Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Five freeze free renders in a row!!
Loveclose [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 20, 2012 08:49 Messages: 76 Offline
[Post New]
Forgive the surprise, but this just hasn't happened before.

I have been repairing and re rendering various clips from my first effort. Freeze free renders are rare, until this morning.

I had to re produce a long series of clips that I had previously thought freeze-free. Split them up into 5-7 minute clips, and all five efforts were successful first time, each time. Now up till now, that just hasn't happened!! Even with the shorter clips.

Three were straight clips, one clip had one title in it, and the last one had a title, music clip, fade up and down on music clip, video audio track lowered and reset.....so it wasn't down to the lack of editing effects that caused the first three clips to work well.

My only guess is that the video clips were freshly inserted into the timeline. I knew exactly where any editing bits needed to be sorted.

Could it be that somehow the timeline and editing procedure has anything to do with these video freezes if the clips are left long term on the timeline during the edit?

Does reinserting the clips to the timeline have anything to do with solving the freeze up issue??

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 06. 2012 10:30

The meek shall inherit the earth, if that's ok with everyone else....
Rocket-Scientist
Senior Member Location: HUNTSVILLE, ALABAMA Joined: Apr 23, 2010 10:14 Messages: 288 Offline
[Post New]
the freezing is most likely related to how hard your computer resources are being tasked.
the freeze means that PD has used up all the current allocated memory and needs more, the operating system will then free more memory by writing other portions of programs onto disk, even parts of the OS itself will be paged. This process can even get in its own way (parts of the OS have to be brought back into memory to do something then put back on disk)

by breaking the project into smaller chucks, the resource needs are less, hence fewer freezes. RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
(2 NVME 2TB, 1 SSD 2TB, 3SATA 18TB )
PD18 ULTIMATE 64bit
WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 BIT
GIGABYTE X570 AORUS PRO WIFI MB
RYZEN 7 3700X 8-CORE , 64 GB DDR4
ORSAIR HX1050 watts PSU
Loveclose [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Rocket Scientist

I'm hoping that these extra disc-written memory allocations are cleared afterwards......
The meek shall inherit the earth, if that's ok with everyone else....
Loveclose [Avatar]
[Post New]
The only other thought I had since reading your post is that it does seem to make sense for the larger rendering projects.

Does the same memory overrun occur say for the smaller 5-6min clips??

Although I had these freeze-free efforts this morning, I had plenty of similar length efforts that froze, sometimes 3 minute clips. The meek shall inherit the earth, if that's ok with everyone else....
Loveclose [Avatar]
[Post New]
Very interesting......

Just corrected one clip due to spelling error in title (grrrrrrrr!)

Clip is three mins or so.

First attempt, video freeze.

Deleted video clip, and then reattached video onto timeline.

Second produce attempt worked just fine...... The meek shall inherit the earth, if that's ok with everyone else....