Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I have succesfully done many, many projects with PD16 and HWA with my Nvidia GTX1060 and my desktop pc now for 6 months. The rendering time was 18 min for a 30min video which is 0,6X real time.

The Nvidia driver is 390.65. Yesterday I updated PD16 to v.2816 and now the hardware acceleration is greyed out for all HEVC H.265 settings. A 30 min rendering now takes over 6 hours! Is there a solution to this and why did it happen? I´ve had similar issues with earlier versions of PD16 and it was fixed with upgrades of PD.
Do I dare to update the Nvidia driver to the latest? Does that fix it? I have the Cuda and HWA in PD16 enabled of course.

Edit: I updated to the latest driver and the HWA came back and made me happy again.
Quote Check the duration of the video clip. Right mouse click on the title and click Set duration… A window pops up for you to enter the time so you don’t have to drag it.

Thanks.
The problem I had was that the timeline was too short that it was impossible to set the duration correct. I suddenly remembered that I could drag out the timeline ( from the curve at the bottom left corner) and then it became easy to clip and set the duration.smile
Quote I am making a video comparing 2 cameras and I will mark every second clip with camera name in one corner. The only method I know is to drag the text to the lower timeline and fiddle with the duration clock which is very hard and timeconsuming. I hope there is a way to sync my text marker with the different length of every clip. Does anyone know the workflow, please?

I think I found a useable method myself. I will drag out the timeline and cut where the clip ends.
I am making a video comparing 2 cameras and I will mark every second clip with camera name in one corner. The only method I know is to drag the text to the lower timeline and fiddle with the duration clock which is very hard and timeconsuming. I hope there is a way to sync my text marker with the different length of every clip. Does anyone know the workflow, please?
Quote There is no reason why one should render in lower bitrate than the camera is recording in.
Depends on the intented use. I seriously doubt you would be streaming 120Mbps files from the internet. Plus the only way you can burn to disc at that rate is data disc.

I stopped burning bluray discs when I got my first 4K camera 4 years ago (NX1 HEVC 3 years ago). I store everything on HDD:s (internal and external) or USB sticks which is cheaper and more convenient nowadays. Not many people have bluray players but new TV:s have USB for HDD:s and sticks and even for SD cards. If I could afford it I can upload my original files to Vimeo. I don´t get that high bitrate on YouTube but my uploads to YouTube from my HDD:s are free of problems.
There is no reason why one should render in lower bitrate than the camera is recording in. I have a NX1 with around 120Mbps. I am very pleased so far with PD16 because all the issues I have had with PD10-PD15 are gone. No more flames and corrupt scenes. I often had freezes with PD15....Not yet with PD16.......
Quote what is the difference between the available settings in H265 HEVC format :

between setting main or high ?

between setting speed or quality ?

Is there a difference in the final rendering ?

which setting do you use ?

thanks

I make a custom profile in 4K MP4 HEVC because the default settings are not good enough. I have it set to 128Mbps (the highest option) and I use hardware acceleration. With text and crossfades the rendering time is less than real time which is much faster than PD15 which gave me 1,8X real time. Of course ones Pc is of importance. I have just edited a 4K HEVC 128Mbps video shot from my Samsung NX1. It is 20 min long and the rendering time was 12 min with transitions (crossfades), text and 25 clips edited. That is only 0,6X real time!
I just upgraded from PD15 to PD16 and saw that the thumbnail option in the timeline is gone. It was easier for me to edit and cut in each scene from those thumbnails. Is there a way to get them back in the timeline?
I can set my camera Samsung NX1 to 30fps but it causes flicker in electric light (PAL country). I have no problem with the 50fps setting in PD15 because I have finally after 3 years much better motion, less flicker, judder in my 25p videos. I thought somebody else would like to try it or already has done so. Maybe there is a 60fps setting for "NTSC" 50Hz countrys with 24p and 30p cameras.
I have edited UHD 4K files for 3 years now. I recently got a Oppo 203 UBD player and tried to show my HDD 25p videos via the USB but they didn´t run as smooth as from MPC-HC from my Pc.. So, I decided to try the custom settings in PD15 set to 50fps 80Mbps HEVC files. The rendering time is the same but the files get a little bit bigger but result is much smoother on both Oppo USB and MPC-HC. I have tried on YouTube too but their conversion to VP9 50fps went much slower and I got the impression that my viewers could not play the 2160p/50fps video as easy as 25fps.

