Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Blur Mask - Problems
Haya Busa [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 05, 2013 03:49 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All,

Sorry if this has been answered before I have tried searching.

When I add a blur effect into my video track I can edit/size the mask in the pop-up window with a small image preview. If anyone knows how I can do this in the main image please let me know how. The preview window is too small for detailed work. (or how to make the preview window bigger or zoom)

Next issue is if I use a FX track directly below my video track (because I only want the effect in a small portion of timeline) and add, say a 10 second blur. when I go to edit the mask the 'small' popup window is black and I have to blindly try to get the mask where I want it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Windows 7 64bit - PD12 v2209

Thanks
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

re: Preview Window size. A few ways of doing this.

1.) Just double click inside the preview window to make it full screen.
2.) also you can drag and move the left as well drag on the bottom of the Preview window to make it bigger.

3.) Another way is to click the undock Preview window icon, then resize the window to whatever size you want and when finished redock the preview window.

Rob

[Thumb - Dock - Undock Icon1.PNG]
 Filename
Dock - Undock Icon1.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
10 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
264 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 05. 2013 23:15

PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
Kevinv64 [Avatar]
Member Location: Upper Midwest Joined: Jun 28, 2012 05:41 Messages: 106 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Next issue is if I use a FX track directly below my video track (because I only want the effect in a small portion of timeline) and add, say a 10 second blur. when I go to edit the mask the 'small' popup window is black and I have to blindly try to get the mask where I want it.

Are you sure you have video rather than just black in the spot on the timeline that you're trying to start the mask? I ask this because I don't have the issue you describe and I'm just wondering if maybe you have a frame or two of black at the beginning or even a fade in, which could be why you see black. You could experiment by starting the blur right in the middle of the clip where you know for certain there is actual video.

Regarding your use of the FX track because you don't want to have the effect for the whole clip, another option is to split the clip so as to isolate the portion where you want the blur, then apply the blur directly onto that video track rather than on the FX track.