Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
As mentioned- roll back to Nvidia driver 331.58

Shadowplay is a separate module that is loaded when you install the Nvidia GeForce Experience software. See here: http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience

Only the later graphics cards can take advantage of this built in GPU based screen capture feature. (Yours, obviously is quite capable since you have already done so.) This software can be automatically installed every time you do an update to your graphics driver. It gives you an option to do so. It scans your games and can auto optimize to the best playable settings depend on your specific computer setup. (You of course have the option of manually doing this yourself.) It also advises you if there is a graphics card driver update available for download.

The race between AMD and Nvidia in terms of updating their drivers to make certain games play more efficiently and faster is causing issues with PD and other prgms. Wait until they have another update beyond 331.65 that does not break PD before installing it.

331.58 works perfectly fine. Unless you like to squeeze out every single ounce of game performance and sit there running endless benchmarks then updating to the latest graphics drivers is sometimes (in this case) not the best thing to do.

Rob
Way to go Nathan (and everyone else testing.)

Lots of good info here.

Rob
... You can also "team up" with another editor buddy and combine $$ to buy an album pack...

Just to add to this- be careful if you intend to upload to sites that check music copyright / license and ownership. For instance Youtube allows third party license holders to check music in all video clips hosted on YouTube. If they find that the music is not registered to you they flag your video and start to monetize the video by putting their adverts on it. You just agree to it and they will leave your video up. Other times they can be more aggressive and send a take down notice which can result in a copyright infringement strike against you. Three (3) Copyright type strikes and your YouTube channel will get taken down.

So if you buy an album and your friend(s) use that same song / tune in their video clips that you use- YouTube auto scanners find it, alert the copyright holders, they will send you a copyright type notice. They might also query SmartSound to see if you are indeed the licensee and then your account on SmartSound *might* also get flagged. Just be aware.

There are some notorious third party entities that will flag almost anything that you upload with music / sound in it. I usually tell them to take a hike since I own the license to the music I use. They then take away the copyright flag on my video. If they still persist forward it to SmartSound and their legal team will straighten them out. See info here: http://www.smartsound.com/support/link.php?action=detail&id=305

Once you buy a SmartSound album / song / sound effect you can use it for personal and commercial purposes - up to a point. See here, more than 10 000 units require an additional "Mechanical" licensing fee See here: http://www.smartsound.com/support/licenseinfo

"Royalty Free" is great- just be aware of the pitfalls and usage.

Rob
Oh, yeah- now I see it- Photo Director 3 is given as a freebie in the Exclusive Benefits section of my login.

Yeah a bit sneaky to get you to upgreade- but hey it was a freebie after all.

I just downloaded it. I might install it, then upgrade to the latest version 5 at a bigger discount.
Heck, wait till the Black Friday sales around the US thanksgiving in a few weeks and get it for an even better deal.

Rob
What version of PD are you using ?
I don't have Photo Director installed yet.

Have you tried uninstalling and then re-installing Photo Director to get it to be recognized?

R
Quote:
Quote:
So cudos and thanks to the Cyberlink gremlins working away in the background.
Much appreciated.
Rob

And to the forum members who discovered it didn't work

Yes the Bustrace file- it had a .btd so I thought it was created with the Biz Tree software.

Anyway I downloaded the Bustrace 9.0 reader and even that is saying I need the full retail version to view the file since it was created with the client version of Bustrace. Since Tech support requested it they should be able to read that file.

Also forgot to thank you for the Wise Registry Cleaner mention.
Has now become my favorite Registry cleaner.

Rob
Quote:

1. The "gain" control affects ALL clips on the time line ! Even when you select only one clip.
2. When using the "Volume" slider only the beginning of the selected clip is adjusted, not the entire clip. Which means that one has to repeat the process for the end of the clip.

1. Whut ... no really ? Son of a .... grrrr

2. Now that I think about it- this same thing used to happen to me in PD 11. As a work around, I manually entered the volume number into the level field and hit the enter key. I became so used to doing this that I actually never thought about it anymore. Used to bug the heck out of me til I found the workaround. (Give that a try- hopefully that at least still works.)

Rob
Hello welcome-

[Edit to add:]

The Xeon X5660 is listed as a 6 Core / 12 thread processor. So your dual CPU setup = 12 Core / 24 Thread. (Unless I am missing something.) So do you mean Power Director 12 is using the 6+6= 12 Cores and not the 12+12 = 24 Threads ?
-----------------------

I was thinking about building a workstation the other day to do heavy rendering work for my other software (in addition to using it for Power Director.) So very interested in yours and others observations regarding dedicated Server / Workstation performance. I would definitely like to see whatever additional test times you have.

Thanks for posting.

Rob
Hello,

re: Preview Window size. A few ways of doing this.

1.) Just double click inside the preview window to make it full screen.
2.) also you can drag and move the left as well drag on the bottom of the Preview window to make it bigger.

3.) Another way is to click the undock Preview window icon, then resize the window to whatever size you want and when finished redock the preview window.

Rob

Ha- sorry not meant to taken as a solution- just that Jeff and I have had previous discussions about this.

Anyway...