Any thoughts on this?
I have found out that other PD users with the NX1 camera and it´s H.265 files have the same issues with "flames" at the bottom. One guy has no GPU, only QSV (quick sync) and he gets the flames too.
17 of you guys downloaded my dx.diag. Probably no fault with my pc. I just don´t think PD14 is ready for HEVC (H.265) decoding.
Instead I have used APPCC now for a week and it is slower 4X realtime instead of 1,8X but it has no issues.
I render my NX1 H.265 files to 2160/25p XAVC-S 100Mbps. YouTube uploads my rendered video. You can watch my videos there: Anders Bixbe. Watch with Googles HTML5 player. The VP9 codec kicks in the day after the upload.
So, I uninstalled K-Lite codec pac and rendered todays video again HEVC to XAVC-S 100Mbps and the result is the same, one clip corrupt (always different clips) and slight distorted bottom lines. MPC-HC disappeared so I had to reinstall that afterwards. The Windows 10 player was always choppy. Maybe it is a bit smoother now..
So, any other suggestion?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmzXzCYOs5g
At 3:09 there is flames. They appear only randomly so hard to replicate now. I tested a video made today. HEVC to HEVC with HWA was fine. HEVC to HEVC without HWA crashed. HEVC to XAVC-S with and without HWA both made one corrupt clip and very discrete "flames". Interestingly rendering time was only 2X realtime without HWA (1,8X with HWA). The issues were the same before. One fw was perfect 22xx or 23xx. I can´t find my post about it. 2207? I will post todays video on YouTube. Maybe I will dare to remove K-Lite codec..

Stevek, I don´t have the Samsung Rapid mode enabled according to my "Samsung Magician" program.
I searched and found out that my 150% DPI setting is because I use my 50" UHD TV as the computer and the app thumbnails become too small at 100%. So it can have nothing to do with my PD14 issues.
What do you mean with high display %? Do you mean my high bitrate? Thanks for the advices. I hope I dare to change something..

<h1>

</h1>
..So, I wonder if any of you 9 guys who downloaded the secrets of my pc have found any anomality that can explain the 2 issues I have with PD14?

The "flames" at the bottom are there always more or less. An example of how it looks when worse is at 3:09 of my YouTube video upload from 160316 Trångsundsskogen.

2 corrupt clips can be seen at 3:29 in my 160313 YouTube upload of Trångsundsskogen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HC_q30HULk
..No effects other than crossfades sometimes. I have K-Lite codecs installed since Windows 7 for playing HEVC files. I make H265 2160p25fps 80Mbps for myself and XAVC-S 100Mbps (H264 2160p25fps for YouTube). As I wrote lower bitrates both H265 (HEVC) and H264 MP4 XAVC-S also result in those flames. Do I dare to uninstall K-Lite codec? I have the latest fw 2707. An older fw 2300 something worked fine without issues. I have used HWA so long now but I think the issues existed without HWA but not as frequent. I will try rendering without HWA to see if there is any difference..
Thanks for the answer.
I have 2 problems with PD14. In almost every project I get 1 or 2 clips that are corrupt (look like crap worse than 240p) and in every project the lowest horizontal image lines are distorted in different colors like flames. Both issues can be seen in my YouTube videos (Anders Bixbe). My original 2160p25fps HEVC files (from NX1) are free of any issues played by WMP, MPC-HC etc. I have started to render in 2.35:1 to get rid of the line problem. I am surprised that I haven´t seen any thread here about these issues. Can I do something? I tried to add my DxDiag.txt file. I render from HEVC to XAVC-S 100Mbps and to HEVC 80Mbps. Lower bitrates give the same issues and worse quality.
Oh! Thanks ynotfish. With that YouTube film it was easy to change the "1" to the "0". No greyed out HEVC HA any more..
Go to: