Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
ReRun of first effort
Loveclose [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 20, 2012 08:49 Messages: 76 Offline
[Post New]
Hi gang,

After four attempts to clear erratic video freezes in first BD production (and subsequent file only burns), I'm erasing the project, and going to restitch it all from scratch to see if I clear anything I did previously that caused the problems.

I'm going to give the following info which I'd like comments on in case there's something I'm unaware of. Comments like 'don't do this' are helpful if you can also explain why!! Here goes...

1) Production has MTS video files
2) Production also has still camera shots between MTS files
3) Using audio from my iTunes library as complement to still shots
4) Trying to cut down on some trasitions in case they are the cause of video freezing post transition
5) Am using some basic transitions between still shot and next video clip
6) Manual audio fade ins and outs on both video and audio clips
7) Reloaded previous video clips that had the freeze frames in them post production
Will burn to file first. The meek shall inherit the earth, if that's ok with everyone else....
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Loveclose -

That process all sounds fine, though I'm not sure exactly what you mean by 7) Reloaded previous video clips that had the freeze frames in them post production.

Have you tried the suggestion Cap'n Kevin made here http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/21993.page#117445 - using imgburn (or other dedicated burn software) to create the disc? Just check "Create a Folder" & uncheck "Burn to Disc" - then use the folder in imgburn or Power2Go or whatever software you choose.

... and YES - producing the video first (in your preferred output format) and using the produced file in the final burn project will help to eliminate the possibility of the freeze frames you've previously experienced.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Loveclose [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 20, 2012 08:49 Messages: 76 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tony,

Deleted clips that had previously been worked with, and replaced them with fresh copies from the cam. I just wondered if somehow I had corrupted any of the video files somehow.

I did do a burn to file only on the previous project, but the freeze frames appeared in that, too.

But will go that way from scratch this time....!

Thanks Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 01. 2012 16:02

The meek shall inherit the earth, if that's ok with everyone else....