Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks, wonder why PD doesn't offer the VOB format since I think all players can handle that? In any case I'm
still having trouble getting my arms around all the formats, containers, etc. Sure is complicated. Even more confusing than trying to
select a toothpaste.
Exactly the reason. I wanted to make a DVD to send to a PAL country. Didn't realize exo-US players played both. So the PAL option on format selection is really meaningless.
Does Cyberlink convert NTSC to PAL or vice versa?
Why is it that I can record 4 hours of video on my DVR on a single disk, but when I go to Cyberlink and edit some material out I can't fit it on one disk even with Smart Fit? What does Smart Fit do anyway? Thanks
a. Using MediaInfo I find the files have a 29.97 (not 29.7) FPS even though I had selected PAL for the video format. Does that mean PD ignored the selection?

b. Unfortunately the program pay attention to that number and rejects the create disk attempt.

c. And I had selected the LP (minimum) quality too.
I have two clips, each 45 minutes long and when rendered produce files each about 1.2GB

a. I want to send these clips to friends in Europe so I rendered them in PAL. I got
a warning message that my input was 25 frames and I was asking for 29.7. Is Cyberlink
converting? After I burned the disc I tried playing it on my NTSC machine and I was
first, surprised it worked and secondly it seemed to play fine. Did I in fact burn a PAL
disk?

b. When I went to create the disk the icon in the left corner said I would have a
59xx GB output. Obviously, that would not fit on the 4.7 GB DVD. How did the total
get so large? Fortunately, Smart Fit solved the problem. What does smart fit do?

c. Similarily I have 3 clips of 40 minutes each that I recorded off the air on one DVD. How
come after I edit, even with smart fit, I can't get them to fit on one disk?

Is there a way to default the music selection to None?

Thanks
I agree with 90% of the above. Cyberlink is a pretty easy to use program
except for the menu designer which is obtuse and very user unfriendly.
The user manual description reads well but implementation is not logical.
And the tutorials don't really get into the nitty gritty tricky parts.

In the workspace area a number of templates are present and I see the
top edge of more at the bottom but the scroll doesn't work.

Get rid of the word "scenes". It doesn't fit. Use "Titles" like the commercial
world does. At the same time in the Edit module change "Title" to "Clip
Title" so the difference is apparent.

Give more freedom to place objects anywhere. Provide alignment tools like
snap to grid.

Provide a no thumbnail option. Text only is good enough for me and on one
page. I unchecked thumbnail index but nothing changed.

After making some sample templates I have ended up with multiple entries
in the workspace all with the same name. How can that be? I would think
I should get a "name in use, do you want to replace?" message. I can't
figure out how the slider bar can be used without seeing what it is sliding
across.

When I preview "scenes" I get music even though it is turned off. ????

And as Carl point out, the result should conform to the standard remote
button layout.

I think my concept would be to throw out the place keeper concept, start at blank
screen, select action to be performed, place location for action, select text and
attributes, go to next action. Select background, preview and save.
Thanks Carl, I find the menu designer bizarre and not straight forward at all. You can change font, size, spacing, etc but not the text in the "place holder" entry. Of course the user manual is not helpful. Yes, you have to save the template, apply and then you can change the text. Seems way too complicated
PD10. Trying to design a custom menu. Get the default screen "My Videos" "item 1", etc. Can't figure out how to delete that text so I
can put in my own. No problem in a supplied template but not in custom. Am I having a stupid day? Thanks
"You say the program runs even after you've uninstalled it in Add/Remove? " No, Add/Remove didn't work (see first message) and the Cleaner only removed the listing from the Add/Remove list not any of the program files. Therefore was still able to run program. See you're from Aust. Had a great time there 14 months ago. Primary reason was sailing in the Whitsundays but spent another 10 days roaming around the eastern part of the country including Sydney of course. Sure has gotten expensive since my last visit in 1965.

Will try the other suggested methods.
However, the cleaner is worthless. After less than a second of operation the program reported Uninstall is Complete, but all the files still exist including the registry and the icon still works. BUT the program is no longer listed in the control panel-add/remove. Some cleaner..... Can I install PD8 again and then work back?
It is definitely still installed. The program runs when I click on the icon and I have 750MB worth of files in Application Data and Program files
upgraded to PD10. Now trying to uninstall PD8 by using control panel, add/remove. First strange message: "Cyberlink Power Director was detected on your system. Please uninstall first. do you want to uninstall? Y/N" After Yes, second strange message "Error: Product definitation file lost. Ok" (Yes, that is their spelling of definition). How do I get rid of 750MB of PD8?
found settings were too high. as soon as I brought them down the size of the file dropped dramatically. Didn't need a folder. Couldn't figure out how to do that to begin with. Turns out in PD10 you have to select burn first then you have the option disc or folder. Also your terminology may be more appropriate with another version. The sequence in 10 is Create Disc, select 2D disc. Under Disk Format, four formats are presented. Capacity options are presented when your select one. Then select your video and audio settings in part 2. Then select Burn to further select the drive and final options (disc or folder)
I did try it and PD said the project did not record. Chances are it reads its own calculation and thinks there is not enough space. Windows Express indicates the file is only 1.7GB and using Nero I was able to transfer it to DVD successfully. Notorious is right. Wonder why tell don't fix the bug. I was able to play the result on another computer but not on a DVD player. Don't DVD players recognize mpg2? Happy Holidays
I recorded an hour program on my DVR. I copied into PD10 and edited the program down to 37 minutes. When I
produced, the MPG2 file was over 5 GB and will not fit on a DVD. How did it get so large and what can I do? Thanks
thanks muchly I appreciate PD is a very powerful program but being a numbie I'm having a
slow time getting acquainted with all the features even with the "you tubes", etc
DVD format is VOB or VRO. How do I get a Mediainfo listing? And how do I activate a "Smart Fit"?
My DVR can record 8 hours of video on a 4.7Gb disc. Can I burn to disc in Cyberlink the same amount?
In a related question when I produce can I know in advance how may Gb will be generated with a given profile? Thanks
thanks, power director is a fascinating program but they don't make it easy to find help for things. Is it the
bit rate that allows me to set my DVR for eight hours of programming on a nominal two hour DVD?
Go to: