Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Menu Designer issue
Yuri10 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 01, 2020 22:17 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Good day everyone,
I have two problems inside Menu Designer and I would like to know if it happens only to me or is an existing problem:
1- After creating my custom menu from scratch, everytime I select <motion menu> and then <save template>, the system crashes
2- Concerning the title bacground music, it's fixed at 19 seconds and I am unable to modify its lenght. For the root background music it's allright but not for the title background music.
Any suggestion ?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Good day everyone,
I have two problems inside Menu Designer and I would like to know if it happens only to me or is an existing problem:
1- After creating my custom menu from scratch, everytime I select and then , the system crashes
2- Concerning the title bacground music, it's fixed at 19 seconds and I am unable to modify its lenght. For the root background music it's allright but not for the title background music.
Any suggestion ?

1. I don't know where this is in menu designer that you select 'motion menu' before you save the template. Could you or someone show or explain where it is in the PD18 menu designer.

2. In the Titles/Chapters Menu/Set Background image or video choose a video which has the duration that you want say 1.5 min., 1 min., 30 sec., etc. and that will be the length of the background music in the Titles/Chapters menu.

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Yuri10 -

Is this the Motion Menu option you mean?

If so, I can confirm that selecting "Zoom" (haven't checked the others) causes PDR to crash when you go to save the template.

Help file reference - https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdirector/18/enu/index.html

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 15. 2020 06:58

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Yuri10 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Yuri10 -
Thanks Tony for your reply, Yes this is the option I was talking about, in my case I had selected PAN and the same result. In that case I am gonna submit this issue to Cyberlink to be fixed in the next version, together we can improve this product.
Thanks again,

Is this the Motion Menu option you mean?

If so, I can confirm that selecting "Zoom" (haven't checked the others) causes PDR to crash when you go to save the template.

Help file reference - https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdirector/18/enu/index.html

Cheers - Tony
Yuri10 [Avatar]
[Post New]

1. I don't know where this is in menu designer that you select 'motion menu' before you save the template. Could you or someone show or explain where it is in the PD18 menu designer.

2. In the Titles/Chapters Menu/Set Background image or video choose a video which has the duration that you want say 1.5 min., 1 min., 30 sec., etc. and that will be the length of the background music in the Titles/Chapters menu.

Thanks for your reply, below s.o. replied including a print screen with the details, it seems to be an existing problem. Thank you again for your reply.

Yuri
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Yuri -

I've checked the other menu motion options... Pan, Zoom, Pan & Zoom, and Random... and applying any of these causes PDR to crash when you attempt to save the template.

Oddly, the couple of tests I did before resulted in two "saved" menus (without names). Attempting to modify these causes the same crash.

This will need to be reported to CL, I think.

A workaround would be to create a short video containg the pan/zoom effect required & use that as the menu background.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote In that case I am gonna submit this issue to Cyberlink to be fixed in the next version, together we can improve this product.

This is something that actually should be fixed with an update for the current version!

I get the same crash even when clicking on OK to save the changes to an existing menu (not when saving it as a new template) after changing the No Motion setting.

Please add the URL of this forum thread to your support ticket so that tech support can see the additional info here. You may also want to post back with the ticket number. It will start with "CS"

Here is the event log from my crash:

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 3/15/2020 10:52:42 AM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: TachyonIII
Description:
Faulting application name: PDR.exe, version: 18.1.2405.0, time stamp: 0x5de8c9e8
Faulting module name: MSVCR110.dll, version: 11.0.50727.1, time stamp: 0x5011a017
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000000000006d75f
Faulting process id: 0x54d4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5faf15d071aa2
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector18\PDR.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCR110.dll
Report Id: 08d8c9bb-dec7-450d-addf-af5d00e0ba0b
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Yuri10 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for your reply. I am going to submit this issue to be fixed including the URL as you suggested. Thank you again

Yuri

Quote This is something that actually should be fixed with an update for the current version!

I get the same crash even when clicking on OK to save the changes to an existing menu (not when saving it as a new template) after changing the No Motion setting.

Please add the URL of this forum thread to your support ticket so that tech support can see the additional info here. You may also want to post back with the ticket number. It will start with "CS"

Here is the event log from my crash:

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 3/15/2020 10:52:42 AM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: TachyonIII
Description:
Faulting application name: PDR.exe, version: 18.1.2405.0, time stamp: 0x5de8c9e8
Faulting module name: MSVCR110.dll, version: 11.0.50727.1, time stamp: 0x5011a017
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000000000006d75f
Faulting process id: 0x54d4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5faf15d071aa2
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector18\PDR.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCR110.dll
Report Id: 08d8c9bb-dec7-450d-addf-af5d00e0ba0b
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 16. 2020 04:56

bonagege [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Italia, Lombardia GMT + 1 Joined: Jun 25, 2011 16:32 Messages: 187 Offline
[Post New]
2- Concerning the title bacground music, it's fixed at 19 seconds and I am unable to modify its lenght. For the root background music it's allright but not for the title background music.<br style="text-align: left; color: #000000; text-transform: none; text-indent: 0px; letter-spacing: normal; font-family: 'Segoe UI', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-weight: 400; word-spacing: 0px; white-space: normal; orphans: 2; widows: 2; background-color: #e7f4fe; font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color: initial;" />Any suggestion ?

The problem of the inability to change the duration of the menu preview music has been reported several times.
Personally, I have forwarded a report to support. They replied that they would remove the bug.
After 2 years they did nothing. I have no longer updated.
I solved it by buying Sony DVD ARCHITECT now Magix. W 10 64 , pc Dell XPS 8000 - core i7 2,8 GHz--ram 6 MB--GEFORCE GTX 1050TI 4GB - SSD 256 + 2x630--area Pal
Videocam: Panasonic SD 700 avchd
Pinnacle 14 - PD 9-13-17
Yuri10 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote 2- Concerning the title bacground music, it's fixed at 19 seconds and I am unable to modify its lenght. For the root background music it's allright but not for the title background music.<br style="text-align: left; color: #000000; text-transform: none; text-indent: 0px; letter-spacing: normal; font-family: 'Segoe UI', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-weight: 400; word-spacing: 0px; white-space: normal; orphans: 2; widows: 2; background-color: #e7f4fe; font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color: initial;" />Any suggestion ?

The problem of the inability to change the duration of the menu preview music has been reported several times.
Personally, I have forwarded a report to support. They replied that they would remove the bug.
After 2 years they did nothing. I have no longer updated.
I solved it by buying Sony DVD ARCHITECT now Magix.

Thanks for the information, in my experience, every software has its problems, I've just gave up Corel Videostudio and decided to try Cyberlink, this last has few problems compared to Corel VS, so I hope this issue is gonna solved, I've submitted this issue today.
Have a great day !
Yuri
Yuri10 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Good day, as promised, here is the case number
ID de la demande: CS002125558 submitted today.
Have a nice day !
Yuri
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Also tested the Menu Designer in PD17 and PD14 with the Set Menu Motion dropdown arrow to Pan and other motions. I have the same issue in PD17 in Menu Designer when the Set Menu Motion dropdown arrow is used to select pan. Play is okay. Save As... cause PD17 to crash. Upon opening PD17 again, found that the custom menu that I was modifying is now a black square without a name. Try to modify this black square in Menu Designer cause PD17 to crash again. Reopen PD17 and try to apply the black square menu with no name and it cause PD17 to crash again.

In PD14 the Set Menu Motion works previews and saved properly. I only tested it in the Root Menu only. There are the same settings in the Title and Subtitle menu pages.

I have reported this in Ticket ID: CS002125713 .
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Well now I had to take a look at PD14 also, and everything works as expected on the Title and Subtiles pages. I can change any and all motion settings and they all save normally.

When I checked in PD18, the menu I had just saved in PD14 opened with all the previous settings intact, but PD18 got to 20% (Not Responding) and crashed once I changed a motion setting and clicked OK. After reopening PD18, the custom menu was no longer present at all, unlike what tomasc saw with PD17; however PD14 showed the black, unnamed menu and it crashed when I tried to modify it.

I filled out the details in the PD14 Issue Reporter (crash dialog window) and included this thread's URL. I've also zipped the damaged menu item and attached it here for tech support. There's no need for anyone else to download it unless you want to experiment with a damaged menu entry. Hopefully there's more than enough info here to understand and correct the problem.

Bottom line: the Menu Designer PD14 works properly and can be used to modify any menu, but somewhere in PD15/16/17, the faulty code appeared and that version of PD (and newer) can not be used to modify the motion setting. I imagine PD17 and PD18 can/will be patched, but I don't know if they'll go back any farther.
 Filename
Menu_002.zip
[Disk]
 Description
zipped damaged menu folders
 Filesize
3453 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
180 time(s)

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Here is a link concerning the 2nd problem that the OP inquired. The Scenes background menu duration here is 1 min. 22 sec. Duration with motion thumbnails: https://youtu.be/X18gbeVSI64 .

Bonagege post questions repeatedly about PowerDirector Menus and is very contempt about them. Regardless of the answer he sees in the forums he has to add his two cents every time on PowerDirector and those who replies in the PD Forums. Link: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/77281.page . It does seem that the particular support individual or technician may not be giving him the right answer any time he contacts them!! Tech support needs to do better so users can be happy....
bonagege [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Italia, Lombardia GMT + 1 Joined: Jun 25, 2011 16:32 Messages: 187 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Here is a link concerning the 2nd problem that the OP inquired. The Scenes background menu duration here is 1 min. 22 sec. Duration with motion thumbnails: https://youtu.be/X18gbeVSI64 .

Bonagege post questions repeatedly about PowerDirector Menus and is very contempt about them. Regardless of the answer he sees in the forums he has to add his two cents every time on PowerDirector and those who replies in the PD Forums. Link: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/77281.page . It does seem that the particular support individual or technician may not be giving him the right answer any time he contacts them!! Tech support needs to do better so users can be happy....
For Tomasc,
to read your answer I have to use an automatic translator, that's why I didn't understand the meaning correctly.
The fact remains that Cyberlink has not fixed the bug, so customer care is poor. W 10 64 , pc Dell XPS 8000 - core i7 2,8 GHz--ram 6 MB--GEFORCE GTX 1050TI 4GB - SSD 256 + 2x630--area Pal
Videocam: Panasonic SD 700 avchd
Pinnacle 14 - PD 9-13-17