Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Menu Designer - a feedback request for improvement
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Hi traney1

Welcome to the volunteer forum

Great comment.

As the members on this forum do not work for Cyberlink the Forum Moderator has created a thread for suggestions on the Create Disc Menu Designer.

If you wish to partake in these suggestion please use the link below - thanks

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/22604.page

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 03. 2012 19:26

Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

amstec1 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Essex UK Joined: Apr 01, 2012 04:19 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
i would like to be able to put text anywhere, i think subtitiles and titles need updating too windows 7 x64
PD10 Ultra x64, Build 1703
C L Media show 5
PeteS [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Maryland, USA Joined: Oct 18, 2011 14:17 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
I agree with 90% of the above. Cyberlink is a pretty easy to use program
except for the menu designer which is obtuse and very user unfriendly.
The user manual description reads well but implementation is not logical.
And the tutorials don't really get into the nitty gritty tricky parts.

In the workspace area a number of templates are present and I see the
top edge of more at the bottom but the scroll doesn't work.

Get rid of the word "scenes". It doesn't fit. Use "Titles" like the commercial
world does. At the same time in the Edit module change "Title" to "Clip
Title" so the difference is apparent.

Give more freedom to place objects anywhere. Provide alignment tools like
snap to grid.

Provide a no thumbnail option. Text only is good enough for me and on one
page. I unchecked thumbnail index but nothing changed.

After making some sample templates I have ended up with multiple entries
in the workspace all with the same name. How can that be? I would think
I should get a "name in use, do you want to replace?" message. I can't
figure out how the slider bar can be used without seeing what it is sliding
across.

When I preview "scenes" I get music even though it is turned off. ????

And as Carl point out, the result should conform to the standard remote
button layout.

I think my concept would be to throw out the place keeper concept, start at blank
screen, select action to be performed, place location for action, select text and
attributes, go to next action. Select background, preview and save.
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
All I want is to have only the front end menu as default and if you want the back end menu it is added with a simple check box. No chapter boxes unless you want to add them. I only need a menu to put the video on hold until you hit the play button. Which is the only button I want on the basic menu window. Thats why I use some one else s menu program when I need one. __________________________________________
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
tetzy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 03, 2012 03:00 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
My apologies if I'm missing something here - I'm new and utterly flummoxed by the menu designer. So far, even the simplest things like adding a one color background are completely baffling to me.

My suggestions are all quite simple:

1: Please, make the options more obvious. The icons are okay, but they're not clear and certainly not friendly to new users.

2: Allow for the creation of easy/basic menus. 9 times out of 10 all I want is a simple one color background with a selectable number of file preview windows and arrows for navigation back/forward. Nothing more.

3: In the Menu Designer window, allow us to delete (via keyboard - its much easier) every element shown - ie: "My Videos", "Item 1", "Item 2", "Item 3" etc.

4: Don't assume every user wants a root menu page - I want to put the disc in and immediately see the files on the disc. Give us the option to do so and again, make it obvious.

Thank you.
Mega6 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 03, 2012 19:54 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I have successfully created movies with menus, so I feel like I understand how to use the program's menu creator pretty well. These comments are about the level of difficulty creating custom menus in PowerDirector 10. Basically, the interface is confusing and cumbersome: a labyrinth of of "special" windows and hidden places you have to go to do the simplest things. I want to be able to create a simple menu with a background picture, a title and "play" as text (no buttons). I don't want additional chapter menu pages, or chapter thumbnails. And I hate that every time I save when I'm in the edit mode, I have to wait for the program to save the chapter thumbnails that I don't want. More than once the program froze saving those thumbnails. I want to be able to easily position my title and play text where I want it. When I modify a custom menu, "save" is the same as "save as" - it prompts me to save the modified menu as a new menu everytime- this is infuriating! So, to start, if these concerns got addressed, I would appreciate it greatly. Thanks.
Charles [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 26, 2011 08:21 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Yes I'd like just text menus without preview (boxes) windows. It would look more professional to just have text menu capabilities.
GazzaT63 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: UK Joined: Jun 20, 2012 08:06 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all

Feedback: When you 'Modify' a disc menu and click 'Save', you are required to 'Save As'. The result is endless versions of a menu with the same name, all existing on one page. I have tried to delete the menus that I did not want but they do not delete.

CL should either do the job properly or sub it out to a company that can be bothered to create a useable, intuative authoring suite. I cannot believe that they put their name to it.
SteveNZ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 02, 2012 23:25 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Totally agree with last poster. Please fix the Save function on Menu Designer. Why have a Save As button when the existing Save does the same thing.

I thought there was something wrong with my install.

Apart from that it's a great product.
John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 05, 2012 12:58 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Lets face it, while the main video editing is very good and easy to use, the whole create/edit menu area is an unmitigated disaster which is guaranteed to frustrate and annoy anyone who goes anywhere near it.

My suggestion is to pull it and start again with some sound pre-planning this time. Produce something that is clear, practical and has fluency, connectivity and flexibility of operation.