Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD12 Win7 Home Blank / Black Video when editing Source error2 (Maybe Solved ?)
NonnyM [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 04, 2012 13:40 Messages: 51 Offline
[Post New]
After getting the black screen of death, I searched for a number of days on the web, chasing registry entries, new codacs and re-installing PD12. The problem suddenly occurred after a year or so of editing .mts files with no problem (Source error 2)

Solution.

For some reason the admin rights on my PC have changed. Although my user account has admin rights, when I run PD12 as administrator everything seems to work OK. There is a difference between having admin rights and being an administrator (See Win 7 sites)

This problem has also affected other programs on my PC. Why the programs ran OK for a year until now then decided they need to run as administrator, I do not know.

You can set programs to run as administrator see http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ff431742.aspx

Hope this hint helps someone

Rgds

Win7 Home Win 7 Home SP 1, PD 13
Processor i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3201 Mhz, 4 Core(s), (RAM) 8.00 GB, Sys Drive 120 gig SSD, Data Drive 1 Terrabyte, Nvidia GeForce GTX 750Ii , Portable USB3 2 Terrabyte

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: After getting the black screen of death, I searched for a number of days on the web, chasing registry entries, new codacs and re-installing PD12. The problem suddenly occurred after a year or so of editing .mts files with no problem (Source error 2)

Solution.

For some reason the admin rights on my PC have changed. Although my user account has admin rights, when I run PD12 as administrator everything seems to work OK. There is a difference between having admin rights and being an administrator (See Win 7 sites)

This problem has also affected other programs on my PC. Why the programs ran OK for a year until now then decided they need to run as administrator, I do not know.

You can set programs to run as administrator see http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ff431742.aspx

Hope this hint helps someone

Rgds

Win7 Home

If you have a corrupted user profile, it is sometimes best to create a New User Profile as Administrator.

A new User Profile will often solve strange problems in Windows.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

NonnyM [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 04, 2012 13:40 Messages: 51 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
You are correct about the user profile, I created a new profile as standard user and using it, all worked as it should.

I changed the original profile from administrator to standard and problem remained, changed it back to Adminstrator and PD12 was working with the "bad" files.

I now find that Wave editor has a problem, (solved by running as Administrator). Ir would seem that somehow that file permissions have changed.

Only "bad" thing I have done is load Office XP on Win 7, I should know better !

Thanks
Win 7 Home SP 1, PD 13
Processor i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3201 Mhz, 4 Core(s), (RAM) 8.00 GB, Sys Drive 120 gig SSD, Data Drive 1 Terrabyte, Nvidia GeForce GTX 750Ii , Portable USB3 2 Terrabyte

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,
You are correct about the user profile, I created a new profile as standard user and using it, all worked as it should.

I changed the original profile from administrator to standard and problem remained, changed it back to Adminstrator and PD12 was working with the "bad" files.

I now find that Wave editor has a problem, (solved by running as Administrator). Ir would seem that somehow that file permissions have changed.

Only "bad" thing I have done is load Office XP on Win 7, I should know better !

Thanks

Good thing the User Profile helped.

I have no problem with Office 2000 Premium on Windows 7 64 bit.
I have been using Office 2000 since about 2002.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.