Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Just a few editing, production and disc creation thoughts that may save you time
Cowman12 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 11, 2015 13:32 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I just finished another round of troubleshooting my video project.

Project: To edit video clips with audio and pop up (PiP), transition, FX, background music, and finish as a BD-R movie.

I'm on PD13 build 2604, latest update as of this post. Windows 8.1 i5@2.5GHz with 6 GB ram.

Pointers:
1. Keep the preview quality in editing at normal quality most of the time and that can give you a much quicker preview of transition or effect. If you do need to preview in detail, go ahead and put it at HD. Once you're done checking your preview, switch back to Normal and continue your work.
2. Be careful with the Magic Music track. It seems that if you move the audio clip off the track by mistake, that will freeze your project. It's been happening consistently for me. I prefer to just bring in my own audio clip/music and put it in one of the many audio tracks.
3. A more powerful pc will definitely have less "program not responding" pause, but PD almost always will come back, it's just nuisance and added editing time.
4. PD display is not perfect at all in the timeline. Some editing will make the audio and video tracks seem to be out of sync visually, but it is actually not so. If you restart the program and open your project, it is actually fine. Sometimes there are preview glitches, once you save the file and restart PD, it will be fine.
5. Produce function seems to be solid, at least for mp4 1920x1080 30f
6. Create Disc seems to have more problem, in particularly with disc menu and that's where I get the most freezes and sometimes need to force shut down the system to reboot.
Solution: Start a new project with nothing, just go directly to Create Disc menu, let the built-in and your custom menu load up. Once done, go directly to open your project which you intend to create disc, that seem to bypass the chance of having the "check menu" freeze problem.
7. One of the post I read said that the NewBlue FX seems to be causing disc creation being stuck at a certain percentage, I got stuck at 16%. This is where my troubleshooting leads me to this posting. My conclusion is none of those, at least in my case. I have fancy menu with audio, video, 2 sequences and customized menu, but the culprit is the Motion Thumbnails. Switch it off, the disc producing process just run without any problem.
8. Create disc to folder, which will save you from turning your BD into beautiful decorations. Be very careful with folder, if you cancel your "burn", PD will try to remove the created folder. If you happen to have your files produce in a folder with files in, it may just wipe everything for you. Make a new folder!
9. Dolby digital vs DTS, that's something you will have to decide on what you prefer. But, if you choose DD, the burn menu somehow will grey out the "Enable Intel Video Sync" option. That actually is a function that can make the create disc process quicker. Unless you hate DTS or you have an audio system that cannot decode DTS, then use DD.

Hope some of the thoughts above can make your life a little easier with PD13.

NonnyM [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 04, 2012 13:40 Messages: 51 Offline
[Post New]
Ref no 2.

You are not alone with Magic music problem.

If you can get your hands on a copy of Sonic Fire, you can produce Smart sound as mp3 or wavs.

But you probably knew that ;

Rgds Win 7 Home SP 1, PD 13
Processor i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3201 Mhz, 4 Core(s), (RAM) 8.00 GB, Sys Drive 120 gig SSD, Data Drive 1 Terrabyte, Nvidia GeForce GTX 750Ii , Portable USB3 2 Terrabyte

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
You can also produce a WMA, MPEG-4 audio, or WAV file in Powerdirector from a Smartsound file.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
Thank you Cowman12 for fix no. 6. Worked brilliantly. Computer was freezing up all time on create disc but now all is well. :
roarb [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Norway Joined: Jun 16, 2015 03:08 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the advice and insights from your project! Windows 10 Home • Power Director 16 Ultimate
Toshiba Satellite P50T-B-10W • Intel Core i7-4710HQ processor • AMD Radeon R9 M265X, 2 GB • 16 GB RAM • SSD with external HDD USB 3.0
• GPU RAM 2 GB • External monitor Dell 27"