Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 16 menu creation
PeterDB [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Adelaide Joined: Jun 11, 2018 00:32 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I am new to Power Director 16 having previously used Magix (formerly Sony) Vegas software.
I find the Menu creation very difficult and the video's on the Cyberlink web pages are out of date and do not cover all I need to know,
For instance when i Create my own menu I cannot find how to create more Chapeter per page,
I found out how to put more Buttong per page but these to not relete to the Chapters I have created .
Please Cyberlink do a comprehensive video on fully creating a menu

I downloaded and printed out the whole Manual but even that is far to complicated and not well written for instance on page 419 it shows how to Add menu button but not haw to link them to the chapers and put more buttons per page as the default seems to be only 3 buttons (Chapters per page

I think really the whole menu part of Director 16 needs modifyinh as the Magix Vegas is so much easier.
Please Help
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote For instance when i Create my own menu I cannot find how to create more Chapeter per page,
I found out how to put more Buttong per page but these to not relete to the Chapters I have created .
Please Cyberlink do a comprehensive video on fully creating a menu

In the Titles/Chapter menu page What happens when you click the Add menu button 13 times? Tell us why you think these buttons does not relate to the chapters you have created. I get 14 useable thumbnails/text for 14 chapters per menu page.

This tutorial may be of help to some users: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRYhQw-RJgk .
PeterDB [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the reply
I must be doing something wrong then because when i added buttons and went to the next screen to modify text/ background etc the buttons did not show?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The 13 added thumbnails/text show up on the top left stacked on top of each other with the number 14 on mine if you unchecked Auto align. This allows you to place then where you want on the page. If you toggle the Auto align button on the top then all 14-chapter thumbnails/text will automatically be resized and perfectly aligned on the page for you. Try it.
PeterDB [Avatar]
[Post New]
I solved the problem
I had added the extra chapers (buttons) on the root manu not on the chapters menu,

What is the root menu for
I assume it does not show on the finished DVD
Bad wolf [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 16, 2019 11:50 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
I am also having difficulty with designing a chapters menu. I cannot find a way to create one from scratch. All the tutorials appear just to modify existing templates. I am looking to use an imported jpg as background with a 'play all' and 6 chapter buttons. Can anyone direct me to a decent up to date tutorial for PD17 please. I have had no trouble marking the chapters and their thumbnails, but setting up the page, sizing the thumbnails, labelling them etc is a nightmare, I eventually got something to work but not sure how with the plethora of tiny buttons, the use of which I can only guess at, and no decent help.
bonagege [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Italia, Lombardia GMT + 1 Joined: Jun 25, 2011 16:32 Messages: 187 Offline
[Post New]
Menus are the worst part of the program.We have repeatedly been asked to redesign it completely, we have never been heard.Even the duration of the music is not manageable.To solve, I bought DVD ARCHITECT, easy, perfect. W 10 64 , pc Dell XPS 8000 - core i7 2,8 GHz--ram 6 MB--GEFORCE GTX 1050TI 4GB - SSD 256 + 2x630--area Pal
Videocam: Panasonic SD 700 avchd
Pinnacle 14 - PD 9-13-17
Bad wolf [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 16, 2019 11:50 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
Does DVD architect support surround sound 5.1 or 7.1?