There are "two" Preview windows here:
One when you edit and modify your picture / clips in the Edit screen and another when you go the Produce screen

Do you have the "enable Preview during production" box checked in the Produce screen before clicking start?
(I personally have that turned off and I never use it. It takes up system resources and the final Produce file is what I am interested in- not a preview of it.)

At this point that I treat both Previews - Editing & Produce as just that- a Preview.
Not the final output. So I have long stopped expecting it to show me the real final Produced file version.

So in other words- if the final output file is error free then I would not worry about it.

Rob

Hi Dan,

You should be able to do a green screen effect exactly the same in PD 11 as in PD 12 (I take it you just viewed the pointy hand tutorial by Adrian.)

PD 11 is still a very capable and powerful editor. I only upgraded because it has extra features and tweaks such as right click the transitions in the timeline and change the duration instead of having to manually go to the Preferences setting every time to do so. Some very subtle and some very major ones that caught my interest.

Since you are a newer user, I wouldn't sweat what the differences are. Just get comfortable with PD 11 and when your knowledge grows and you need more features then you have the option to upgrade to PD 12 and beyond.

.. and yes all NLEs and the different versions have their issues it's a given.

Rob
Quote: Over the years, multiple issues have occurred with HA encoding in PD, be it Nvidia, AMD, or Intel, older technologies (CUDA, Avivo...) or the newer PD10+, OpenCL implementation. For these reasons, I simply use CPU only encoding in PD for any final project which has been much more robust for many, quality wise, crash/error wise, and burn wise.
Jeff

It took me a month or two of using PD to come to this exact same conclusion. GPU acceleration has its place- but with so many systems and configurations (along with the changing / tweaking of the coding that is done by the programs of the software themselves,) the old "results may vary" line seems to be appropriate.

Hence why I am now going to build a dedicated NLE rig with massive CPU cores. (Possibly a mini Workstation- but I need to do a bit of research on that since I have never tackled a Workstation before.) The new Haswell refresh (Broadwell) is out by Intel 1st/2nd quarter of next year- will wait and see what that brings to the table. I am interested in the R series of i7 processors since they have the extra on board memory- but that requires, as of now, a whole new motherboard setup. Oh yeah and any rig should have Thunderbolt 2 to futrure proof 4K output.

... oops getting off topic here.

Suffice to say- this is another CL "quirk" that we can only keep hammering away at them to look at and hopefully update / fix.

Rob
I had a look at that thread earlier but since you uninstalled and cleaned your system then a new profile.reg should have been created so I disregarded it.

I checked your profile.reg with mine and I didn't see anything amiss. 804 entries and nothing out of place that I can see. (The 53K .reg file) Also the 1K ~profile.reg only has 2 entries which is the same as mine.

I am having a heck of a time opening up the Biz Tree file. It seems the Demo version does not like my Win 8.1 even though it should be compatible with Win 8. Can you convert it to a Word or plain text file?

Don't give up on tech support, keep bugging them. Since your Power2Go works then it's obviously an issue with the disc burn feature in PD.

Rob
Hello,

Just a quick check- shut down your computer and disconnect your Seagate Goflex USB drive as well as any unnecessary external USB and other attachments.

Also it looks like you have two DVD drives in your computer?
Which one are you using to try to burn ?

They might be conflicting with each other- can you disconnect one and use the other one and see?

Rob
Nina- you're doing it wrong .. /jk

Okay a bit hard to make heads or tails of what you are saying but I take it after you Produce everything looks great without any issues. (Other than the other old PD issues- which are another story altogether.)

Have you tried the Render Preview function to see if those crazy lines show up?

For those not familiar with it- Use the little side tabs on the timeline scrubber to highlight your section and click Render Preview:
See link for more info: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30458.page

Rob
All in all, this was a really fast fix / patch.
Less than 4 business working days.
Impressive.

So cudos and thanks to the Cyberlink gremlins working away in the background.
Much appreciated.

Rob
Cyberlink needs more BETA testers !!!
Especially before final product launch.

I started using PD 11 this year and even I can see this needs to be addressed more thoroughly.
Yes I know this has been a tired beaten drum by now.

Rob

*shakes angry fist at screen*
(and you should see how much fist shaking I am doing too.. wait that didn't sound quite right... never mind.)
Careful, 3026 is for PD 11 not for PD 12.
See here:

http://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_en_US.html

R
This sounds familiar: PD 11 Audio / Video out of sync:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/27560.page

The PD 12 "Power Tools" tab is going missing to indicate the error when the trouble clip is selected.

I haven't done much with PD 12 on my end yet to try and replicate the issue.
Could be a new issue altogether in addition to the above thread.

R
I stayed with 331.58

Nvidia is pushing these updated drivers specifically targeted at gamers. (The one up-manship with AMD pushing out their own drivers and tweaks for the latest greatest games,) is causing the rest of us headaches.

I just did a couple test renders of archival material with both
PD 12 - latest working patch 2203 & Nvidia 331.58- as well as
PD 11 - latest patch 3230 & Nvidia 331.58

both Produced files, image & video came out okay.
PD 12 is faster with SVRT by a full 2:30 mins on my older 3rd gen Intel system for these tests. I was pleasantly surprised.

R
Go to: