Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
What kind of file is this?
Babs2 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2013 03:52 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Previously I posted...

'I created my project and burnt to a DVD disc and it worked fine on a DVD player.

Now I want to send the video via a cloud product to my family. And I need to change the format so it can be viewed their end on both a Windows PC and Mac computer.

What format do I need to produce this video in now ?'

After receiving a suggestion, I tried creating a mp4 version but it turned out to be something called m2ts

The reason I ask is because when I tried to copy this file over to my desktop to try and compress it, I can't copy it over as it says do you want to copy this file without it's properties????

Being new at this I probably didn't format it correctly in the first place.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Babs2

You didn't do anything wrong. MP4 files can end in .mp4 or .m2ts, you can change that in the Produce tab of PD13. The message about copying without properties can be ignored here, but you can't compress any produced video file because it's already fully compressed.

Just upload to the cloud as-is and see if your friends and family can view it. You may want to try a small sample first to make sure that everyone can play or download your videos. If anyone has problems, you can try one of the different outputs formats and use that from now on.

I hope this helps

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Babs2 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks optodata for explaining that for me. I might eventually get there.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'm sure you will! Everyone here was new once and we just keep coming back to share our enthusiasm and experience.

Somewhere on the forum, there's almost certainly a post or active contributor who's already faced whatever difficulties you might be facing, and all you need to do is search or ask (preferably in that order )

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Previously I posted...

'I created my project and burnt to a DVD disc and it worked fine on a DVD player.

Now I want to send the video via a cloud product to my family. And I need to change the format so it can be viewed their end on both a Windows PC and Mac computer.

What format do I need to produce this video in now ?'

After receiving a suggestion, I tried creating a mp4 version but it turned out to be something called m2ts

The reason I ask is because when I tried to copy this file over to my desktop to try and compress it, I can't copy it over as it says do you want to copy this file without it's properties????

Being new at this I probably didn't format it correctly in the first place.

Hi Babs,
As I was the "mp4" person, I thought I'd better follow your post up with a bit of additional info.

Create an mp4. Please see the attached image of how to access the mp4 profile options.

Dafydd

[Thumb - SD-2013-02-1400.png]
 Filename
SD-2013-02-1400.png
[Disk]
 Description
mp4
 Filesize
47 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
158 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 11. 2015 05:12

Babs2 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Dafydd for that extra info.

Yes in fact I followed up your advice and found out how to produce an mp4 file and then proceeded as you show in your post but apparently I guess I must have hit the wrong button and created an m2ts file instead, oops. I'll try again.
NonnyM [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 04, 2012 13:40 Messages: 51 Offline
[Post New]
Only to add;

M2TS Files are produced by Panasonic Video footage from most of the "Pany" Range. (Maybe Sony video as well ?)

If you produce M2TS files using SVRT and Panasonic video cameras. PD will cut down the processing time by not renering the file, but copying the frames. (but I could be corrected here ?)

Rgds

Win 7 Home SP 1, PD 13
Processor i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3201 Mhz, 4 Core(s), (RAM) 8.00 GB, Sys Drive 120 gig SSD, Data Drive 1 Terrabyte, Nvidia GeForce GTX 750Ii , Portable USB3 2 Terrabyte