reason the admin rights on my PC have changed. Although my user account has admin rights, when I run PD12 as administrator everything seems to work OK. There is a difference between having admin rights and being an administrator (See Win 7 sites)

This problem has also affected other programs on my PC. Why the programs ran OK for a year until now then decided they need to run as administrator, I do not know.

You can set programs to run as administrator see http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ff431742.aspx

Hope this hint helps someone

Rgds

Win7 Home
Go to: