Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Shadowplay Editing - Am I missing something?
[Post New]
*Recording Gameplay of BF4 and then editing*
NVIDIA Shadowplay works great for me and I've got lots of footage but when I import the footage into Cyberlink Powerdirector to edit before putting on YouTube...it says rendering which takes forever and this is before even editing but it actually never works and the powerdirector closes....is this because of the shadowplay file or is this something to do with powerdirector....would be nice to get an answer soon because I can't put anything on my YouTube channel right now which sucks!

Thanks for your time,

Beast
geoffdown1 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: somewhere in Devon,England Joined: Oct 29, 2013 04:45 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: *Recording Gameplay of BF4 and then editing*
NVIDIA Shadowplay works great for me and I've got lots of footage but when I import the footage into Cyberlink Powerdirector to edit before putting on YouTube...it says rendering which takes forever and this is before even editing but it actually never works and the powerdirector closes....is this because of the shadowplay file or is this something to do with powerdirector....would be nice to get an answer soon because I can't put anything on my YouTube channel right now which sucks!

Thanks for your time,

Beast
roll back ur nvida drivers mine was 331.65 and gave the same problem as u I have rolled back to previous driver and now all fine Director suite 2
win 8.1
msi cx61 laptop
i7 haswell 4702MQ @2.2GHz
8GB of ram
1TB hard drive
Geforce GT 740M 2GB
Camera sony hx100v
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Beast -

Geoff's advice is good!

I guess your PC is reasonably powerful to be gaming and running ShadowPlay. You don't have shadow files enabled in PD's preferences do you? i.e. "Enable HD video processing" - you probably don't need it enabled.

If it's rendering in the timeline, then the driver rollback is the solution.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Wait so does that mean I don't get any of the footage I have already got...and I thought the latest driver was the way to get shadowplay so that won't be affected by rolling back....im not that smart when it comes to computers so how to I roll back my driver for NVIDIA and why would the latest driver affect the video in powerdirector?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 09. 2013 18:50

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
No - you won't lose anything at all. When you're editing, PD doesn't change your original clips.

Recently, some Nvidia drivers have caused problems with PD on some systems.

To rollback the driver (assuming NVIDIA) go to Control Panel > Device Manager
- expand Display Adapters
- right click on your GPU
- select Properties
- click on Driver tab (note the driver version to report here if needed)
- click on "Roll Back Driver"

Done.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
As mentioned- roll back to Nvidia driver 331.58

Shadowplay is a separate module that is loaded when you install the Nvidia GeForce Experience software. See here: http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience

Only the later graphics cards can take advantage of this built in GPU based screen capture feature. (Yours, obviously is quite capable since you have already done so.) This software can be automatically installed every time you do an update to your graphics driver. It gives you an option to do so. It scans your games and can auto optimize to the best playable settings depend on your specific computer setup. (You of course have the option of manually doing this yourself.) It also advises you if there is a graphics card driver update available for download.

The race between AMD and Nvidia in terms of updating their drivers to make certain games play more efficiently and faster is causing issues with PD and other prgms. Wait until they have another update beyond 331.65 that does not break PD before installing it.

331.58 works perfectly fine. Unless you like to squeeze out every single ounce of game performance and sit there running endless benchmarks then updating to the latest graphics drivers is sometimes (in this case) not the best thing to do.

Rob

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 10. 2013 09:13

PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
[Post New]
Thanks for all the help guys, I will try this out right now!
[Post New]
Thank you very much!!! Works perfectly now, I really appreciate the help everyone!

Have a great day!