Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Custom transition - One second cross-fade
AllanSmithee [Avatar]
Member Joined: Mar 13, 2015 19:16 Messages: 54 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I'm currently using the trial version of PowerDirector but I plan to purchase when that expires.

I was adding some transitions to my project today and I noticed that the default fade is 2 seconds, and not cross.
To add this transition I select the transition panel, scroll down to fade and drag that down to the video.
Now the annoying part is I then have to select that transition, edit it, change the time to one second, and select cross.
Since I will be using this same transition many times throughout my project (a 1-sec cross-fade is one of the most commonly used transitions in video editing and should be standard IMO), I would like to save these custom settings of "cross" and "1 second".

Is it possible to save this as a custom transition? I didn't see that option.

Thanks!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Allan -

Yes - you can do that in Preferences. The attached image shows where & how.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Preferences Editing.png]
 Filename
Preferences Editing.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
122 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
136 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
AllanSmithee [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,

Great thanks for the quick response, that will certainly help.
However it appears those settings are applied globally rather than to a single transition effect.

Let's say that I sometimes wanted to use the default fade transition, and I sometimes wanted to use the "modified" 1-sec cross-fade version of it. Could I save the latter as a custom transition?

Thanks!

EDIT: What I mean is, would it be possible to copy an existing transition and paste it into "Custom" or "Favorites" and modify it there as a new transition? That would be useful functionality.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Mar 13. 2015 20:30

NonnyM [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 04, 2012 13:40 Messages: 51 Offline
[Post New]
The best I can come up with is to Ctrl-Click each fade, store to clip board and set the duration to what you want.

Rgds Win 7 Home SP 1, PD 13
Processor i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3201 Mhz, 4 Core(s), (RAM) 8.00 GB, Sys Drive 120 gig SSD, Data Drive 1 Terrabyte, Nvidia GeForce GTX 750Ii , Portable USB3 2 Terrabyte

AllanSmithee [Avatar]
[Post New]
How do you save a custom transition? Are these really transitions that you create from scratch?

Also, is it possible to change the settings of a Favorite transition so that these settings stay stored along with it?

Thanks
[Post New]
[quote] How do you save a custom transition? Are these really transitions That You create from scratch?Also, is it possible to change the settings of the Favorite transition so que these settings stay stored along with it?Thanks [/ quote]

We can create or modify Alpha transitions.These will take time to set this in the settings, PD. Can be changed in the timeline one by one or in selected group.Memorize the last setting used especially for transitions.Send suggestions for Cyberlink has a specific topic set up there.The more requests but chance of being met.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 16. 2015 12:34

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
AllanSmithee [Avatar]
[Post New]
That would be nice. I will use the solution posted by ynotfish and simply change the preferences as that seems to be the best option.

Thanks everyone.