Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote:
Quote: Thank you very much for answering my question!!! Much appreciated!

I would suggest that since you are upgrading drives, that you consider a bluray burner. You can get one at newegg for $79. They also do lightscribe for DVD-CD, as well as everything a regular dvd burner does. This way you will be able to burn to bluray disc, in the future. That the path most people are taking when upgrading dvd burners. The progress of technology.

Randy

Thanks for adding this KR - I'd add my recommendation to upgrade to a blu ray burner as well. Burns everything else as well, and if you're not thinking of burning to blu ray just yet, you may well do so later on! Blu Ray burners are available quite cheaply with Lightscribe built in for every other Lightscribe disc sort around.
An external lightscribe burner is ok.

However, it's not a massive upgrade to have an internal burner put into your mainframe. Down to pure choice whether you go external or internal......

Lightscribe bizz is not a colour process. The image is 'etched' onto the disc label, so mono only I'm afraid. You will need Lightscribe ready discs which are available for CD and DVD discs - not blu ray unfortunately.
Well I tried this out of interest....

The audio was transformed brilliantly, but had frequent loss of smooth movement on the video rendering. Once the smooth panning became jerky in each scene, it stayed that way until the next new scene, which inevitably went choppy as weel later on.

Have others tried to burn a produced movie in Dolby 2.0 audio to 5.1 surround (DTS) without losing video quality, or am I trying something that's doomed from the start? :
Very interesting thread.

Have had experience with all three methods of disc printing discussed here.

For a one off project, Lightscribe works just fine. The discs required are not that expensive. I agree it doesn't look as great as colour inkjet direct to disc, but it's a definite option.

Note, check your burner is Lightscribe! Spent ages with the Lightscribe software only to find later that the drive I had had installed for me was not a Lightscribe drive....!!

As has already been said here, do NOT use paper stick ons on blu ray discs. I personally didn't use them on DVD discs for the same reasons as not using them on blu ray discs. CD discs are fine.

Inkjet printable discs are very good. Printer must be capable of 'direct cd printing'. Canon and Epson both have such printers, and the disc tray adapters that feed into the printer are included with the printer.

Beware you pick the right discs for direct cd inkjet printing. Had so many smudges to start with using white label discs that were really only designed to be written on with a labelling pen.

Your discs should be advertised as 'inkjet printable'.
If you are experiencing choppy video, I'm wondering if the 28mbps option is correct. I'm three weeks or so into pd10 so am quite new as you are, but I found matching a bitrate to that of the original video file solved a lot of quality issues.

Check your Mbps rate in the properties of the original movie file. You may find the same profile with the 24mbts works better??
Very interesting......

Just corrected one clip due to spelling error in title (grrrrrrrr!)

Clip is three mins or so.

First attempt, video freeze.

Deleted video clip, and then reattached video onto timeline.

Second produce attempt worked just fine......
No probs

Just great to finally see it on t'big screen.....
The only other thought I had since reading your post is that it does seem to make sense for the larger rendering projects.

Does the same memory overrun occur say for the smaller 5-6min clips??

Although I had these freeze-free efforts this morning, I had plenty of similar length efforts that froze, sometimes 3 minute clips.
Let's also take into account re runs when something goes wrong in the edit and has to be redone??

Hmmmmmmn!

Burnt BD of first project - well worth the effort, results look stunning on main TV.

Summing up issues and work arounds:

Choppy video during pans solved by matching bit rate in profile to bitrate quoted in video file properties.

Freeze frames avoided by chopping whole project into smaller chunks, producing each chunk and then restricting rendered chunks in new project window. This work around is still a bit of a lottery, and in my view shouldn't really have to be necessary - but seems to be until I upgrade my system.

Have confidence in burning BD within PD 10 once files to be burnt have been produced, ie rendered. The disc burning procedure works better than the PowerProduce burn I tried earlier which although successful proved to contain choppy video again.

Many thanks to all here who have chipped in and helped out one way or another over the last ten days or so. Much appreciated.
Thanks Rocket Scientist

I'm hoping that these extra disc-written memory allocations are cleared afterwards......
Forgive the surprise, but this just hasn't happened before.

I have been repairing and re rendering various clips from my first effort. Freeze free renders are rare, until this morning.

I had to re produce a long series of clips that I had previously thought freeze-free. Split them up into 5-7 minute clips, and all five efforts were successful first time, each time. Now up till now, that just hasn't happened!! Even with the shorter clips.

Three were straight clips, one clip had one title in it, and the last one had a title, music clip, fade up and down on music clip, video audio track lowered and reset.....so it wasn't down to the lack of editing effects that caused the first three clips to work well.

My only guess is that the video clips were freshly inserted into the timeline. I knew exactly where any editing bits needed to be sorted.

Could it be that somehow the timeline and editing procedure has anything to do with these video freezes if the clips are left long term on the timeline during the edit?

Does reinserting the clips to the timeline have anything to do with solving the freeze up issue??
Just as an update to the previous, I've found that PowerProduce burns the produced files from PD10 direct to Blu Ray just fine.
Thanks for all replies.

Given the randomness of the video freezing - and it happens at different points in the render every time - I can only assume that my PC is conflicting software wise with PD10 or it's not up to the job of large scale projects.

Pleased to see BabIndia's 2T HD. Have one of those too, and I was wondering whether the slightly slower rpm speed may be having an impact....

The joys of video editing....!
Thought I'd attach a fresh Diag file......
Don't think so, updated my driver a week or so ago, again after downloading the diag file.

The driver I was using prior to my driver upgrade was well out of date.....

I'm not using Hardware Accelerator on anything ATM.....

Thanks for your interest.
I have to agree with the Win7 suggestion. Much more stable and forgiving platform.

Win7 Professional is worth the investment.

Have yet to see Win8........sounds interesting......
Sorry!!

Was doin' just that as I'd forgotten to add that slightly important info!!

Radeon HD 5450

Be as cruel as yer like, I know it's low end by comparison to others. I just thought that being a 1gig card and an HD one to boot, it should do the job.

If an upgrade is advised, can anyone recommend an upgrade that's not going to burn a massive hole, or is that wishful thinking on my part??!!
Well the blu ray burnt as it should via Power Producer 5, but then found two freezes that I'd overlooked......grrrrrrr!

Seems ridiculous still that I can't rely on PD10 to output 7 mins or so of finished project without freezing things up.....

Appreciate all help and support I've had on here.

Can anyone stick their neck out and say 'It's yer video card'

Tony looked at my diagnostics file and mentioned my Radeon card as being below par. At the moment, I'd willingly pay for an upgrade if I had any confidence that it would do the trick!
Hi gang, update on previous thread on first project which has been plagued by random video freezes within produce files and bd burns.

I have ascertained that the video freezes are completely random. Which to my simple mind means software memory management or something undetected yet on my PC.

The only way I have been able to get around this problem is to split my project up into around six or seven separate produce files. Overall project length is around 1hr15. Have spliced original production into seven parts, and am producing the last part as we speak.

I'm then moving either to PowerProduce to burn the BD or imgburn.

But in the process of splicing the seven parts, it's taken an AGE to get all seven bits video-freeze free!!

With the power of this programme, which in every other way does an excellent job, it seems a crying shame that the final rendering process is so problematic, not just for me, but seemingly for quite a few other users.

I'd upgrade my video card if I thought that would be the end of my problems. But it seems that others with better cards than me have the same issues.

In short, it looks like short projects will be fine, and long projects will need to be done in stages......

Unless others have a solution to the video freezes.

Wonder if CL have any thoughts on this??
Hi Tony,

Deleted clips that had previously been worked with, and replaced them with fresh copies from the cam. I just wondered if somehow I had corrupted any of the video files somehow.

I did do a burn to file only on the previous project, but the freeze frames appeared in that, too.

But will go that way from scratch this time....!

Thanks Tony
Go to: