Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
general questions
PeteS [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Maryland, USA Joined: Oct 18, 2011 14:17 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
I have two clips, each 45 minutes long and when rendered produce files each about 1.2GB

a. I want to send these clips to friends in Europe so I rendered them in PAL. I got
a warning message that my input was 25 frames and I was asking for 29.7. Is Cyberlink
converting? After I burned the disc I tried playing it on my NTSC machine and I was
first, surprised it worked and secondly it seemed to play fine. Did I in fact burn a PAL
disk?

b. When I went to create the disk the icon in the left corner said I would have a
59xx GB output. Obviously, that would not fit on the 4.7 GB DVD. How did the total
get so large? Fortunately, Smart Fit solved the problem. What does smart fit do?

c. Similarily I have 3 clips of 40 minutes each that I recorded off the air on one DVD. How
come after I edit, even with smart fit, I can't get them to fit on one disk?

Is there a way to default the music selection to None?

Thanks
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
b. The estimate is usually wrong. It's a known issue with PD.

C. Probably a higher bitrate making the file bigger than the original video file.

a. Many newer machines will play NTSC and PAL. Download media info (free program) and it will tell you the frame rate and resolution. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
PeteS [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Maryland, USA Joined: Oct 18, 2011 14:17 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
a. Using MediaInfo I find the files have a 29.97 (not 29.7) FPS even though I had selected PAL for the video format. Does that mean PD ignored the selection?

b. Unfortunately the program pay attention to that number and rejects the create disk attempt.

c. And I had selected the LP (minimum) quality too.