Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
In previous versions, the preview music had a lot of bags. I would like to know if Cyberlink has fixed the errors.
Read here.

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/77281.page#316296
With the new version 19 (Sep 2020) I would like to know if the bugs of the DISK MENU SECTION in particular the playback of the preview and the setting of the duration of the background music have been solved.
Malfunctions reported several times and with promises of repairs from the assistance.
Quote Here's an update hoping it helps someone else out there with the same problem.

I started a new project a few days ago and when I imported the video files, I noticed that once again, the audio waveforms were not being displayed. But I started editing anyway (because I needed to get the project done).

What I discovered is that when I made a small trim on an audio waveform that was not being displayed, after I finished the trim, the trimmed waveform displayed!

I used this process on ALL of the waveforms that were not initially displayed. For ALL of the waveform, once I completed a small trim, ALL of the waveforms instantly displayed.

Hope this helps.
I am interested in your discovery.
But I didn't quite understand how you did it.
Can you explain in detail? Thank you
PREPARE THE AUDIO FOR DVD AND MP4
Objective: to have a correct Volume through Normalization with Audacity
have proper Compression with Audacity
have a Noise Reduction with Audacity

Extract from PD the audio to be processed in Wav format PCM profile at 512 Kbps
Import it into Audacity and after highlighting it open Effects and then Normalize with values of - 1 or -2 db. If there were large differences in volume, they can be mitigated with the compression that we always find in Effects
If necessary always in Effects we find the Noise Reduction fan rustling type
At this point you can export to PD as a .wav 16 bit PCM and replace the original audio with the new modified.
Quote Here is a link concerning the 2nd problem that the OP inquired. The Scenes background menu duration here is 1 min. 22 sec. Duration with motion thumbnails: https://youtu.be/X18gbeVSI64 .

Bonagege post questions repeatedly about PowerDirector Menus and is very contempt about them. Regardless of the answer he sees in the forums he has to add his two cents every time on PowerDirector and those who replies in the PD Forums. Link: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/77281.page . It does seem that the particular support individual or technician may not be giving him the right answer any time he contacts them!! Tech support needs to do better so users can be happy....
For Tomasc,
to read your answer I have to use an automatic translator, that's why I didn't understand the meaning correctly.
The fact remains that Cyberlink has not fixed the bug, so customer care is poor.
2- Concerning the title bacground music, it's fixed at 19 seconds and I am unable to modify its lenght. For the root background music it's allright but not for the title background music.<br style="text-align: left; color: #000000; text-transform: none; text-indent: 0px; letter-spacing: normal; font-family: 'Segoe UI', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-weight: 400; word-spacing: 0px; white-space: normal; orphans: 2; widows: 2; background-color: #e7f4fe; font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color: initial;" />Any suggestion ?

The problem of the inability to change the duration of the menu preview music has been reported several times.
Personally, I have forwarded a report to support. They replied that they would remove the bug.
After 2 years they did nothing. I have no longer updated.
I solved it by buying Sony DVD ARCHITECT now Magix.

Surprise, surprise - a moderator is awake!!!

Moderator (sundry definitions!):

"someone who makes certain that a formal discussion happens without problems and follows the rules"

"someone who tries to help other people come to an agreement"

"someone whose job is to control a discussion or an argument between people"

"Essentially, it is the duty of the moderator to manage the day-to-day affairs of a forum or board as it applies to the stream of user contributions and interactions."

"The person who runs a group discussion or focus group. She or he is responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the discussion, managing the group process and dynamics, and introducing relevant issues and ideas for response by the group"

So we as mods read every post, check every link and remove all spam and other questionable links. We edit very selectively to make a few posts or topics more understandable and less problematic for a global membership. We also monitor issues reported, and problems that individuals have that cannot or have not been answered by the community, we direct individuals who have particular problems towards solutions and, from time to time, we involve members of the community in researching particular issues for the greater good.

We cannot act as CL developers, as CL Customer Service or CL Technical Service. We have some linkages into CL to draw attention to serious or wide issues if they are reported on the forum, but we do not form part of any formal CL team or process for such issues.

We are charged with maintaining the forum rules and ettiqette, weeding out spam and irrelevant posts, allowing members to interact positively and to ensure each and every member of the community feels comfortable with participating.

As to issues resolved, we are constantly surprised at how often members post on the forum but don't engage fully (even when asked individually) with CL Customer Service. Yes, there may be some difficulties from time to time, but without engaging fully how can a resolution to an issue be found by CL (or even by other members) when requests for information are ignored.

So rest assured, we mods are not asleep but our remit is not to solve user's problems directly, what we can do is facilitate users to communicate positively to help each other and, from time to time, perhaps raise particular issues with CL where appropriate.

PDM
I'm glad someone from Taiwan is awake and I thank him for the answer.
The activity of linking the moderator with CL is important.
From CL we are waiting for the solution of the problems of malfunctions generated by the CL itself.
For example, I have been waiting for years for the duration of DVD preview music to be changed, they asked me for a thousand info and then silence.
Obviously we are all poorly listened to, customer care only exists in advertising
Greetings.
What do the moderator and CyberLink do? They sleep! It's been years and the bugs remain.
The menu music duration is also set to 13 sec. and cannot be changed.
The report is 10 years ago. The support had promised to remove the defect.
I will not update anymore.
Menus have a lot of flaws: difficulty in formulation, slow and unstable preview, non-editable music duration, etc ...
It is the biggest criticism made by customers.
Cyberlink has never listened to the suggestions.
I solved by switching to Sony ARCHITECT DVD.
I don't think that with the new edition 18, which usually comes out in September, we'll be heard.
Menus are the worst part of the program.We have repeatedly been asked to redesign it completely, we have never been heard.Even the duration of the music is not manageable.To solve, I bought DVD ARCHITECT, easy, perfect.
This is a bug. The default music lasts 14 sec. 99 sec only on the "main menu" page.
I understood, in the future I will resume digitally progressive.
Thank you. I greet you.
Files have a familiar content and are intended for storage.
In the future they will be played on HD TV.
Perhaps this is why PD chose PROGRESSIVO as a preset?
Afterediting interlaced Pal files, if you choose in PRODUCE files with
extension H 264 - MP4 the presets have a scan profile of the PROGRESSIVEtype.

Alternatively, you need to build a customized profile with a INTERLACED setting.

Which of these options is the most correct?
For OPTODATA
My original video is composed of several clips (file H 264 M2TS-Pal-16 Mbps-AVC 1920x1080-25 fps- Dolby audio 256 Kbps),
Svrt suggests this same profile.
My question is: it is advisable to store the M2TS or MP4 container.
I think I have read that MP4 is a more widespread and flexible standard. Is that it?
Thank you, we are close to you for the tragic fire.
Given that my camera generates AVC files H 264 M2TS Pal 16Mbps 1920x1080 25fps to Dolby 256 Kbps audio,
I wonder what the best setting for archiving is.
In Produce I can select AVC H264 with the options: M2TS, MP4, MKV.
In MP4 presets it is only Progressive, setting "Custom" can also set interlaced.
I'd like to hear from you.
Very interesting. Now it's all clear. Thank you
To better understand my question, I enclose this screenshot.
Athin green line appears on the timeline at the top of the clip,
superimposed on the black line that did not exist in previous versions.
I think if it were inserted, it should have a function that I can not find.
Hi TDK1044
I thank you for the answer. I did some tests but I did not achieve any results.
Perhaps reading the manual I will be easier to understand.
You could indicate to me in which page the topic is treated.
Thank you, I greet you.
Go to: