Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Dolby 2.0 on video files rendered as 5.1 surround
Loveclose [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 20, 2012 08:49 Messages: 76 Offline
[Post New]
Well I tried this out of interest....

The audio was transformed brilliantly, but had frequent loss of smooth movement on the video rendering. Once the smooth panning became jerky in each scene, it stayed that way until the next new scene, which inevitably went choppy as weel later on.

Have others tried to burn a produced movie in Dolby 2.0 audio to 5.1 surround (DTS) without losing video quality, or am I trying something that's doomed from the start? :

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 07. 2012 07:08

The meek shall inherit the earth, if that's ok with everyone else....
[Post New]
It certainly seems doable to me. I at one point had a problem with studders, but that was fixed by changing output video to 23.976fps (because that was the native input), 29.976 made it jerky. I never considered it could have anything to do with sound upscaling... OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6420 @ 2.13GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Video card name: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS
PowerDVD 12 trial version
Loveclose [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 20, 2012 08:49 Messages: 76 Offline
[Post New]
Might give it another try then.

Agree with matching bit rate bizz! Had exactly the same issue.

The meek shall inherit the earth, if that's ok with everyone else....