Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sound pops between scenes issue....
Jorrell [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 03, 2015 00:23 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Editing a film, and run into a brick wall with this issue:

These loud pops between scenes. WHAT THE H3LL is this??? How can I fix this?! Using raw files from my "Sony Ax100" video camera only, with separate musical wave files. I`ve made a 1 minute video here so you can hear the issue

http://youtu.be/6TIX3w7-LBk

Thoughts on this audio issue?

Anja the Dane
Contributor Location: Denmark (North of Copenhagen) Joined: Mar 03, 2011 15:02 Messages: 347 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jorrrell,
to me it seems you have some free Space between the clips - try to remove the free Space and I'm sure the pops will disapeer. PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12
Jorrell [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Jorrrell,
to me it seems you have some free Space between the clips - try to remove the free Space and I'm sure the pops will disapeer.

Your talking about the free space between the clips where my cursor is?

Interesting idea, however the clips can`t get any closer to each other unless I missed something? Their as close as I could get them without combining them. The only way I thought of getting them closer was trying to "combine" clips, but the options not clickable.

Thoughts?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 10. 2015 07:56

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Try producing a section and see if the pops persist in the resulting file. It might only be audible in preview. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Jorrell [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Try producing a section and see if the pops persist in the resulting file. It might only be audible in preview.

ah that's what I assumed as well! But the "pop" is still there when I did just that last night, I can show you when I get home.
Ugh. There must be a way to solve this!!

Is there anyway to close that free space that the other person mentioned above?? Tried combining the two separate scenes, wouldn`t let me though. That person thought that removing that free space would solve the issue.
[Post New]
The way I do here, only produce the audio first, add this new audio to overlap the previous one.
Produce video, solve for me.
Note: In the timeline may still have hiccups after rendering this good.
I Produce audio WMA or MPEG-4, it works best for me. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
So, when you have the cursor hit a video file you get that hiccup. It's not a POP, more of a hiccup, but that's not really important.
There is nothing I see that might cause that. What is the audio format of the music clip?
Can you provide a dxdiag for us to look at? It is very easy, and contains no personal info, just the guts and drivers of your computer.
See Part A and especially Part B. http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/40225.page
I think your computer is struggling a bit with the Sony AX100 files and when it hits a video file, it gets "startled" so to speak.

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
That free space seems to be what I see. You should be able to drag one video to the other without combining them.

]If you drag one clip over the previous clip, there should be a pop down window that offers suggestions. Are you not seeing that?
[Thumb - move clip.png]
 Filename
move clip.png
[Disk]
 Description
Drop down for moving clips
 Filesize
21 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
42 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 10. 2015 12:41

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Jorrell [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: So, when you have the cursor hit a video file you get that hiccup. It's not a POP, more of a hiccup, but that's not really important.
There is nothing I see that might cause that. What is the audio format of the music clip?
Can you provide a dxdiag for us to look at? It is very easy, and contains no personal info, just the guts and drivers of your computer.
See Part A and especially Part B. http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/40225.page
I think your computer is struggling a bit with the Sony AX100 files and when it hits a video file, it gets "startled" so to speak.

The music clip is just a wav. File, I can provide that other info definitely, are you thinking my computer needs some kinda driver or something to fix this issue?
I`m just hoping there IS a solution, I gotta finish this video by the 27th so this situation is killing me lol.
Jorrell [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: That free space seems to be what I see. You should be able to drag one video to the other without combining them.

]If you drag one clip over the previous clip, there should be a pop down window that offers suggestions. Are you not seeing that?

No I do get that window actually, which one should I be selecting though for my issue?? Insert?
Never used that windows options before, not familiar with them.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 10. 2015 13:10

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: That free space seems to be what I see. You should be able to drag one video to the other without combining them.

No I do get that window actually, which one should I be selecting though for my issue?? Insert?
Never used that windows options before, not familiar with them.

If you don;t see that window, I believe that you are not butting one clip against the next. You would use insert UNLESS you are moving one clip and there are others next to it, then you would use Insert and Move...

How are you determining that you can't move the clip without joining them? Did you try it? It would take only a second to do so. You could always undo it.

