Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Newbie, problems trying to run powerdirector 10
daleweston123 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: ireland Joined: Mar 05, 2012 03:39 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there, i'm new to this forum and need some advise, i have downloaded power director 10 deluxe,

i think my system info is attached, when i try to run i get a message that this is not a valid win32 application.

im not sure if i have purchased the correct version or if i have enough memory to run, bit late to figure this out now,

any help would be much appreciated, thanks.
 Filename
dale power.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
46 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
248 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi dale,

There isn't a lot of good news for you I'm afraid. Your computer would be ok for Standard Definition (SD) 720x576 video but will struggle with High Definition (HD).

Updating your graphic card driver may assist you to run the program as they are 4.5 years old.
Driver Date/Size: 8/28/2007
Graphic card: Dedicated Memory: 249 MB
will struggle with display issues for HD.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.9GHz
Memory: 2046MB RAM

You need more Ram (if they still make it for your computer).

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium Is one many editors avoided and dumped asap. XP and W7 are better.

Update your graphic card drivers by visiting the Nvidia website and see what happens after that.

Just a suggestion or two and my opinion.

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 05. 2012 08:54

Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Dump Vista and get Windows 7 (best thing you could ever do)..... Add more RAM which should be fairly easy to find... try Ebay... make sure it has the most current video drivers... not much else you can do with your video card in that laptop... your hard drive space is good.... But over all as Dafydd suggests.... your editing experience in HD will be not good. But if HD is not going to be your thing....

I replaced Vista in all of my Machines as soon as I tried the beta version of Win 7 when it came out....

By the way... after trying Windows 8 developer... Windows 8 will be a winner also....

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 05. 2012 10:16

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
Loveclose [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 20, 2012 08:49 Messages: 76 Offline
[Post New]
I have to agree with the Win7 suggestion. Much more stable and forgiving platform.

Win7 Professional is worth the investment.

Have yet to see Win8........sounds interesting...... The meek shall inherit the earth, if that's ok with everyone else....
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Win 7 Home Premium is all you need... save some bucks....
You can download the In 8 preview now and dual boot it.... I think Win 8 commercial is going to be out sooner than they are letting on....

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 05. 2012 22:30

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
Win 8 caters more to touch screen interface. It is better to stick win 7 if touch screen interface is not your cup of tea PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
MB - AS rock Z77 extreme 11
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
Gskill 32 GB RAM 1800 Mhz
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti
BenQ 22" LCD monitor 1920x1080

Ed [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 10, 2012 11:25 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
While I agree that Win 8's main focus is on providing a touch interface from everything I have seen it will also have some nice performance enhancements. My biggest worry with Win 8 is that Balmer is pushing so hard for a fast release I worry about its final release quality. I will defiantly not be an early adopter.
Bubba in TX
[Post New]
I did the Win 8 developer and I liked it.. but not enough to buy it... I am not into touch screen, I will not ever be into touch screen.... on anything by the way..... and unless they change Win 8 to do either normal desktop without the new menu driven interface.. I will not buy it...

**NOTICE**

DXDIAG Link