Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
First project issues with potential resolution
Loveclose [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 20, 2012 08:49 Messages: 76 Offline
[Post New]
Hi gang, update on previous thread on first project which has been plagued by random video freezes within produce files and bd burns.

I have ascertained that the video freezes are completely random. Which to my simple mind means software memory management or something undetected yet on my PC.

The only way I have been able to get around this problem is to split my project up into around six or seven separate produce files. Overall project length is around 1hr15. Have spliced original production into seven parts, and am producing the last part as we speak.

I'm then moving either to PowerProduce to burn the BD or imgburn.

But in the process of splicing the seven parts, it's taken an AGE to get all seven bits video-freeze free!!

With the power of this programme, which in every other way does an excellent job, it seems a crying shame that the final rendering process is so problematic, not just for me, but seemingly for quite a few other users.

I'd upgrade my video card if I thought that would be the end of my problems. But it seems that others with better cards than me have the same issues.

In short, it looks like short projects will be fine, and long projects will need to be done in stages......

Unless others have a solution to the video freezes.

Wonder if CL have any thoughts on this??
The meek shall inherit the earth, if that's ok with everyone else....
Loveclose [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well the blu ray burnt as it should via Power Producer 5, but then found two freezes that I'd overlooked......grrrrrrr!

Seems ridiculous still that I can't rely on PD10 to output 7 mins or so of finished project without freezing things up.....

Appreciate all help and support I've had on here.

Can anyone stick their neck out and say 'It's yer video card'

Tony looked at my diagnostics file and mentioned my Radeon card as being below par. At the moment, I'd willingly pay for an upgrade if I had any confidence that it would do the trick! The meek shall inherit the earth, if that's ok with everyone else....
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Please remind us what exactly your video card and PC is. Win 10, i7
Loveclose [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry!!

Was doin' just that as I'd forgotten to add that slightly important info!!

Radeon HD 5450

Be as cruel as yer like, I know it's low end by comparison to others. I just thought that being a 1gig card and an HD one to boot, it should do the job.

If an upgrade is advised, can anyone recommend an upgrade that's not going to burn a massive hole, or is that wishful thinking on my part??!! The meek shall inherit the earth, if that's ok with everyone else....
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Are you running with release 11.12 of the ATI catalyst ? Win 10, i7
Loveclose [Avatar]
[Post New]
Don't think so, updated my driver a week or so ago, again after downloading the diag file.

The driver I was using prior to my driver upgrade was well out of date.....

I'm not using Hardware Accelerator on anything ATM.....

Thanks for your interest. The meek shall inherit the earth, if that's ok with everyone else....
Loveclose [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thought I'd attach a fresh Diag file......
 Filename
LovecloseDxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
39 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
276 time(s)
The meek shall inherit the earth, if that's ok with everyone else....
All vodi
[Post New]
HA (hardware acc) actually can add problems in rendering. However, what you actually see on your PC is determined by the graphics card. Your PC should be able to handle the project at hand. Win 10, i7
babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
It is always better to upgrade hardware so that it is a bit future proof to catch geometrical progress in software.
If i were you I would have
8 core CPU
2 TB HDD
32 GB RAM
1 to 3 GIgs of Video card ( I use NVidia 560 Ti)
24" LED Display ( LED has better response time and better contrast ratio
PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
MB - AS rock Z77 extreme 11
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
Gskill 32 GB RAM 1800 Mhz
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti
BenQ 22" LCD monitor 1920x1080

Loveclose [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for all replies.

Given the randomness of the video freezing - and it happens at different points in the render every time - I can only assume that my PC is conflicting software wise with PD10 or it's not up to the job of large scale projects.

Pleased to see BabIndia's 2T HD. Have one of those too, and I was wondering whether the slightly slower rpm speed may be having an impact....

The joys of video editing....! The meek shall inherit the earth, if that's ok with everyone else....