By the way, I think it is automatic. I don;t remember turning anything on to get that pop down.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 10. 2015 13:25

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
[Post New]
The music clip is just a wav. File, I can provide that other info definitely, are you thinking my computer needs some kinda driver or something to fix this issue?
I`m just hoping there IS a solution, I gotta finish this video by the 27th so this situation is killing me lol.

I understood that you added a full music thus has no gap, which I recommended to save the audio separates the usually solves for me in this case.
I consider a stumble that of the video that affects the audio (type a quick break, usually only in the preview.

Have you ever tried to open the Wave Editor in music making any adjustments, so that when closing WE update the audio file, it can correct in many cases.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 10. 2015 13:58

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
Jorrell [Avatar]
[Post New]
Guys please watch this short vid,

I clarify a few important points.

http://youtu.be/rMQkghc1VZA

Thoughts now?
playvideo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 30, 2011 08:09 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Guys please watch this short vid,

Thoughts now?

Now I've seen better, the 2nd video you posted.

Has a bug that disassociated, video and audio also opened a space between the videos.

Add this video again this unbound, I think is the best thing to do.

Unlink the video audio can also resolve to synchronize audio and video again.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 10. 2015 22:54

Jorrell [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: Guys please watch this short vid,

Thoughts now?

So it's like I said, the stumbling block is the video junction that affects the audio, you still have doubts about this?

To try to remove the video and see that the audio plays Normal

Maybe google translator this failing.

Wait are you saying unlink the video & audio and (while having them in sync of course), put the audio on a different track from the video????

Thats what I got out of what you just said, I apologize if I misunderstood lol I sort of just jumped headfirst into powerdirector 13. Literally lol. And I`m under a time crunch so sorry if I came off angry in the video everyone lol.

playvideo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 30, 2011 08:09 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Wait are you saying unlink the video & audio and (while having them in sync of course), put the audio on a different track from the video????

Thats what I got out of what you just said, I apologize if I misunderstood lol I sort of just jumped headfirst into powerdirector 13. Literally lol. And I`m under a time crunch so sorry if I came off angry in the video everyone lol.

Now I've seen better, the 2nd video you posted.

Has it seems bug that disassociated, video and audio also opened a space between the videos.

Add this video again this unbound, I think is the best thing to do.

Unlink the video audio can also resolve to synchronize audio and video again.

This error happens sometimes when you reopen a previous saved project.

The 1st video that showed you a clip was without audio clip on the 1st, then concludes that you added a song in another band, I spoke it well.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 10. 2015 23:15

Paul1945
Contributor Location: South Africa Joined: Apr 12, 2014 14:11 Messages: 327 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Boys
Sound Pops same Problem !!!
Problem Solve in the Moment...
1.Unlink Video/Audio
2.Lok Mov Track
3.Edit Audio with ---Audio Director
4.Cut out Pops
5.New Produce H 264
Problem solved in the Moment !!! ( ????? ) Pauls PC
X399 AORUS Extreme/AMD Ryzen2970WX/1xQuatro 4000 Driver:Geforce 419.67Skill V DDR4 64GB/3200MHz/Win10 prox64
Intel SSD 750/400 / Intel SSD 750/1.2Tb 1x4TB SSHD /1xSeagate 10TB pro
1xSamsung UA28D590 4k LUMIX GH5 1xLG HDR
stevek
[Post New]
Stretch out that time line fully to make sure that the files are abutting each other. .
Dankan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 10, 2014 07:44 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jorrell
I had the same problem with my Panasonic Camera.
I analyzed the problem and found that audio stream of a clip delays 12-13 frames after a video stream.
In order to solve the problem just crop the first 12-14 frames of the clip and delete them.
Jorrell [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Boys
Sound Pops same Problem !!!
Problem Solve in the Moment...
1.Unlink Video/Audio
2.Lok Mov Track
3.Edit Audio with ---Audio Director
4.Cut out Pops
5.New Produce H 264
Problem solved in the Moment !!! ( ????? )

Hmmmm I`ll will let you know how it goes, I will try out this method and others you guys have suggested. If anyone else has any other ideas let me know, will report back soon so to help the next infuriated person who runs into this issue lol