Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
4K Production issues when uploading to YOUTUBE
TY12 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 24, 2015 15:00 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Hi guys,

First of all, great forum. We have been passive members for a long time and very much enjoy reading the posts in here.

We just sent the following information to Cyberlink support, and was wondering whether anybody in this forum could help out with the below mentioned issue regarding "producing"

In AVC (H.264) 4K 3840 x 2160/25p (50 Mbps) we are producing a 4K mp4 video for YouTube upload. The file has edited footage and added music audio. The file is produced correctly by PD14 (it works), but when uploading it to YouTube the video is played back slowly (jerky).

When we produce the exact same video in WindowsMedia Windows Media Video 9 4K 3840x2160/25p (20 Mbps) the file is produced correctly and when we upload it to YouTube the video and audio function perfectly. The problem is that the quality is pixilated in parts and nowhere near the quality of AVC.

We have just upgraded to v 14 from v 12.In v 12 we have always used the MPEG-4 MPEG-4K 3840 x 2160/25p(50Mps) to produce 4K vids for YOUTUBE which function perfectly with audio and footage. We have today produced (in version 12) a perfectly working high quality video that works in 4K on YOUTUBE (the exact same video we produced unsuccessfully on our brand new Version 14).

Please would you look into this issue as production in version 14 for 4K video appears to be unusable on YOUTUBE. There appears to be a problem in the outputed production of audio and footage once it is uploaded to YOUTUBE.

An example of the jerky movements from the PD14 produced file can be seen on our YouTube video here => Please bare in mind that the same movie produced in Powerdiretor 12 functioned perfectly on YouTube when it was uploaded - We are very afraid that we have upgraded to a product that cannot be used...

Why has the MPEG-4 production button been removed, this produced output funtioned perfectly?Thanks for taking the time to look into this.

Hope somebody can advise us of what to do. As the situation is now, we will have to produce 4K vids for YOUTUBE in PD12 where the quality is good and the produced audio video file plays perfectly without jerky movements.

Thanks for taking the time to read my question

Best Regards

TY12

We have had PD12 for almost two years without any issues. First issues experienced are with PD14.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Nov 27. 2015 11:07

Anders Bixbe [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Sweden Joined: Apr 05, 2012 16:55 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
I have produced 170 videos with PD13 and PD14 for YouTube and the quality has improved since HTML5 vp9 player codec was introduced by Google. My workflow: I render the H264 or H265 original camera files to XAVC-S 100Mbps. The produced file is saved in my PC. Then I go to YouTube and there I upload my file. I find that to get smooth YouTube 4K one needs at least 100Mbps ethernet speed which it seldom is in the internet busy evenings when it can go down as low as 3-4Mbps which results in buffering and stutttering. At 250Mbps it can look almost as good as the original file. Rightclick the "nerd info". Corsair Vengeance C70, Asus Geforce GTX 1060
Asus Prime Z370-A, Corsair RMx 850, Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2. Windows 10,
Corsair Vengeance LP 2X16Gb DDR4 RAM,Intel i7-8700K

TY12 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for your reply Anders Bixbe. We just tried your method with the same result. We have included an upload of the file we are talking about. If you view it you will see how smoothly the engines turn. Once the video is uploaded to YouTube the engines turn slowly. If I upload the clip without the audio to YouTube it runs smoothly. Never had this problem with 4k footage and audio in PD12? If You can try uploading our clip to YT and see what we mean.

Thanks so much for your feedback

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 27. 2015 11:07

TY12 [Avatar]
[Post New]
We found a work around to the problem until Cyberlink fixes this issue that we have also reported to them.

Once we have produced our 4K video on PD14 we import the produced file into PD12.

In PD12 we again produce this file in MPEG-4 as a 4K file. This file we then upload to YouTube and it works.

This proves that there is an issue, hopefully Cyberlink will sort this issue soon so we do not have to jump from PD 14 to PD12 just to produce a 4K vide that works properly on YT.

Have a good evening everyone.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 27. 2015 11:08

Anders Bixbe [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Sweden Joined: Apr 05, 2012 16:55 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
Every 4th frame is dropped in your YouTube video causing the stroboscopic effect. . I downloaded your original test file and it is only 53Mbps as shown in MPC-HC. You might try to make another custom profile with XAVC-S 100Mbps. I thought the 235MB file was a bit choppy in MPC-HC, smoother in WMP. I don´t know what bitrate your camera has. The rule is to render in the same bitrate as the original camera files. However I can not explain why only 3/4 of your frames are on YouTube...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1coG0zLeric&feature=youtu.be

It plays smooth when i uploaded your file 53Mbps. Only 1 of hundred frames were dropped and the bitrate speed in YouTube was around 60Mbps when I looked. I believe some of your YT settings are not the best.

Hopefully some of the experts here can help. They will want you to post your DX-diagnost files.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Nov 24. 2015 20:12

Corsair Vengeance C70, Asus Geforce GTX 1060
Asus Prime Z370-A, Corsair RMx 850, Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2. Windows 10,
Corsair Vengeance LP 2X16Gb DDR4 RAM,Intel i7-8700K

TY12 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you very much for your feedback Anders, very useful. As said we did find a workaround to the problem where the file runs smoothly. We will now see what Cyberlink has to say.

Anders may we ask kindly that you remove our file from public view on your YouTube channel, this is copyrighted material and music which we obviusly don´t want publicly uploaded on other channels.

Thanks again for your help, have a good day.

Best Regards

TY12

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 27. 2015 11:07

TY12 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Guys,

Sorry to say that our workaround for producing 4K video in PD12 did not turn out. After uploading the 4K video to YT the YT quality is only 360P and does not go beyond that despite the file being a 4K file.

Now what... ?