Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
missing delete
PeteS [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Maryland, USA Joined: Oct 18, 2011 14:17 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
PD10. Trying to design a custom menu. Get the default screen "My Videos" "item 1", etc. Can't figure out how to delete that text so I
can put in my own. No problem in a supplied template but not in custom. Am I having a stupid day? Thanks
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Have you just tried to type over that text with your own and then delete the extra characters that you don't need? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: PD10. Trying to design a custom menu. Get the default screen "My Videos" "item 1", etc. Can't figure out how to delete that text so I
can put in my own. No problem in a supplied template but not in custom. Am I having a stupid day? Thanks

Those are place holders, you do not want to change them in the Menu Designer.

Those items become something else in the menu screen where you can edit the text.

Just save the template and try your new design in the normal Menu screen.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 03. 2012 11:00

PeteS [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Maryland, USA Joined: Oct 18, 2011 14:17 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Carl, I find the menu designer bizarre and not straight forward at all. You can change font, size, spacing, etc but not the text in the "place holder" entry. Of course the user manual is not helpful. Yes, you have to save the template, apply and then you can change the text. Seems way too complicated
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks Carl, I find the menu designer bizarre and not straight forward at all. You can change font, size, spacing, etc but not the text in the "place holder" entry. Of course the user manual is not helpful. Yes, you have to save the template, apply and then you can change the text. Seems way too complicated

It is complicated.

You might want to add your comments to this thread.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/22604.page

The details of the Cyberlink menu system is here:
http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/product-tutorial/enu/powerdirector/7/menudesigntips.jsp

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.