Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Green line on the timeline
bonagege [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Italia, Lombardia GMT + 1 Joined: Jun 25, 2011 16:32 Messages: 187 Offline
[Post New]
Above the video and photo clips In the timeline, when you select, a thin green line appears.
Does anyone know what it indicates? Thank you and goodbye. W 10 64 , pc Dell XPS 8000 - core i7 2,8 GHz--ram 6 MB--GEFORCE GTX 1050TI 4GB - SSD 256 + 2x630--area Pal
Videocam: Panasonic SD 700 avchd
Pinnacle 14 - PD 9-13-17
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Above the video and photo clips In the timeline, when you select, a thin green line appears.
Does anyone know what it indicates? Thank you and goodbye.

It's a timeline marker. It allows you to very accurately mark a part of the timeline for a number of reasons. You can place the green line exactly where you want the timeline marker, and then right click on your clip and select 'Add Timeline marker'. A text box appears to allow you to make a note relative to your marker. A blue marker line will then be present on your timeline, and hovering over it will display the text that you entered. The marker also creates a snap to line if needed.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 15. 2018 07:55

bonagege [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Italia, Lombardia GMT + 1 Joined: Jun 25, 2011 16:32 Messages: 187 Offline
[Post New]
Hi TDK1044
I thank you for the answer. I did some tests but I did not achieve any results.
Perhaps reading the manual I will be easier to understand.
You could indicate to me in which page the topic is treated.
Thank you, I greet you. W 10 64 , pc Dell XPS 8000 - core i7 2,8 GHz--ram 6 MB--GEFORCE GTX 1050TI 4GB - SSD 256 + 2x630--area Pal
Pinnacle 14 - PD 9-13-17
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi TDK1044
I thank you for the answer. I did some tests but I did not achieve any results.
Perhaps reading the manual I will be easier to understand.
You could indicate to me in which page the topic is treated.
Thank you, I greet you.

Hi, check this video out........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyCsddPfLQ8&t=172s
bonagege [Avatar]
[Post New]
To better understand my question, I enclose this screenshot.
Athin green line appears on the timeline at the top of the clip,
superimposed on the black line that did not exist in previous versions.
I think if it were inserted, it should have a function that I can not find.
[Thumb - Screenshot (15).png]
 Filename
Screenshot (15).png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
606 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
75 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 16. 2018 04:41

W 10 64 , pc Dell XPS 8000 - core i7 2,8 GHz--ram 6 MB--GEFORCE GTX 1050TI 4GB - SSD 256 + 2x630--area Pal
Pinnacle 14 - PD 9-13-17
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote To better understand my question, I enclose this screenshot.
Athin green line appears on the timeline at the top of the clip,
superimposed on the black line that did not exist in previous versions.
I think if it were inserted, it should have a function that I can not find.

Hi,
It is the opacity rubber band. In PDR17 it functions the same way as the audio rubber band. Press the ctrl key to activate the keyframe function.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator.

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
bonagege [Avatar]
[Post New]
Very interesting. Now it's all clear. Thank you W 10 64 , pc Dell XPS 8000 - core i7 2,8 GHz--ram 6 MB--GEFORCE GTX 1050TI 4GB - SSD 256 + 2x630--area Pal
Pinnacle 14 - PD 9-13-17