Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't get Fade Out to work when setting background music for DVD menu
Hankster65
Newbie Location: Kettering, OH Joined: Dec 04, 2018 09:19 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
Windows 10 PD 17.0.2314.1

I can't seem to get the Fade Out option to work when setting up the background music on a disc menu. I set the option but the short music clip (which I have set to loop) ends abruptly each time. Is this a bug or is this newby missing something somewhere?
[Thumb - Fade out prob.JPG]
 Filename
Fade out prob.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
135 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
In that Playback mode button, you can change the music up to 99 seconds in duration instead of the default 21 seconds since that music clip is 4 min. 15 sec. long. You probably don’t need the Fade in checked unless the music starts loud and abruptly.

Let us know if this works out better.
bonagege [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Italia, Lombardia GMT + 1 Joined: Jun 25, 2011 16:32 Messages: 187 Offline
[Post New]
This is a bug. The default music lasts 14 sec. 99 sec only on the "main menu" page. W 10 64 , pc Dell XPS 8000 - core i7 2,8 GHz--ram 6 MB--GEFORCE GTX 1050TI 4GB - SSD 256 + 2x630--area Pal
Videocam: Panasonic SD 700 avchd
Pinnacle 14 - PD 9-13-17
Hankster65
[Post New]
I appreciate the responses but I think I need to add a few details to clarify my problem.

21 seconds is exactly how long I want the audio to play before looping. It is doing that part exactly right on my main menu and the secondary "scenes" menu. The problem is that it is not FADING OUT. (I don't care about Fading In, you're right, that's not needed.)

At 21 seconds the music abrubtly quits and loops to the beginning. By the way, I've set the duration on the Playback Mode Settings menu to various lenghts from 21 to 99 seconds and that setting does not seem to have any effect on getting the dad gum Fade Out to work.

Again, thanks for the responses.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I have had problems in the past using old menus with mp3 audio. If you look in the Audio folders in the Cyberlink PD17 supplied menus they are in the more reliable wma format. I have use mp3 music myself but convert them to wav and trim them using an Audio editor before using them in a PD menu. Some mp3 audio with the highly compressed variable bit rate causes havoc in PowerDirector if not converted.

The mp3 can be converted with PD17 to wav or wma the normal way with PD17.
Hankster65
[Post New]
Quote I have had problems in the past using old menus with mp3 audio. If you look in the Audio folders in the Cyberlink PD17 supplied menus they are in the more reliable wma format. I have use mp3 music myself but convert them to wav and trim them using an Audio editor before using them in a PD menu. Some mp3 audio with the highly compressed variable bit rate causes havoc in PowerDirector if not converted.

The mp3 can be converted with PD17 to wav or wma the normal way with PD17.

Thanks for the suggestion. I converted it to a wav file but unfortunately I'm still not getting a Fade Out. Also, I tried it as a wma file. Again, no dice. I guess I'll do an end around and simply edit my own little 21 second clip with a fade. A Mickey Mouse solution, though.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 22. 2018 12:02

If you don't take joy in the snow you'll have less joy in your life and the same amount of snow.