Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Oh! Thanks ynotfish. With that YouTube film it was easy to change the "1" to the "0". No greyed out HEVC HA any more..
Thanks. I wrote in that thread too but I don´t know how to edit or even get into the registry..

Version 2019 of PD14 never crashed. The crashes started with v2302.
I often do HEVC to HEVC 80Mbps renderings and I use HA to save time. I manage to make 2-10 projects before PD crashes. Afterwards the HA is greyed out. Then I change the Nnvidia driver and I start a new cycle. Geforce Experience is always uninstalled as suggested here. 361.75 driver managed 3 projects before it crashed. I´ll go back to 359 again to get back the HA for HEVC and use that and wait for next crash. I sent several emails to Cyberlink as they ask us after each crash.
I also had many crashes and HWA for H264 and H265 4K was greyed out afterwards. It always came back when I changed the Nvidia driver newer or older.
The crashes stopped when I uninstalled GeForce Experience as was suggested in this forum. I have now the latest driver 361.64. I have done 15-20 projects HEVC 80Mbps and XAVC-S 100Mbps since then without problems (Trimming, transitions, text and black bars).
I have the NX1 too and I use the hardware acceleration on PD14 and my Nvidia GTX970 GPU. Your card GTX960 is also good for HWA. It renders my HEVC 2160p25 in just 1,8 real time ( custom profile at 80Mbps). The problem is that when I update the Nvidia drivers the HWA becomes disabled. Which driver do you use? I had v359 and reverted back to v358.91 and now the HWA works fine. I used v358.87 and previous drivers for months without problems but when the v359 was released, PD crashed.
I use PD14 almost daily. My videos are on YouTube rendered at XAVC-S 100Mbps and HWA.
Quote:
Quote: Does anybody know how to get rid of the huge empty space under all my posts? Very annoying..

That looks like it's in your profile's signature (or possibly the Bio section if you filled that in instead). If you don't see the extra lines at the end, try deleting the "2XBDR-208DBK." line and everything after that (Shift+Ctrl+End, then Del)

You should be able to tell if you got rid of it by going to any page where you've posted and refreshing it.

EDIT: They're gone!

Thanks Optodata!
Every 4th frame is dropped in your YouTube video causing the stroboscopic effect. . I downloaded your original test file and it is only 53Mbps as shown in MPC-HC. You might try to make another custom profile with XAVC-S 100Mbps. I thought the 235MB file was a bit choppy in MPC-HC, smoother in WMP. I don´t know what bitrate your camera has. The rule is to render in the same bitrate as the original camera files. However I can not explain why only 3/4 of your frames are on YouTube...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1coG0zLeric&feature=youtu.be

It plays smooth when i uploaded your file 53Mbps. Only 1 of hundred frames were dropped and the bitrate speed in YouTube was around 60Mbps when I looked. I believe some of your YT settings are not the best.

Hopefully some of the experts here can help. They will want you to post your DX-diagnost files.
I have produced 170 videos with PD13 and PD14 for YouTube and the quality has improved since HTML5 vp9 player codec was introduced by Google. My workflow: I render the H264 or H265 original camera files to XAVC-S 100Mbps. The produced file is saved in my PC. Then I go to YouTube and there I upload my file. I find that to get smooth YouTube 4K one needs at least 100Mbps ethernet speed which it seldom is in the internet busy evenings when it can go down as low as 3-4Mbps which results in buffering and stutttering. At 250Mbps it can look almost as good as the original file. Rightclick the "nerd info".
Hardware acceleration for HEVC UHD (H265 to H265) is greyed out in this build. It worked perfectly with v2019 and the latest Nvidia drivers. I tried to revert back to v2019 with no success. How do I revert back?

Edit: I instead went back to Nvidia fw358.91 from fw359 and now the hardware acceleration for HEVC UHD custom profile 80Mbps is enabled again with patch v2302. No need to go back to v2019.

However the distorted horizontal lines at the bottom still remain on this build when rendering H265 to H265 or XAVC-S.

Does anybody know how to get rid of the huge empty space under all my posts? Very annoying..
This driver solved the issues I have had lately with playing my XAVC-S (converted from HEVC) videos that I upload to YouTube. The result was a stroboscopic stuttering flickering mess. Now with this driver I can use all players (MPC-HC, WMP and default) with perfect motion. Even the YouTube version with VP9 uploaded yesterday is as smooth as the original 100Mbps XAVC-S.
HEVC 80Mbps was not effected by those bad drivers and HEVC looks better than anything. I wish YouTube will allow it soon for uploads.
Quote: To ynotfish...

Ok...LPCM was a nightmare. My windows media player wouldn't play the sound at all...just the video. Tried H265 and WMP played the audio fine, but the video lagged behind the audio big time. YouTube doesn't support my camera's native XAVC S that I know of (which will be the target for my clips on my YouTube channel). So I compromised a bit on the audio quality and decided on a custom profile that consists of H264 with a MP4 container, 100Mbs video and AAC audio at 384Kbs and 48kHz. It runs just fine in WMP.

I render in H.265 80Mbps from my Samsung NX1 camera clips and I convert to XAVC-S 100Mbps for YouTube. I upload from YouTube those files without problems.

On my pc WMP is the smoothest player for both H.265 and H.264. Perhaps it is because I downloaded the K-Lite codec pack before upgrading to Windows 10.
I would set the bitrate in the custom profile at the same rate as the original file which for you was 20Mbps (not 12Mbps).
Upload your produced file from YouTube (not PD). Use the HTML5 player in Google Chrome and some other browsers. There you will probably get the new codec vp9 with smooth playback if the ethernet is not so busy and your broadband is fast. This is just how I do it (no expert) and it works. I have 180 videos at YouTube produced with PD 11-14.
This is how I do: I render the video in 1920X1080/50p H.264.
The produced file will then be in documents/Cyberlink/PD14 on my pc.
Then I go to my own YouTube site clicking the upload button and the produced file. Make sure you have the best settings for your YouTube site. If your broadband is fast enough it will look gorgeous in 60p.
You should render your video with the same bitrate as your camera clips and save the produced video on your pc. Go to YouTube and let YouTube upload the file from there. I have ranted about this as late as today on my YouTube site (Anders Bixbe). Watch the 2 versions of "Windy October". Watch with YouTubes own Google Chrome vp9 codec and see the ethernet speed bitrate on the rightclicked "nerd statistics". With Chrome you will get 1080/50-60p if that is what you rendered in. No stuttering, perfectly smooth. Vp9 is always for UHD 4K but one gets vp9 sometimes even for 1080/50p and the quality can be great even at lower streaming bitrates depending not only on internet traffic but also which server beeing active.
As I have explained in several other threads here I also render HEVC clips with PD14 from my Samsung NX1 with text, transitions and trimming without problems. I save the HEVC videos (longest so far 61 min.) on my HDD:s. I convert a version to H.264 (XAVC-S MP4 100Mbps) for uploading to YouTube where one can watch it. If you have a broadband better than 100Mbps you should have no problem to watch it in 4K when the ethernet is not so busy. With Chrome codec vp9 you can monitor your connection speed in the nerd info.

I find that HEVC 37Mbps MP4 is as good as H.264 100Mbps and the render time is the same 1,7X realtime with HA. There is though an artefact with strange lines at the bottom on some of the rendered HEVC H.265 clips.

Actually I don´t know what "shadow files" is. My preview is in HD (better than in PD 11 and PD13).
When I convert H.265 to H.264 I make a profile 3840X2160 MP4 XAVC-S 100Mbps and use the hardware acceleration which works with my one year old pc (soon out of date,hehe.).
For H.265 to H.265 i use the custom profile 3840X2160 MP4 37Mbps. So far no problems with transitions or text in the timeline with HEVC H.265.
Actually H.264 to H.264 almost always rendered some clips badly in PD13 and PD11. I have not tried it with PD14 yet.
There is one artefact with H.265 to H.264. Watch the bottom lines in some clips look strange. I have not seen this in H.265 to H.265.

P.S. How do I get rid of the enormeous empty space under my posts?
I have been editing UHD 4K with PD now for 13 months. I have GTX970, 32 GB RAM and a Haswell 6core processor. I have 3 cameras (Panasonic FZ1000, LX100 and Samsung NX1). PD14 with HA renders my H.265 NX1 files to H.265 in 1,7X realtime the same time as H.265 to H.264 XAVC-S MP4 100Mbps. The H.265 rendered videos use 1/3 of data space as H.264. I store my videos on WD caviar green 2TB discs and edit on a 256Gb SSD. Many of my videos can be seen in UHD 4K on YouTube. Search: Anders Bixbe.
One can render H.265 without HA and that takes 10X realtime with my gear.
I have GTX970. With PD13 it took 10X real time to render my Samsung NX1 clips to HEVC 37Mbps. Now with PD14 and the GPU at work it takes only 1,7X real time which is the same time as rendering HEVC H.265 to XAVC-S MP4 100Mbps. Now I must wait for YouTube to handle HEVC too. YouTube has improved with 4K since the VP9 codec was introduced in Chrome.

I have the latest Nvidia Geforce driver. HA works obviously.
I found the answer myself in an older thread. So, I bought the wrong card. GTX960 would work but not GTX970. Is there anyone here who has the GTX960 and Hardware acceleration enabled and getting fast HEVC renderings? In that case I will buy the GTX960.
I have the new Zappiti 4K player which can only play HEVC 4K MP4 files, not H.264. When I render my H.264 2160/25p files to H.265 it takes 6X longer because the SVRT and hardware accelerator are greyed out. Is there a way to enable this? I have the GTX970 card.
Please, I would be glad if someone who has downloaded PD12 would go into the "create disc" section and look in the h.264 option for bluray if 1080/50/60p 28 Mbps has been added.
I know this is not a valid thing for bluray but there should be a workaround and it´s very requested from us who have 50/60p camcorders..
Go to: